Obama Bypasses Congress and Bans the Confederate Battle Flag

There is nothing in the Constitution which provides for states being able to secede.
Correct there are no provisions in the Constitution about secession. Why does there need to be? Typical LWLs think the Constitution gives us rights, but the knowledgeable view is that it's designed is to limit government. Again; the 9th and 10th Amendment.

What do those Amendments mean to you? Nothing?

The Civil War also resolved the question of slavery in the United States......
Not just slavery, but, mainly, the question of secession. Why are you ignoring Lincoln's letter about why he attacked the South? Do I need to repost it here or do you recall it?

The Supreme Court was aware of the amendments and the Declaration of Independence when he Texas v. White decision was rendered,. None of those documents swayed them to opine differently or to deviate from the course they took . Are you second guessing them?
Interesting. Were they also aware of it when they made the Dred Scott decision? It's your choice to have complete faith that every SCOTUS decision is correct, but, while it is the highest law in the land, it's not perfect. You should know better.

Not every Supreme Court decision is 'correct' as in I agree with it- or that it passes the test of time- Dred Scott is a prime example of that.

But the decisions of the Supreme Court are legally binding of course- which is why we needed a Constitutional Amendment to reverse Dred Scott.

I think that DW has demonstrated beyond doubt that any issue of law resolved by the civil war should be reversed because the Civil War was an illegal act of aggression by the federal government. Back in the 1950's, when I was growing up in Georgia, this was the rallying cry of the South. However, it was in the form of a joke, as in, "Save your confederate money boys!" The south shall rise again!", and calling the Civil War the, "War of Northern Aggression". I never would have believed that in the year 2016, anyone would actually take the jokes seriously. A lot of folks in the South were uneducated, but not many of us where that delusional.

Are you referring to just slavery?
Not even. I'm referring to self-determination and the idea of keeping Federal government both weak and limited. Obviously times have changed, but there's still a valid reason to keep the Federal government in check and allow the states the near-autonomy they had prior to the Civil War.
Yeah, that lasted about as long as it took the ink to dry on the Constitution. From day one, it was inevitable that the power of the federal government would grow and grow and grow.

Hell just look at the differences between the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution.

Why would we want States to have near autonomy like they had before the Civil War?

Do we really want States to be able to ignore the Bill of Rights?

So California could choose to ban all private ownership of guns? So Texas could prevent African Americans from voting?
I think the answer to your questions is obviously, no. The name of this country is the United States of America, not the Confederation of American States which is what so many conservatives want. Giving the citizens of this country what they want requires a strong federal government. Maybe that was not the case in 1776, but it certainly is today.

I think that DW has demonstrated beyond doubt that any issue of law resolved by the civil war should be reversed because the Civil War was an illegal act of aggression by the federal government. Back in the 1950's, when I was growing up in Georgia, this was the rallying cry of the South. However, it was in the form of a joke, as in, "Save your confederate money boys!" The south shall rise again!", and calling the Civil War the, "War of Northern Aggression". I never would have believed that in the year 2016, anyone would actually take the jokes seriously. A lot of folks in the South were uneducated, but not many of us where that delusional.
Wrong again, but your lies just confirm my mistrust of fucking LWLs. Every time you tell a lie, it adds weight to the argument neither the Democrats nor the Republicans are serving the needs of Americans.

The Supreme Court was aware of the amendments and the Declaration of Independence when he Texas v. White decision was rendered,. None of those documents swayed them to opine differently or to deviate from the course they took . Are you second guessing them?
Interesting. Were they also aware of it when they made the Dred Scott decision? It's your choice to have complete faith that every SCOTUS decision is correct, but, while it is the highest law in the land, it's not perfect. You should know better.
Your attempt to dodge the Texas v. White decision by introducing Dred Scott into the discussion won't help your case. In 1857, when the land mark Dred Scot v. Sanford decision was made, the Supreme Court was top heavy with southern justices., five of them to be exact. And, to make m,atters worse one of the northern justices favored slavery.As you are fond of saying, an "educated person" could predict the verdict of such a court. The Supreme Court of 1857 ( Dred Scot) looked nothing , politically , like the Supreme Court of 1869 ( Texas v. White).

