Obama cancel your cell phones and cable if you cant pay for Obamacare

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

the ACA is a trainwreck and billy-tard cant handle it

face it you dolt; your messiah obama is inept; and a master of the obvious. you're a lemming tring to defend his useless comments

you can't stand the fact that your wrong and ignorant too boot !!! so far, everything you have said hasn't had one ounce of truth to it ... either you're a liar or you're dirt stupid ... I side on the side of you being dirt stupid ...

and it's like 200 minutes

libs are losers who lie to themselves
sorry buddy, the phone company say 1 hour ... so stop your lying .. the phone company pays for it not the tax payer ... do some fucking research for once in your miserable life

the program left-wing losers love to say bush the elder started has TRIPLED in just the years obama has been in office; now it cost taxpayers over $2 billion

and loser billy is pretending it has no cost

what has trippled and what 2 billion does tax payers pay you need to be a little more forth coming in your rash statements ..

Ame®icano;8772495 said:
Nobody is distorting anything... People without insurance could've do that before Obamacare and were not doing it. Now with ACA, smart ass Barry is telling them something they already knew, only difference is, if they don't buy insurance he's gonna get their money anyways by penalizing them.

I do realize that you are stupid ... because its mopron like you who can't tell the difference between Obama cancel your cell phones and cable if you cant pay for Obamacare and if you can't afford you health care how about cutting back on your cell phone and your cable is a distortion ??? you are stupid

i do realize you're a pathetic lemming and useful idiot making excuse after excuse for a failed president

Translation= I was right and you were wrong ... once again you have shown us how ignorant you are ... we get it !!:D:D:D

I do realize that you are stupid ... because its mopron like you who can't tell the difference between Obama cancel your cell phones and cable if you cant pay for Obamacare and if you can't afford you health care how about cutting back on your cell phone and your cable is a distortion ??? you are stupid

i do realize you're a pathetic lemming and useful idiot making excuse after excuse for a failed president

Translation= I was right and you were wrong ... once again you have shown us how ignorant you are ... we get it !!:D:D:D

YAWN'
left-wing losers are immune to their own stupidiy; you arent man enough to admit you're wrong
the program cost billions; and you're pretending it's free

you look stupid

no it isnt you moron; and you can get as many of them as you want. i know one lady from the Bronx who has four of them. they arent checking

ur a loser who doesnt know what is going on out there

I quoted you the law now your saying it isn't law ... now we all know who the stupid one is and that would be you say hi to the CLown at mickey "D's" the tax pay doesn't pay for any of those 4 free phones ... the phone company does ... do some fucking research

you're too stupid for words; who do you think the cost gets passed on to then you mindless moron?
take an economics class; leave mommy's basement loser

did you read anything you mindless twit ??? the phone company gives thme a phone ... thyeir income has to be around 15000 a yearfor one person and 30,000 dollars of a family of four .... the phone company gives them it not the tax payer... the phone company said they give them 1 hour a month of cell time a month ... not 200 minutes as you said ... why do you keep lying so much either you are a liar or you're dirt stupid

The Lifeline program is not directly subsidized by taxpayer monies. It is paid for out of the federal Universal Service Fund (USF) through a fee assessed against telecommunications service providers, who may or may not pass those costs along to their customers:
Read more at snopes.com: Free 'ObamaPhones' for Welfare Recipients

here you go moron; this is from a PRO-OBAMA website; and even they admit the costs of the program are likely passed on to others

aer you saying "greedy "corporations wouldnt do that you mindless moron billy?

did you read a damn thing there ant the web site you provided ???? I guess you didn't from the first thing written

MIXTURE OF TRUE AND FALSE INFORMATION:

TRUE: A federal program subsidizes providers who supply telephone services to low-income consumers.

FALSE: The Obama administration created a program to provide free cell phones and service to welfare recipients.

do you read a damn thing youve provided ??? didn't think so you are a liar

heres more of your lies bedowin62 View Post that you didn't read from your own source and call me a idiot ????

BWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAhA now thats funny loser

Have you heard this one? THE OBAMAPHONE

Actually in the state of Wisconsin it is 250 minutes of Free Air Time and they are running TV ads promoting it. No Bull

Just when you think you've heard it all,, our illustrious Congress quietly comes up with a new zinger to put their hands in your pockets, and pick them while you aren’t watching.

Isn't this just wonderful!

