Obama Calls Republicans Out Of Touch...At A Solar Plant During A GASOLINE Crisis

The Title says it all. :cuckoo:

BOULDER CITY, Nev. — President Obama today powered-up his pitch for more investment in renewable energy technology during a stop at the nation’s largest solar plant, calling Republican opposition out of touch and out of date.“Now you’d think, given this extraordinary sight, given the fact that this is creating jobs, generating power, helping to keep our environment clean, making us more competitive globally. You’d think that everybody would be supportive of solar power,” Obama said before a backdrop of thousands of solar panels soaking up the desert sun.

“And yet, if some politicians have their way, there won’t be any more public investment in solar energy,” he said. “One member of Congress, who shall remain unnamed, called these jobs ‘phony.’ Called them ‘phony jobs.’ Think about that mindset, that attitude, that says because something is new it must not be real. You know if these guys were around when Columbus set sail, they’d be charter members of the flat earth society.”

Read more: Obama Calls Republicans Out Of Touch...At A Solar Plant During A GASOLINE Crisis - Barack Obama - Fox Nation

And the OBVIOUS rebuttal to that whole thing is one word: SOLYNDRA!

Who belongs to the Flat Earth Society, Obama when you can keep talking about "investments" while your slush fund at Solyndra slides off the side of your World?

:cuckoo:

what gasoline crisis?

Sorry bout that,

1. *Regulation*.
2. Not so much as the quality.
3. All thats bullshit.
4. But price in ratio to barrel costs.
5. Its reality that simple.
6. Oil refineries are ass rapping America.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

BOULDER CITY, Nev. — President Obama today powered-up his pitch for more investment in renewable energy technology during a stop at the nation’s largest solar plant, calling Republican opposition out of touch and out of date.“Now you’d think, given this extraordinary sight, given the fact that this is creating jobs, generating power, helping to keep our environment clean, making us more competitive globally. You’d think that everybody would be supportive of solar power,” Obama said before a backdrop of thousands of solar panels soaking up the desert sun.

“And yet, if some politicians have their way, there won’t be any more public investment in solar energy,” he said. “One member of Congress, who shall remain unnamed, called these jobs ‘phony.’ Called them ‘phony jobs.’ Think about that mindset, that attitude, that says because something is new it must not be real. You know if these guys were around when Columbus set sail, they’d be charter members of the flat earth society.”

Read more: Obama Calls Republicans Out Of Touch...At A Solar Plant During A GASOLINE Crisis - Barack Obama - Fox Nation

Who belongs to the Flat Earth Society, Obama when you can keep talking about "investments" while your slush fund at Solyndra slides off the side of your World?

No wait let me get this straight....
Obama was out and about speach a fying again....
What a shock! :eek:

Last edited:
Poor Barry...he's been pushing "green energy" as the solution to our energy needs while at the same time doing everything that he can to artificially inflate the price of fossil fuels to make alternative sources economically viable...but without a plan to get us from point A (where our economy is based on fossil fuels) to point B (where our economy is no longer dependent on oil). So the price of gas starts going up and all of a sudden the "smart guy from Harvard" realizes that the $6 a gallon gas that he and Steven Chu said would be good for us will in fact totally destroy our economy.

So now he's in "damage control" mode...doing everything he can to paint himself as caring about the price of gasoline because his poll numbers are taking a beating. I can't help but laugh at this Administration. Obama, Biden, Holder, Geithner, Chu, Summers, Romer, Napolitano and Sebelious? They are the "Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight"...everything they touch turns to shit because they are a collection of "intellectuals" that can' figure out how the real world works.

We'd still be banging rocks together in caves.

That is exactly where the enviro wackos want to put us in order to "save the environment".

What have you got against getting FREE LIMITLESS energy from the Sun and wind and geothermal?

Tell me...is it better to get our energy DIRECTLY from the source, or through derivatives of that energy? Because that's all fossil fuels are....ENERGY FROM sunlight. Just locked up and squeezed and heated for millions of years.

Now tell me again why it's better to use THOSE fuels instead of getting our energy DIRECTLY from its source?

Because your limited brain can't conceive of it or comprehend it?

What gasoline crisis?

Supply is at an all time high.

Tell that to the 99% who depend on lower gas prices to lower the cost of their 20+ mile one way commute.
Tell that to the 99% who do not want higher gas prices raising the cost of their food, medicine, clothing.

It is not the supply, nor the demand.......it's the impact. Lower gas prices help the economy; not "necissarily higher energy costs" or ephemeral concepts surrounding un- proven alternative energy.

The H*ll with alternative energy, how about a da*n budget?? You know one the senate won't vote 100% against.

This idiot still thinks the American People are dummies. Based on his sheep on this very board I can see why. :cuckoo:

We'd still be banging rocks together in caves.

That is exactly where the enviro wackos want to put us in order to "save the environment".

What have you got against getting FREE LIMITLESS energy from the Sun and wind and geothermal?

Tell me...is it better to get our energy DIRECTLY from the source, or through derivatives of that energy? Because that's all fossil fuels are....ENERGY FROM sunlight. Just locked up and squeezed and heated for millions of years.

Now tell me again why it's better to use THOSE fuels instead of getting our energy DIRECTLY from its source?

Because your limited brain can't conceive of it or comprehend it?

What you blinders wearing progressives can't seem to comprehend is that we don't have an energy policy designed to get us from dependence on fossil fuels TO your promised land of green energy. It's all well and good to say how wonderful things are going to be when we've shed our need for fossil fuels BUT YOU'VE GOT TO DEAL WITH THE PRESENT NEED FOR FOSSIL FUEL AND INSTEAD OF HAVING AN ENERGY POLICY THAT MAKES USE OF WHAT WE HAVE WHILE WE DEVELOP THOSE ALTERNATIVE ENERGIES, BARRY'S "POLICY" HAS BEEN TO MAKE GAS AND ELECTRICITY EXPENSIVE.

