Obama cheerfully signs a GIANT pork-filled $1 trl "Farm" bill

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Make no mistake about it, this $1 trillion bill that is so filled with pork spending that you would think this thing has to be a joke. Democrats and Republicans can always find common ground when it comes to taking our tax dollars and giving it to big business.
And this farm bill is the crowning achievement of this endeavor.
And Obama? Signs it with a B I G grin.
Hope and Change.

And there you go folks. While we all argue back and forth about your side and my side - BOTH sides blindsides us with yet another GIANT corporate giveaway.

Make no mistake about it, this $1 trillion bill that is so filled with pork spending that you would think this thing has to be a joke. Democrats and Republicans can always find common ground when it comes to taking our tax dollars and giving it to big business.
Hope and Change.

And there you go folks. While we all argue back and forth about your side and my side - BOTH sides blindsides us with yet another GIANT corporate giveaway.

Not sure why he is grinning. Most farmers are generally Republican. And they aren't going to switch no matter how big he grins.

farm-2.jpg

Hope and Change.

Pork going to RED STATES.

Say thank your Mr. President and move on.

Hope and Change.

Okay..what would you do to combat Chinese Currency manipulation or the generally corrupt market world wide?

Pork makes the country work, despite all the hypocritical Pub grandstanding for the dupes. The problem is bad pork, corruption, and cronyism- you know, what causes the bubbles, busts and scandals that seem to always happen under Pubs, kids. See 2008 meltdown, S and L, 1929, 1923, Grant administration...

Pork makes the country work, despite all the hypocritical Pub grandstanding for the dupes. The problem is bad pork, corruption, and cronyism- you know, what causes the bubbles, busts and scandals that seem to always happen under Pubs, kids. See 2008 meltdown, S and L, 1929, 1923, Grant administration...

No it doesn't. It just allows a senator or congressmen to bring money to his district or state from the collective and then say...."Look what I did for you".

No it doesn't. It just allows a senator or congressmen to bring money to his district or state from the collective and then say...."Look what I did for you".

You just outlined why it works.

You might want to look into what it does.

Creates jobs.
Bolsters the economy.
Widens the tax base.

And..who doesn't like bacon? :cool:

Creates jobs.
Bolsters the economy.
Widens the tax base.

Could you explain how it works when we're 17 trillion in the hole? Lol. There should never be an excess surplus or the amount of debt that we currently have.

Hope and Change.

Pork going to RED STATES.

Say thank your Mr. President and move on.

Actually most of the money is going for food stamps and most of that goes to blue states.

Wait for it....

A connection is now being made.

Creates jobs.
Bolsters the economy.
Widens the tax base.

So you are saying that $billions given to agri-super companies that is little more than profit guarantees is the right thing to do? These same companies that are literally swimming in profits and control nearly 98% of the marketshare deserve our taxpayer dollars because of why?
I thought you guys bitch about how these subsidies have forced Mexican farmers into deeep poverty and is one of the leading causes of illegal immigration?
SO...

Creates jobs.
Bolsters the economy.
Widens the tax base.

So you are saying that $billions given to agri-super companies that is little more than profit guarantees is the right thing to do? These same companies that are literally swimming in profits and control nearly 98% of the marketshare deserve our taxpayer dollars because of why?
I thought you guys bitch about how these subsidies have forced Mexican farmers into deeep poverty and is one of the leading causes of illegal immigration?
SO...
But their guys are in charge...it's just different some how...it just is.

Hope and Change.

Not sure why he is grinning. Most farmers are generally Republican. And they aren't going to switch no matter how big he grins.

He's grinning because the bill has little to do with farmers. About $80 billion is to cover the huge increase in food stamp use. With Obamacare killing millions more jobs and now reducing wages, he is happy to see more people being forced to turn to nanny government.

Forum List

Back