Obama courtmartials Navy nurse who refused to torture gimto detainees

This should be moved to Political Satire. Guantanamo Bay was closed years ago, back when our benevolent leader President Obama was first elected. That means that everything in your article is a straight-up fabrication, OP.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

This is a lie, which is consistent with the fact that you're a liar.

“No decision has been made on whether the U.S. Navy will court-martial a nurse who refused to force-feed hunger strikers at Guantánamo during the summer, the nurse’s commander says.”

Read more here: Case of Navy nurse who refused to force-feed could put Guant namo hunger strike on trial - Guant namo - MiamiHerald.com

In addition to being a liar you're also ignorant, as the president has no authority whatsoever to determine who is or is not subject to a court-marital:

“As the lieutenant’s commander, it would be up to Pennington to decide what, if any, disciplinary action to pursue. Typically that starts with what is called a 15-6 investigation: a description of what happened and a recommendation of whether to order a court-martial.”

Read more here: Case of Navy nurse who refused to force-feed could put Guant namo hunger strike on trial - Guant namo - MiamiHerald.com

I thought Republicans liked feeding tubes. Didn't they force one to stay down the throat of Terry Shivo? Hell George Bush himself ordered the re insertion of the feeding tube on this woman.

What't the problem?

I thought Republicans liked feeding tubes. Didn't they force one to stay down the throat of Terry Shivo? Hell George Bush himself ordered the re insertion of the feeding tube on this woman.

What't the problem?

No. Terry Schiavo did not have a feeding tube down her throat. It was implanted in her stomach.

What would you say if the hunger striking inmates had just been allowed to die? Would that be a better outcome? To me, yes, that would be a preferable outcome. If they have decided to die, they should be treated like any other American that chose to end their lives.

hard call.... is saving a person's life really 'torture'? Is preventing a suicide really torture? I don't think so....?

Have you ever had a feeding tube shoved down your throat?
No, I am sure it is very uncomfortable but necessary. My grandfather, after he had a mild stroke, for a few months had to be fed with a feeding tube down his throat because he lost the ability to swallow for a while afterwards, but then he got that ability back and was released from the hospital and went on to live 6 more healthy years and died at over 90 years old. If he could handle the pain and discomfort at 85 years old, in order to have LIFE afterwards, I'm certain these dudes trying to kill themselves can deal with it.

What's your solution QW? To let them die through starvation?

What't the problem?
He did have the military force feed detainees in GITMO...

hard call.... is saving a person's life really 'torture'? Is preventing a suicide really torture? I don't think so....?

Have you ever had a feeding tube shoved down your throat?
No, I am sure it is very uncomfortable but necessary. My grandfather, after he had a mild stroke, for a few months had to be fed with a feeding tube down his throat because he lost the ability to swallow for a while afterwards, but then he got that ability back and was released from the hospital and went on to live 6 more healthy years and died at over 90 years old. If he could handle the pain and discomfort at 85 years old, in order to have LIFE afterwards, I'm certain these dudes trying to kill themselves can deal with it.

What's your solution QW? To let them die through starvation?

If they starve to death it could cause a huge headache for the US in the World Court.

What't the problem?

No. Terry Schiavo did not have a feeding tube down her throat. It was implanted in her stomach.

What would you say if the hunger striking inmates had just been allowed to die? Would that be a better outcome? To me, yes, that would be a preferable outcome. If they have decided to die, they should be treated like any other American that chose to end their lives.
Other than Oregon, we STOP people from committing suicide in this nation....at least we try Katz...

and 5 of the detainees in the hunger strike that took place in 2005 in Guantanamo WERE INNOCENT, and the investigation by the gvt found that they were not enemy combatants, should we have not forced fed them too and just let them kill themselves because they were hopeless?

Did you all complain it was torture when the bush admin was force feeding up to 30 inmates a day back then????

So what is this all about? Just obama deranged syndrome again, or what?

They will have a hard time arguing that this is torture. What is starving youself after all, but self-inflicted torture.

“No decision has been made on whether the U.S. Navy will court-martial a nurse who refused to force-feed hunger strikers at Guantánamo during the summer, the nurse’s commander says.”

In addition to being a liar you're also ignorant, as the president has no authority whatsoever to determine who is or is not subject to a court-marital:

“As the lieutenant’s commander, it would be up to Pennington to decide what, if any, disciplinary action to pursue. Typically that starts with what is called a 15-6 investigation: a description of what happened and a recommendation of whether to order a court-martial.”

Absolutely, positively incorrect. A court martial can be convened by ANY command authority, the POTUS is in command of EVERY member of the armed services and therefor absolutely, positively can convene a court martial against any member of said military.

U.S. Code § 822 - Art. 22

10 U.S. Code 822 - Art. 22. Who may convene general courts-martial LII Legal Information Institute

[

According to the UCMJ any convening authority may convene a court martial. Meaning the POTUS doesn't get involved with every such decision.

Without digging, I would say his commanding officer preferred the charges.

BS - obozo is CIC and he has to take the blame here. THINK

Think, your goddamned self!

Are you serious? Obama must be one busy sonofabitch, seems like he is personally responsible for EVERYTHING in the country that goes wrong! Obozo PERSONALLY makes all decisions and thus, everything that goes wrong MUST be his fault!!!

Jeez, it's pretty hot in this library, guess I need to pick up the commie hot-line and get our boy right on this!

Absolutely, positively incorrect. A court martial can be convened by ANY command authority, the POTUS is in command of EVERY member of the armed services and therefor absolutely, positively can convene a court martial against any member of said military.

10 U.S. Code 822 - Art. 22. Who may convene general courts-martial LII Legal Information Institute

Doowd! Seriously....

Doowd! Seriously....

Um what? It is clear, the POTUS can convene a court martial for ANY military member he wishes. That is not the same thing as saying he DID so in this instance.

Doowd! Seriously....

Um what? It is clear, the POTUS can convene a court martial for ANY military member he wishes. That is not the same thing as saying he DID so in this instance.

Do you seriously believe that the leader of our nation needs to go behind all military issues with his mop and bucket?

Knock it off, what you are proposing is completely absurd, Obama simply does not have time to do this.

Oh look, a drug dealer selling right in front of the police station - what will Obozo do about that?????

Forum List

Back