What does he expect? He's using the power of his office to force technology on an economy that isn't ready for it.

Have you ever stopped to ask why we aren't ready for it? Think the big oil companies and Detroit might have a vested interest in keeping us on oil? Ya' think?

Ever wonder why our mass transit and rail system sucks? Try taking NJTransit from NJ to Penn Station in Manhattan. I might as well ride my bicycle.

FOx Noise is going to distort this whole story because they are owned by the GOP, which is OWNED by the above-referenced industries.

Try ~17% efficiency for conversion of solar power.... and the fact that 1 square meter of direct perpendicular sunlight for 1 hour is needed to have the sun deliver 1 kwh (not taking into account the conversion rate)... and no amount of technology is going to change that maximum amount... it can never come anywhere close to the more concentrated energy in things such as coal, radioactive material, etc

It come down to you libtards and the enviro-nazis distorting the story... not "Fox"

Poor Barry...he's been pushing "green energy" as the solution to our energy needs while at the same time doing everything that he can to artificially inflate the price of fossil fuels to make alternative sources economically viable...but without a plan to get us from point A (where our economy is based on fossil fuels) to point B (where our economy is no longer dependent on oil). So the price of gas starts going up and all of a sudden the "smart guy from Harvard" realizes that the $6 a gallon gas that he and Steven Chu said would be good for us will in fact totally destroy our economy.

So now he's in "damage control" mode...doing everything he can to paint himself as caring about the price of gasoline because his poll numbers are taking a beating. I can't help but laugh at this Administration. Obama, Biden, Holder, Geithner, Chu, Summers, Romer, Napolitano and Sebelious? They are the "Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight"...everything they touch turns to shit because they are a collection of "intellectuals" that can' figure out how the real world works.

He's doing everything he can to artificially inflate the price of oil? And you have proof of this? I mean come on, if that were true then the rest of the world would be paying less right? How come Canada, without their taxes, are paying the same price we are? I mean they actually produce more than they consume, but are still paying the same price at the pump we are (they are actually paying a lot more, but that is because of their taxes. If not for those, they'd be paying the same price).

How is President Obama doing "everything in his power to keep prices high" when US oil production is at the highest level in 8 years? Can you explain how President Obama is "keeping prices high" by having more oil and natural gas drilling rigs than the rest of the world. The number of rigs have exploded in the past three years to 1,272.

How about you explain this?

drilling_gas_prices_chart1.jpg-300x294.png

So we give up on solar? and wind? and just go back to the path of an ever increasing dependence on an ever more scarce resource,

oil?

Where do the lower energy prices come from in that plan?

The oil companies don't want lower prices, you know. The oil companies want your dependence on oil/gas to allow them to sell it at the highest price they can squeeze out of you.

Wake up.

I live in SW Florida and as I was driving to work this morning the sun brightly and there was a moderately strong breeze blowing off the water. So I thought to myself why not try the solar and wind thing? I'm a staunch conservative, but I'm flexible I'm open to new ideas. I turned off my car's engine.

I got to work late.

He's doing everything he can to artificially inflate the price of oil? And you have proof of this? I mean come on, if that were true then the rest of the world would be paying less right? How come Canada, without their taxes, are paying the same price we are? I mean they actually produce more than they consume, but are still paying the same price at the pump we are (they are actually paying a lot more, but that is because of their taxes. If not for those, they'd be paying the same price).

How is President Obama doing "everything in his power to keep prices high" when US oil production is at the highest level in 8 years? Can you explain how President Obama is "keeping prices high" by having more oil and natural gas drilling rigs than the rest of the world. The number of rigs have exploded in the past three years to 1,272.

How about you explain this?

drilling_gas_prices_chart1.jpg-300x294.png

Only one problem with your little graph, Wytch...the facts don't back up your claim that Obama is the cause of more rigs. The production of oil on Federally controlled land has decreased by (I believe) 11% while the production of oil on land that this Administration can't control has increased substantially. So Barry has been doing everything that HE can to boost that price of oil to $6 bucks it's those darn people in the private sector who keep drilling wherever they can that have kept production from falling off.

Care to try again?

So we give up on solar? and wind? and just go back to the path of an ever increasing dependence on an ever more scarce resource,

oil?

Where do the lower energy prices come from in that plan?

The oil companies don't want lower prices, you know. The oil companies want your dependence on oil/gas to allow them to sell it at the highest price they can squeeze out of you.

Wake up.

I live in SW Florida and as I was driving to work this morning the sun brightly and there was a moderately strong breeze blowing off the water. So I thought to myself why not try the solar and wind thing? I'm a staunch conservative, but I'm flexible I'm open to new ideas. I turned off my car's engine.

I got to work late.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What does he expect? He's using the power of his office to force technology on an economy that isn't ready for it.

Have you ever stopped to ask why we aren't ready for it? Think the big oil companies and Detroit might have a vested interest in keeping us on oil? Ya' think?

Ever wonder why our mass transit and rail system sucks? Try taking NJTransit from NJ to Penn Station in Manhattan. I might as well ride my bicycle.

FOx Noise is going to distort this whole story because they are owned by the GOP, which is OWNED by the above-referenced industries.

Incredibly stupid argument! Oil companies are in the business of selling energy to generate a profit. If they felt that they could profit selling unicorn farts and pixie dust, they would be breeding unicorns and hiring pixies.
Detroit doesn't much care what the vehicles they produce run on as long as they can sell them. They can't sell $40,000 vehicles with a 40 mile cruising range with an $8,000 subsidy from government because nobody wants them.

Forum List

Back