I was standing in line at the checkout counter at Wal Mart and as I looked at the line behind me, I saw a couple of people talking about what looked like identical new cell phones, bragging about the fact that their phones were free and so was the airtime.

The woman in line behind me had heard the same exchange and turned to the young man behind her and asked, "Is that a new type of cell phone?"

The young man replied, "Yes, this is my new 'Obama phone'".

She asked him what an "Obama phone" was, and he went on to say that, "Welfare recipients are now eligible to receive" what he described as (1) a FREE new cell phone, and (2) approximately 70 FREE minutes of air time every month.

Needless to say, I was a little skeptical about his answer, so when I got back home, I 'Googled' it, and lo and behold, he was telling the truth.

This was what I discovered:

SafeLink Wireless is a government supported program that provides a free cell phone and airtime each month for income-eligible customers.

In other words, your tax dollars are being distributed to a wireless phone provider to provide welfare recipients with free cell phones and airtime.

I don't know about you, but as for me, enough is enough. We are $14 Trillion in debt, Congress is balking at continuing unemployment payments to those who want to work, and Congress is increasing the dole-out to dead beats.

The ship of State is sinking, and it's sinking fast. The old concept of getting ahead through hard work has flown out the window. It has been replaced by Obama's and Congress' idea of "Hope and Change." The country has changed all right, changed to "Why should I work for it, when I can get it for free?"

[Collected via e-mail, October 2009]

Here's another Obama program that we taxpayers are footing the bill for.

I had a former employee call me earlier today inquiring about a job, and at the end of the conversation he gave me his phone number. I asked the former employee if this was a new cell phone number and he told me yes this was his "Obama phone." I asked him what an "Obama phone" was and he went on to say that welfare recipients are now eligible to receive (1) a FREE new phone and (2) approx 70 minutes of FREE minutes every month. I was a little skeptical so I Googled it and low and behold he was telling the truth. TAX PAYER MONEY IS BEING REDISTRIBUTED TO WELFARE RECIPIENTS FOR FREE CELL PHONES. This program was started earlier this year. Enough is enough, the ship is sinking and it's sinking fast. The very foundations that this country was built on are being shaken. The age old concepts of God, family, and hard work have flown out the window and are being replaced with "Hope and Change" and "Change we can believe in."

Origins: Imagine for a moment what your life would be like without a phone, corded or wireless. How would you contact emergency services if there was a fire or a serious injury? How would you contact a potential new employer, or keep in touch with a current one? How would you contact your utility company about a power outage, or a doctor about your sick child? How would you keep in touch with your loved ones and your community? In this day and age, telecommunications services are a real necessity, and not being able to afford them is a real liability.

Those types of questions prompted the Federal Communication Commission to implement the Lifeline benefit program for income-eligible consumers in 1984. That program had two parts: Lifeline Assistance, which
provided discounts on basic monthly landline telephone service at the primary residence of qualified telephone subscribers, and Lifeline Link-Up, which provided discounts on the initial installation fee for landline telephone service at the primary residence of qualified telephone subscribers.

As cell phone usage has increased and cell phone service fees have dropped, the Lifeline program has been expanded to include wireless technology. Prepaid cell phone companies have spun off government-approved subsidiaries (such as Safelink Wireless, Assurance Wireless, and Reachout Wireless) to specialize in providing Lifelife-covered telephone services to qualifying participants.

From that basic framework, rumors like the ones encapsulated in the Examples cited above have circulated, claiming that "the Obama administration created a program to give free cell phones paid for by taxpayer money to welfare recipients." All the elements of such statements are erroneous or exaggerated:

* The Lifeline program originated in 1984, during the administration of Ronald Reagan; it was expanded in 1996, during the administration of Bill Clinton; and its first cellular provider service (SafeLink Wireless) was launched by TracFone in 2008, during the administration of George W. Bush. All of these milestones were passed prior to the advent of the Obama administration.

* The Lifeline program only covers monthly discounts on landline or wireless telephone service for eligible consumers. It does not pay cellular companies to provide free cell phones to consumers, although some cellular service providers choose to offer that benefit to their Lifeline customers.

* Lifeline discounts are not available only to "welfare recipients" — these programs are implemented at both the state and federal levels, so qualification criteria can vary from state to state, but in general participants must have an income that is at or below 135% of the federal Poverty Guidelines, or take part in at least one of the following federal assistance programs:
o Medicaid;
o Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps or SNAP);
o Supplemental Security Income (SSI);
o Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8);
o Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP);
o Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF);
o National School Lunch Program's Free Lunch Program;
o Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance;
o Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TTANF);
o Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR);
o Head Start (if income eligibility criteria are met); or
o State assistance programs (if applicable).