Your attempt to dodge the Texas v. White decision by introducing Dred Scott into the discussion won't help your case. ...
Dude, you're the one derailing the point with an 1869 decision about a war that ended in 1865.

It's your choice to try to use 20/20 hindsight to make your point, but my point was what was happening at the time, not what happened afterward.

Your attempt to dodge the Texas v. White decision by introducing Dred Scott into the discussion won't help your case. ...
Dude, you're the one derailing the point with an 1869 decision about a war that ended in 1865.

It's your choice to try to use 20/20 hindsight to make your point, but my point was what was happening at the time, not what happened afterward.
What is your point? You said the something on the order that the states had the Constitutional right to secede. The US Supreme Court said they didn't. You were wrong. BTW Court decisions ALWAYS come after the fact.

Actually it frequently keeps me up at night devising strategies to take advantage of ever mistake they make. Race may be a social construct for the most part but that doesnt keep your racist buddies from trying to stop me because i am Black.
I believe you do. Hate is a very powerful motivator. OTOH, it's a destructive, not a constructive, motivator. In the end, you'll end up doing more harm to your cause than good.
Actually since its been nothing but positive either you dont know what you are talking about or its not hate.

What is your point? You said the something on the order that the states had the Constitutional right to secede. The US Supreme Court said they didn't. You were wrong. BTW Court decisions ALWAYS come after the fact.
When people say that the losers had a right to secede they can never point to where it was written they had the power to become a sovereign nation apart from the US.

Last edited:

I've been trying to figure out what his point is for days. Every time I try to boil it down, he calls me a liar. As of right now, my best guess is that he believe that states should have the right to leave the union, but he does not advocate that they do so. Also, he seems to think that Supreme Court decisions since the Civil War have been warped beyond the intent of the founding fathers; to which I reply, "So what?". I guess that the only way we have to figure out what the hell he is trying to say is to paraphrase his convoluted logic until he stops calling us liars.

As for the founding fathers, I find it very difficult to admire Jefferson, who knowingly condemned his own illegitimate children to a lifetime of slavery.

Last edited:
Do you people insist on missing the point, or are you just stupid?

The president has no authority to ban it, I think is the topic. And if that's the case, why do people insist on obeying his orders? The Marxist should just be ignored.

Of course he does....on federal property

That is what he did
Is that so? Federal property belongs to the Marxist now?

Federal property belongs to the people...not Obungles and his posse of loon followers
That precisely is the point. Federal property is NOT confederate property. A defeated hostile faction has no right to have federal tax dollars paying for their memorials and grave sites., let alone having rebel flags flying sometimes higher than the Union flag.

Then in that case I don't want to see the LGBT flag of perversion and intolerance anywhere on federal property nor any signs of it. Two can play this game

Seriously, are you that dumb? Nobody is fighting to have the LGBT flag flown over government buildings.....geez, no wonder you are a Trump supporter....you fit right in with the rest of the ignoramuses.

Of course he does....on federal property

That is what he did
Is that so? Federal property belongs to the Marxist now?

Federal property belongs to the people...not Obungles and his posse of loon followers
That precisely is the point. Federal property is NOT confederate property. A defeated hostile faction has no right to have federal tax dollars paying for their memorials and grave sites., let alone having rebel flags flying sometimes higher than the Union flag.

Then in that case I don't want to see the LGBT flag of perversion and intolerance anywhere on federal property nor any signs of it. Two can play this game

Seriously, are you that dumb? Nobody is fighting to have the LGBT flag flown over government buildings.....geez, no wonder you are a Trump supporter....you fit right in with the rest of the ignoramuses.
I think Pinky is hanging out with Tipsycat and getting high off crack to be honest. Some of the things they both say lead you to wonder if they are sane.

