Obama: Caterpillar will rehire if stimulus passes

Hey, that's great news. So if they hire more workers back, they'll be able to produce more tractors and whatever else they produce. Ummm, who's going to buy the excess inventory? Don't they need buyers first? Maybe I'm confused about this process. I thought comapanies produced more goods based on demand.

Auditor = again makes sense...cepting that if the stimulus passes - guess what it includes?

road building - hmmm road building...

sinatra - your like unhinged loon. The CEO told Obama catepliar would rehire...how the hell is this a pay to play?

Auditor = again makes sense...cepting that if the stimulus passes - guess what it includes?

sinatra - your like unhinged loon. The CEO told Obama catepliar would rehire...how the hell is this a pay to play?

You are aware the Caterpillar CEO is on Obama's economic recovery panel, yes?

Obama's intent is to reward both Caterpillar and the UAW with huge sums of government contracts.

Now Cat's Owens is a smart guy, and likely simply attempting to survive in these exceedingly difficult times, but make no mistake, Obama is attempting to inflict his will upon this corporation while increasing the influence of the UAW over it.

Yep, 42 billion is a massive amount of money for roads, especially considering much of that infrastructure money will go to projects other than roads. I guess we'll have to see, but I don't see the kind of infrastructure spending that was being discussed initially.

Forum List

Back