* The Lifeline program is not directly subsidized by taxpayer monies. It is paid for out of the federal Universal Service Fund (USF) through a fee assessed against telecommunications service providers, who may or may not pass those costs along to their customers:
All telecommunications service providers and certain other providers of telecommunications must contribute to the federal USF based on a percentage of their interstate and international end-user telecommunications revenues. These companies include wireline phone companies, wireless phone companies, paging service companies and certain Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) providers.

Some consumers may notice a “Universal Service” line item on their telephone bills. This line item appears when a company chooses to recover its USF contributions directly from its customers by billing them this charge. The FCC does not require this charge to be passed on to customers. Each company makes a business decision about whether and how to assess charges to recover its Universal Service costs. These charges usually appear as a percentage of the consumer’s phone bill. Companies that choose to collect Universal Service fees from their customers cannot collect an amount that exceeds their contribution to the USF. They also cannot collect any fees from a Lifeline program participant.

The costs of administering the Lifeline program have increased greatly with the move towards cellular telephone services, leading the FCC to approve a comprehensive overhaul of the program in January 2012 intended to eliminate waste, fraud, and abuse.

A number of web sites touting Lifeline benefits and imitating the look of government web sites have sprung up on the Internet, but those sites are privately operated ones created to promote the sales of cellular services and have no official connection to the federal government or the current presidential administration:
By 2010, Virgin Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, i-Wireless, Head Start, Consumer Cellular, Midwestern Telecom, Allied Wireless, and others had free phone plans. That's why you can find all these "free cell phone" websites that look kind of shady, like Obamaphone.net or FreeGovernmentCellPhones.net. In 2011, the FCC said that these carriers were "fiercely competing for the business of low-income consumers by marketing ‘free’ phones." TracFone spokesman Jose Fuentes [said], "We’ve had a lot of fly-by-night companies come in." Fuentes estimated that more than 1,700 wireless companies were part of Lifeline. Between 2008 and 2012, the number of people with Lifeline phones grew from 7.1 million to 12.5 million. These companies may be fly-by-night at providing cell phone service, but they are pretty good at marketing, and as the rush of merchandise tied to his inauguration showed, Obama's name seems to move product.

Read more at snopes.com: Free 'ObamaPhones' for Welfare Recipients

Last edited:
I quoted you the law now your saying it isn't law ... now we all know who the stupid one is and that would be you say hi to the CLown at mickey "D's" the tax pay doesn't pay for any of those 4 free phones ... the phone company does ... do some fucking research

you're too stupid for words; who do you think the cost gets passed on to then you mindless moron?

did you read anything you mindless twit ??? the phone company gives thme a phone ... thyeir income has to be around 15000 a yearfor one person and 30,000 dollars of a family of four .... the phone company gives them it not the tax payer... the phone company said they give them 1 hour a month of cell time a month ... not 200 minutes as you said ... why do you keep lying so much either you are a liar or you're dirt stupid

Yes, phone company gives them phone and plan with it. Then phone company receive federal subsidies for free cell phones given out. Plus, there is surcharge for people who actually pay for their phones... care to watch a video?

!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet we give free cell phones for low income .. He tells the middle class to give up stuff for his agenda and we are giving people free the stuff he told us to give up. How is this fair ??Obamacare's too expensive for ya? Cancel your cable, peasant! | The Daily Caller

as always you right wing nut jobs distort every thing that is said ... he clearly said if you can't afford you health care how about cutting back on your cell phone and your cable ...he didn't say cancel your cell phone cancel you cable ... why is it your right wing nut jobs have to distort everything that is said by the left ... are you soooooooo desperate to win a debate that you have to distort what is being said

Cutting back is the same as cutting off.

Obama lies so much that you can't get him to be frank.

Cutting back is a nice way of saying "you don't need the things that technology allows us to have". At one time cells were a luxury item. Now 8 year olds have them. Eventually this ass is going to say that air-conditioning is a luxury you po-folks can't afford, thanks to my destructive energy policies.

Last edited:
Yet we give free cell phones for low income .. He tells the middle class to give up stuff for his agenda and we are giving people free the stuff he told us to give up. How is this fair ??Obamacare's too expensive for ya? Cancel your cable, peasant! | The Daily Caller

Why not call for people who commit violent crimes and murder to get help
to "give up" their addictions and abuse, to save public funds wasted
on prosecutions and prisons that can pay for health care for more people.