Obama Bypasses Congress and Bans the Confederate Battle Flag - Minutemen News

Once again this president does something he has no power to do. If Paul Ryan wasn't such a coward he could do something about this. The pres should have been impeached a long time ago.

Barack Obama does hate America, Barack Obama an evil man, He is destroying America, Is aiding and abetting a Muslim caliphate and as such Is a Traitor, he is a Communist, and should be considered a terrorist by every traditional American of sound mind.

For instance, throughout his presidency he has rightfully earned the tittle
of - America's Best Gun Salesman -. It is this accomplishment that
history will most fondly remember him.

Moore- still a loon.

Not sure why you oppose the banning of the flag of the Democratic Party.
Not sure why you oppose free speech!

Not sure why you think I do.

What free speech do you imagine I oppose?
If you approve banning that flag then you oppose free speech! Now! Do you?

You're such an idiot. Obama hasn't signed any bill to ban the Confederate flag. Why are conservatives so ignorant they believe everything their dumb peers tell them and they go ballistic spreading the lie.
For your information, the House voted on a bill to keep it from being flown in military cemeteries, and government buildings. If it passes it will be a good thing. Why would anyone want to fly the flag of losers?

FALSE: Obama Bans Confederate Flag Through Executive Order

Local governments voted to remove rebel banners from Southern cities, including Charleston, and people pushed to remove war memorials in towns from Louisville to New Orleans. Now, if California Congressman Jared Huffman’s bill becomes law, the Confederate battle flag could soon be largely barred from some military cemeteries, too.

The House passed the amendment Thursday with the support of GOP House leadership, including Speaker Paul Ryan, although roughly 160 Republicans and one Democrat voted against the amendment.
Why It's So Hard to Get Rid of the Confederate Flag

Obama Bypasses Congress and Bans the Confederate Battle Flag - Minutemen News

Once again this president does something he has no power to do. If Paul Ryan wasn't such a coward he could do something about this. The pres should have been impeached a long time ago.

Barack Obama does hate America, Barack Obama an evil man, He is destroying America, Is aiding and abetting a Muslim caliphate and as such Is a Traitor, he is a Communist, and should be considered a terrorist by every traditional American of sound mind.

For instance, throughout his presidency he has rightfully earned the tittle
of - America's Best Gun Salesman -. It is this accomplishment that
history will most fondly remember him.

You are so ignorant. You should research your crap before posting it. You should be ashamed....for being so quick to judge and for being so ignorant that you believe whatever your dumb peers tell you and then go and repeat it.

Learn something.

FALSE: Obama Bans Confederate Flag Through Executive Order

There is nothing in the Constitution which provides for states being able to secede.
Correct there are no provisions in the Constitution about secession. Why does there need to be? Typical LWLs think the Constitution gives us rights, but the knowledgeable view is that it's designed is to limit government. Again; the 9th and 10th Amendment.

What do those Amendments mean to you? Nothing?

Typical right winger- always for limiting government- except for State government.

What do those amendments mean to me? They mean that they are part of the Constitution- and neither one provides for secession- a withdrawal from the perpetual union that the States joined in the Articles of Confederacy.

The Civil War also resolved the question of slavery in the United States......
Not just slavery, but, mainly, the question of secession. Why are you ignoring Lincoln's letter about why he attacked the South? Do I need to repost it here or do you recall it?

I didn't say 'just slavery'- you were the one who claimed that the only thing the Civil War resolved was the issue of secession.

I pointed out correctly- that the Civil War also resolved the very serious question of slavery.

Why are you ignoring South Carolina's Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union?

[
As for the founding fathers, I find it very difficult to admire Jefferson, who knowingly condemned his own illegitimate children to a lifetime of slavery.

I can admire Jefferson's contributions to the United States, while still deplore his slave ownership.

Typical right winger- always for limiting government- except for State government....
Translation: Typical old-school Liberal just like Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin and George Mason. You should become a modern liberal and worship "the State". Love Big Brother!

Forum List

Back