180 Million For A Cathederal But Not One Cent For The Poor!!!

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
I guess that's one way to "buy your way to heaven"....

Billionaire Ken Langone, the founder of Home Depot issued a warning to Pope Francis during an interview with CNBC which was published this past Monday. In the interview he said that wealthy people such as himself are feeling ostracized by the Pope’s messages in support of the poor, and might stop giving to charity if the Pope continues to make statements criticizing capitalism and income inequality.

The billionaire, who’s a major donor to the Republican Party, is currently working with Cardinal Timothy Dolan, the Archbishop of New York, to raise $180 million for the restoration of St. Patrick's Cathedral.

Billionaire threatens charity donations if Pope continues support for the poor - Las Vegas Democrat Examiner.com

One of the reasons I'm a recovering Catholic. I've always had a problem with the way the Catholic Church wastes millions of dollars on these huge, ornate buildings rather than helping people with that money.

Ever wonder where ALL THAT OIL MONEY in ARAB countries goes, while they have over a BILLION POOR Arabs and believers in Islam?.... Catholics are NOTHING compared to the fucking sand *******!

One of the reasons I'm a recovering Catholic. I've always had a problem with the way the Catholic Church wastes millions of dollars on these huge, ornate buildings rather than helping people with that money.
it was the same way with the Crystal Cathedral out here......big eyesore.....

The Catholic church is evil. Unfortunately they have brainwashed millions of people starting when they were children.

Ken Langone threatening to quit donating to a Christian church because its leader cares too much about the poor?

Damn, that's an Onion story if I ever heard one.

Billionaire Ken Langone, the founder of Home Depot issued a warning to Pope Francis during an interview with CNBC which was published this past Monday. In the interview he said that wealthy people such as himself are feeling ostracized by the Pope’s messages in support of the poor, and might stop giving to charity if the Pope continues to make statements criticizing capitalism and income inequality.

The billionaire, who’s a major donor to the Republican Party, is currently working with Cardinal Timothy Dolan, the Archbishop of New York, to raise $180 million for the restoration of St. Patrick's Cathedral.

Billionaire threatens charity donations if Pope continues support for the poor - Las Vegas Democrat Examiner.com

The ignorance of the left knows no bounds, catholic charities spends about 4 billion a year serving about 9 million people in the US. You want to bitch, how about 2 billion of that coming from your tax dollars. But you can go on bitching about this one guy helping to raise money to restore a church, I guess that makes sense to people like you.

Ever wonder where ALL THAT OIL MONEY in ARAB countries goes, while they have over a BILLION POOR Arabs and believers in Islam?.... Catholics are NOTHING compared to the fucking sand *******!

This does not have a damn thing to do with Christianity and Christ's message to those that accumulate and amass fortunes....This billionaire has a one way ticket to Hell and Jesus says so..

The ignorance of the left knows no bounds, catholic charities spends about 4 billion a year serving about 9 million people in the US. You want to bitch, how about 2 billion of that coming from your tax dollars. But you can go on bitching about this one guy helping to raise money to restore a church, I guess that makes sense to people like you.

Yet Jesus told the rich man to give away everything and give it to the poor, or risk never entering Heaven. You can'y play it both ways or you are a faker in Christ and his words..

Last edited:

This does not have a damn thing to do with Christianity and Christ's message to those that accumulate and amass fortunes....This billionaire has a one way ticket to Hell and Jesus says so..

IT REFERS TO religion, BUTTHEAD, and shows a comparison between the PROTECTED MUSLIM POND SCUMS RELIGION , and CHRISTIANITY!

"might stop giving to charity if the Pope continues to make statements criticizing capitalism and income inequality."

...is not equal to...

"180 Million For A Cathederal [sic] But Not One Cent For The Poor!!"

Reading comprehension grade level 4. Try a remedial course.

Last edited:
Home Depot founder a repub.........interesting, never go there cause of their support for illegals. He can keep his money we dont need it.

i'm done shopping there. enjoyed the 10% military discount, but we can get that at lowe's just as easily.

Paris was a small fishing village when the Catholic church began work on Notre Dame. 125 years and a large fortune later, when Notre Dame was completed Paris was the center of the French culture and economy.

I'm by no means saying that this sort of thing correlates with the teachings of Jesus, but the Catholic Church has understood economics for a really long time. Major construction works create lot's of jobs and those people who get their livelihood building for the Catholic church tend to be devote Catholics.

$180 mil pays an awful lot of salaries. Besides good Catholics are supposed to donate %15 of there income to the church. So what goes around comes around.

I wish the GOP understood economics as well as the Catholic church does!

BTW - though the Catholic church is dedicated to accepting contributions, don't expect them to bend to this guys will. $180mil is nothing to the Catholic church.

As far as complaints about the wealth of the Catholic church, I recommend reading a book entitled "The Name of the Rose". Don't see the movie, the movie blatantly ignored the very essence of the book.

The Catholic church is evil. Unfortunately they have brainwashed millions of people starting when they were children.
Had to come out sooner or later...
omg_smile.gif

The Catholic church is neither all good or all evil, it is what it is. People that get all hung up in being either extremely pro-Catholic or anti-Catholic are getting caught up in religious mumbo jumbo nonsense.

All totaled I would say that the Catholic church leans towards being a very very good organization. Not because of the leadership of the Catholic church, but because of the hundreds of thousands of low level Priests, nuns and monks who really do believe and spend their lives doing good works.

The Catholic church is neither all good or all evil, it is what it is. People that get all hung up in being either extremely pro-Catholic or anti-Catholic are getting caught up in religious mumbo jumbo nonsense.

All totaled I would say that the Catholic church leans towards being a very very good organization. Not because of the leadership of the Catholic church, but because of the hundreds of thousands of low level Priests, nuns and monks who really do believe and spend their lives doing good works.
You mean like the commies they are?

Forum List

Back