Oh wait, that's right. We're NOT free to invest money directly into programs and services to help such people, to reduce or prevent crime, addiction and abuse that cost millions if not billions to taxpayers.

That's not an option under the federal mandates.

We are required to pay our money to "insurance companies" instead
of investing into creating more hospital, medical and educational programs to train more service providers while serving the public.

We are not asked, but forced by law to give up our freedom, while those who abused their freedom to commit crimes don't have to pay or give up theirs to pay the costs they incurred at our expense? I guess that would be slave labor or involuntary servitude to force them to work. But it's okay to take freedom away from lawabiding taxpayers who committed no crimes?

How is this not involuntary servitude? Are we all indentured slaves to government now, giving up more and more of our labor without our consent?

???

Ame®icano;8772592 said:
Ame®icano;8772495 said:
Nobody is distorting anything... People without insurance could've do that before Obamacare and were not doing it. Now with ACA, smart ass Barry is telling them something they already knew, only difference is, if they don't buy insurance he's gonna get their money anyways by penalizing them.

Read my post again.

Btw, using some punctuations could help...

no !!!! I fine with what I write ... if you don't like how its written then don't read it ...

YAWN'
left-wing losers are immune to their own stupidiy; you arent man enough to admit you're wrong

you look stupid

it may cost billions but the tax payer doesn't pay for it loser ... you look ever more stupid ... and you're embarrassing your self

YAWN'

you look stupid

don't you have a big Mac ad fries to sell ??? :D:D:D

:confused: Really? I did it long ago, and I don't miss it.

Cut the cord. That's the great thing about Inverted Totalitarianism: it can still be switched off.

The point should be we shouldn't have to do without.

Obama is working to make everything else so expensive that we will have to make choices between keeping our TV on or paying for our health insurance. I don't see why he would want to take away our cell phones anyway. It's a great way to keep track of us.

But not having a TV makes it harder for Fox to fill us full of nonsense.

Yeah well, this just in ... it's not just Fox, it's the nature of the Box.

Not having TV is hardly "doing without" -- I would argue having it is. TV after all serves no purpose other than selling the masses shit they don't need, including the abstract. As for pricing it out of reach, talk to the Comcasts and Charters and Verizons...

During discussions about the "poor" and their need for food stamps and increases in the minimum wage, there are some who claim the problem isn't as bad as the left often says and they use the number of the "poor" with cable and game systems to make their case. They're often castigated. "Why is it any of your business what a poor person does with the money they could be spending on food?" is essentially the question critics are asked.

The "poor" get free healthcare and free cellphones and free food, and are not to be begrudged their entertainment systems because life is hard and some games are educational and kids should get to have what other kids have, etc.

But the middle class is told to forego what the poor are given free with the taxes the middle class pay. They're told to give up conveniences even the "poor" take for granted so that they can purchase what they used to be able to more easily afford before Obama lied his slimy tush off to get the law passed and to make sure the public didn't find out the truth in time to use their vote to tell him what they thought about his lies.

Healthcare costs were supposed to go down. Families weren't supposed to have to give up things they used to take for granted in order to continue to get the healthcare which used to fit into their responsible budgets.

If people had known the truth, Obamacare wouldn't have passed.

Obama has a severe amount of gall.

Last edited:
Ame®icano;8772592 said:

Read my post again.

Btw, using some punctuations could help...

no !!!! I fine with what I write ... if you don't like how its written then don't read it ...

Read my post again. Whole thing, don't stop after first sentence "Nobody is distorting anything". There is more.

Btw, I don't like way you write. It's an insult to English grammar. If I don't reply, there will be just more insults added. I know you're proud now but... someday you'll find yourself, and will you be disappointed.

Ame®icano;8772601 said:

Economics? How about English class first?
:clap2::clap2::clap2: I do love the way he butchers the English language.

The point should be we shouldn't have to do without.

Obama is working to make everything else so expensive that we will have to make choices between keeping our TV on or paying for our health insurance. I don't see why he would want to take away our cell phones anyway. It's a great way to keep track of us.

But not having a TV makes it harder for Fox to fill us full of nonsense.

Yeah well, this just in ... it's not just Fox, it's the nature of the Box.

Not having TV is hardly "doing without" -- I would argue having it is. TV after all serves no purpose other than selling the masses shit they don't need, including the abstract. As for pricing it out of reach, talk to the Comcasts and Charters and Verizons...

