Obama Care Crisis Solved for Congress and Staffers!

Congress keeps voting. Senate won't pick it up. If it did and passed it, Obama won't sign it.

One of our finest non-reactonary conservative writers go this right. Charles Krauthammer: Tea party draws wrong lines on security and Obamacare. Charles Krauthammer: Tea party draws wrong lines on security and Obamacare | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

thats whats called an argument in mitigation.....if Reid won't bring it up for a vote, is not germane to the issue, the rules as passed and codified in the bill stand.

Immaterial is the appropriate response. Tis what tis.

Misinformation and disinformation are all that the conservative reactionaries and libertarians can do now.

As Paul's campaign is mismanaged over the next few years, the reactionaries will have to form a new party or simply disappear.

As long as the President, by way of a CLAIMED authority to legislate via "executive order" (or by Executive Branch agency fiat), can carve out exceptions to the applicability of the Obamacare Law for certain groups, then it MAY be time to get a more universal fix to the MASSIVE problems caused by Obamacare.

Carve out a UNIVERSAL exception. Issue one of those executive orders or direct The Office of Personnel Management to promulgate some some "ruling" that excepts EVERYONE from Obamacare.

Yes.

I'm sure the President will be fair like that.

The result is: the PROBLEMS with Obamacare will be easily solved. The "law" can stay on the books (so The ONE will never have to admit what a clusterfuck of stupid it was from jump street). But it will simply not APPLY to anybody!

Fakey couldn't take the heat, so in his usual way, he pussied out.

I have to admit, I find that quite funny. But don't quote me on that. Wouldn't want to make Fakey cry, again.

:lol:

Well what did you little peon subjects expect from Obama...He shows daily how he thinks "government" is more SPECAIL than you all are...yet you grovel at his feet saying, oh thank you dear leader, we love love love you...

oh well you voted for it...live with it

As long as the President, by way of a CLAIMED authority to legislate via "executive order" (or by Executive Branch agency fiat), can carve out exceptions to the applicability of the Obamacare Law for certain groups, then it MAY be time to get a more universal fix to the MASSIVE problems caused by Obamacare.

Carve out a UNIVERSAL exception. Issue one of those executive orders or direct The Office of Personnel Management to promulgate some some "ruling" that excepts EVERYONE from Obamacare.

Yes.

I'm sure the President will be fair like that.

The result is: the PROBLEMS with Obamacare will be easily solved. The "law" can stay on the books (so The ONE will never have to admit what a clusterfuck of stupid it was from jump street). But it will simply not APPLY to anybody!

I learned when I went to DC in 1996 for the ANA convention there and got a private tour of the west wing that there are staff attorneys who work in the White House. I am not sure who is credited with writing the ACA. We know Congress didn't read it. As fast as it went down, I don't know anyone who has that kind of reading speed. I suspect it was largely written by Obama's staff attorneys, and was created over a very long time. I really think someone put that thing about congress having to be covered under ACA as some kind of joke that no one noticed until now. I think it was an 'Easter egg.'

An Easter egg is an intentional inside joke, hidden message, or feature in a work such as a computer program, movie, book, or crossword. According to game designer Warren Robinett, the term was coined at Atari by personnel who were alerted to the presence of a secret message which had been hidden by Robinett in his already widely distributed game, Adventure.[1][2] The name has been said to evoke the idea of a traditional Easter egg hunt.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_egg_(media)

But that's just my take.

so, some ruminations on how this will go down, and several of us were correct ( when greenbeard goes silent or refuses to answer questions directly, thats usually the case btw)...they apparently will get to eat their cake and have it too...this is rank bullshit, period and indefensible;

Congress's ObamaCare Exemption

The President intervenes to give Members and staff a break.

snip-

The Affordable Care Act requires Members of Congress and their staffs to participate in its insurance exchanges, in order to gain first-hand experience with what they're about to impose on their constituents. Harry Truman enrolled as the first Medicare beneficiary in 1965, and why shouldn't the Members live under the same laws they pass for the rest of the country?

That was the idea when Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley proposed the original good-enough-for-thee, good-enough-for-me amendment in 2009, and the Finance Committee unanimously adopted his rule. Declared Chairman Max Baucus, "I'm very gratified that you have so much confidence in our program that you're going to be able to purchase the new program yourself and I'm confident too that the system will work very well."

But the statute means that about 11,000 Members and Congressional staff will lose the generous coverage they now have as part of the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP). Instead they will get the lower-quality, low-choice "Medicaid Plus" of the exchanges. The Members—annual salary: $174,000—and their better paid aides also wouldn't qualify for ObamaCare subsidies. That means they could be exposed to thousands of dollars a year in out-of-pocket insurance costs.

snip-

And now the White House is suspending the law to create a double standard. The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) that runs federal benefits will release regulatory details this week, but leaks to the press suggest that Congress will receive extra payments based on the FEHBP defined-contribution formula, which covers about 75% of the cost of the average insurance plan. For 2013, that's about $4,900 for individuals and $10,000 for families.

How OPM will pull this off is worth watching. Is OPM simply going to cut checks, akin to "cashing out" fringe benefits and increasing wages? Or will OPM cover 75% of the cost of the ObamaCare plan the worker chooses—which could well be costlier than what the feds now contribute via current FEHBP plans? In any case the carve-out for Congress creates a two-tier exchange system, one for the great unwashed and another for the politically connected.

This latest White House night at the improv is also illegal. OPM has no authority to pay for insurance plans that lack FEHBP contracts, nor does the Affordable Care Act permit either exchange contributions or a unilateral bump in congressional pay in return for less overall compensation. Those things require appropriations bills passed by Congress and signed by the President.

But the White House rejected a legislative fix because Republicans might insist on other changes, and Mr. Obama feared that Democrats would go along because they're looking out for number one.

more at
Review & Outlook: Congress's ObamaCare Exemption - WSJ.com

it is what it is, no I am not surprised either........ every time they pull something like this and the general reaction is ___thud_________, it just makes it easier to do the next one, the unions are burning up the wires to the WH right this moment, message- "its our turn".

Forum List

Back