During discussions about the "poor" and their need for food stamps and increases in the minimum wage, there are some who claim the problem isn't as bad as the left often says and they use the number of the "poor" with cable and game systems to make their case. They're often castigated. "Why is it any of your business what a poor person does with the money they could be spending on food?" is essentially the question critics are asked.

The "poor" get free healthcare and free cellphones and free food, and are not to be begrudged their entertainment systems because life is hard and some games are educational and kids should get to have what other kids have, etc.

But the middle class is told to forego what the poor are given free with the taxes the middle class pay. They're told to give up conveniences even the "poor" take for granted so that they can purchase what they used to be able to more easily afford before Obama lied his slimy tush off to get the law passed and to make sure the public didn't find out the truth in time to use their vote to tell him what they thought about his lies.

Healthcare costs were supposed to go down. Families weren't supposed to have to give up things they used to take for granted in order to continue to get the healthcare which used to fit into their responsible budgets.

If people had known the truth, Obamacare wouldn't have passed.

Obama has a severe amount of gall.

I don't disagree with that but it's got nothing to do with my post, which should have been tagged with "/offtopic" as it's a tangent.

I see the comparison you're trying to make; depriving the middle class of a "convenience" while the poor -- well no, they don't get free cable so that doesn't work. But my point is TV, which that tangent is about, is not a "convenience" -- it's a propaganda tool and anyone without it is better off. So for me this comparison doesn't work. Anyone who escapes the telescreen just took a step forward in their own self-interest.

If a classist entity wanted to keep the poor or the middle class down, they would make sure they had access to TV at any cost, because it's their best tool. They've done such an efficient job of selling it as if it's a desirable commodity that they don't have to.

Last edited:
nobody else is paying for it either ... the statement that is being run by the right is where a black woman says and we are getting free cell phones... the person who was doing the interview said to her that obama is giving you a free cell phone ...so in her excitement she said we're getting a free cell phones ... so get that stupid nonsense of they are getting free cell phones ... that's just not happening ... and yourt stupidity of saying we are paying for them, its just you being stupid ... stop your lying

so who is paying for it then you idiot? are you saying it has no cost?

do some fucking research for once in your miserable life ... oh wait I'll do it for you loser...

Q: Has the Obama administration started a program to use "taxpayer money" to give free cell phones to welfare recipients?
A: No... Low-income households have been eligible for discounted telephone service for more than a decade. But the program is funded by telecom companies, not by taxes, and the president has nothing to do with it.
FULL QUESTION
Is this e-mail true?
I had a former employee call me earlier today inquiring about a job, and at the end of the conversation he gave me his phone number. I asked the former employee if this was a new cell phone number and he told me yes this was his "Obama phone."

FULL ANSWER
Welfare recipients, and others, can receive a free cell phone, but the program is not funded by the government or taxpayer money, as the e-mail alleges. And it’s hardly new.
How It Works
SafeLink Wireless, the program mentioned in the e-mail, does indeed offer a cell phone, about one hour’s worth of calling time per month, and other wireless services like voice mail to eligible low-income households. Applicants have to apply and prove that they are either receiving certain types of government benefits, such as Medicaid, or have household incomes at or below 135 percent of the poverty line. Using 2009 poverty guidelines, that’s $14,620 for an individual and a little under $30,000 for a family of four, with slightly higher amounts for Alaska and Hawaii.
SafeLink is run by a subsidiary of América Móvil, the world’s fourth largest wireless company in terms of subscribers, but it is not paid for directly by the company. Nor is it paid for with "tax payer money," as the e-mail claims. Rather, it is funded through the Universal Service Fund, which is administered by the Universal Service Administrative Company, an independent, not-for-profit corporation set up by the Federal Communications Commission. The USF is sustained by contributions from telecommunications companies such as "long distance companies, local telephone companies, wireless telephone companies, paging companies, and payphone providers." The companies often charge customers to fund their contributions in the form of a universal service fee you might see on your monthly phone bill. The fund is then parceled out to companies, such as América Móvil, that create programs, such as SafeLink, to provide telecommunications service to rural areas and low-income households.

And you wonder why we call you right wing nuts morons???

you might want to read your own link moron

and you will discover that the customer of the various companies pay for tab

for the free phones

The companies often charge customers to fund their contributions in the form of a universal service fee you might see on your monthly phone bill.

Forum List

Back