Obama ‘Beyond the Breaking Point’ with Executive Action

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
This is really the only thing that stuck out with me in Obama's boring speech more executive orders...

Obama said if Congress “won’t act soon to protect future generations, I will. I will direct my Cabinet to come up with executive actions we can take, now and in the future, to reduce pollution, prepare our communities for the consequences of climate change, and speed the transition to more sustainable sources of energy.”

Sessions is right..

aaa4_266.jpg

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) says President Barack Obama’s plan to take executive action on climate change worries him.

“This president has already, in my opinion, pushed the envelope beyond the breaking point on executive orders, unilateral actions, actions that Congress has specifically, openly rejected,” Sessions told CNSNews.com shortly after Obama delivered the State of the Union address.

“He then puts his bureaucrats to work to figure out every way possible through their regulations, through their enforcement policies, to place the country under the direction he wants it to go under his rule. That’s not consistent with American history and democracy. I think it’s dangerous and we need to work at it.”

Sessions: Obama ?Beyond the Breaking Point? with Executive Action | CNS News

This is really the only thing that stuck out with me in Obama's boring speech more executive orders...

Obama said if Congress “won’t act soon to protect future generations, I will. I will direct my Cabinet to come up with executive actions we can take, now and in the future, to reduce pollution, prepare our communities for the consequences of climate change, and speed the transition to more sustainable sources of energy

Sessions is right..

aaa4_266.jpg

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) says President Barack Obama’s plan to take executive action on climate change worries him.

“This president has already, in my opinion, pushed the envelope beyond the breaking point on executive orders, unilateral actions, actions that Congress has specifically, openly rejected,” Sessions told CNSNews.com shortly after Obama delivered the State of the Union address.

“He then puts his bureaucrats to work to figure out every way possible through their regulations, through their enforcement policies, to place the country under the direction he wants it to go under his rule. That’s not consistent with American history and democracy. I think it’s dangerous and we need to work at it.”

How many times has he said this before? Repeatedly! This is how he plans to be president. By executive order - or using a 4th branch of government which I read about in a book called, Pruning the 4th Branch by Al Lee. Probably the best book I have ever read on the subject. He is using the 4th Branch or else he's using EO. It is one or the other.

That's funny. When Gov. Mary Fallin (R-OK) issued an executive order which specifically circumvented the will of the legislature and imposed a strict, no-smoking policy on all state college campuses, I didn't hear any Republican's going on about her overstepping her authority or going beyond the limits. When George Bush issued any of his 291 EO's, as opposed to Barack Obama's 144 so far, nobody yelled about that either. Nor, were there questions from the right about Ronald Reagan's authority when he issued the all time record of 381 EO's.

Sessions is just engaging in the usual Republican deceitfulness when it comes to anything Obama does, or doesn't do.

That's funny. When Gov. Mary Fallin (R-OK) issued an executive order which specifically circumvented the will of the legislature and imposed a strict, no-smoking policy on all state college campuses, I didn't hear any Republican's going on about her overstepping her authority or going beyond the limits. When George Bush issued any of his 291 EO's, as opposed to Barack Obama's 144 so far, nobody yelled about that either. Nor, were there questions from the right about Ronald Reagan's authority when he issued the all time record of 381 EO's.

Sessions is just engaging in the usual Republican deceitfulness when it comes to anything Obama does, or doesn't do.

You gotta wonder why the very same folks didn't have a problem with a Republican in the White House issuing MORE executive orders, and ones that had more dire consequences then the current Occupant.

I have a problem with any extra constitutional moves by the president no matter who he is ....Maybe if you'd list some of Bush's we can discuss them?

Perhaps your memory is a bit foggy...

Obama said if Congress “won’t act soon to protect future generations, I will. I will direct my Cabinet to come up with executive actions we can take, now and in the future, to reduce pollution, prepare our communities for the consequences of climate change, and speed the transition to more sustainable sources of energy.”

Sessions is right..

aaa4_266.jpg

What a rube!

Find me one President in the last 100 years who wrote less EOs than Obama has. And I include Ford and JFK who served less than one full term. And Carter, Bush Sr., and Taft who all served only one term.

Go ahead. Find me one who wrote less EOs than Obama has.

Then explain how Obama has "pushed the envelope beyond the breaking point on executive orders".

Before you rush into some rant about "unconstitutional" or "dictator Obama" or somesuch bullshit, be prepared to provide specific evidence of Executive power that only Obama has exercised.

Ready? Go!

Perhaps your memory is a bit foggy...

I extend the same challenge to you.

I think a lot of rubes' memories around here are full of fake memories. Bullshit shoveled into their mouths which they ate unquestioningly. Never fact checked for themselves.

I have a problem with any extra constitutional moves by the president no matter who he is ....Maybe if you'd list some of Bush's we can discuss them?

Maybe you should start by listing Obama's.

... actions that Congress has specifically, openly rejected

Were these actions rejected by Congress or were rejections by the minority party using parliamentary maneuvering, the filibuster ... as the filibuster by Republicans has - "pushed the envelope beyond the breaking point" - and it is the Republican obstructionists that deserves to be bypassed.

Obama said if Congress “won’t act soon to protect future generations, I will. I will direct my Cabinet to come up with executive actions we can take, now and in the future, to reduce pollution, prepare our communities for the consequences of climate change, and speed the transition to more sustainable sources of energy

Sessions is right..

aaa4_266.jpg

What a rube!

Find me one President in the last 100 years who wrote less EOs than Obama has. And I include Ford and JFK who served less than one full term. And Carter, Bush Sr., and Taft who all served only one term.

Then explain how Obama has "pushed the envelope beyond the breaking point on executive orders".

Before you rush into some rant about "unconstitutional" or "dictator Obama" or somesuch bullshit, be prepared to provide specific evidence of Executive power that only Obama has exercised.

Ready? Go!

Really? Were they such things as Obama unconstitutionally declaring congress in Recess? Or unconstitutionally ignoring federal immigration law? There are lots of meaningless executive orders, it’s the substance of them that counts.....Pure numbers include meaningless ceremonial executive orders. Obama’s a power grabber, unchallenged from the mainstream media unlike others

Sessions is right..

aaa4_266.jpg

What a rube!

Ready? Go!

Dontcha know? Barack Hussein Obama's election changed everything!

Must be that middle name of his....

Sessions is right..

aaa4_266.jpg

What a rube!

Ready? Go!

Really? Were they such things as Obama unconstitutionally declaring congress in Recess? Or unconstitutionally ignoring federal immigration law? There are lots of meaningless executive orders, it’s the substance of them that counts.....Pure numbers include meaningless ceremonial executive orders. Obama’s a power grabber, unchallenged from the mainstream media unlike others

Woo! You have had ALLLLL day, and you can't find a President who wrote less EOs than Obama!

OH! I was SO hoping you would bring up the amnesty thing. Thank you very much for doing so.

The amnesty for illegals who were brought here as minors was not an EO, dipshit. Try again. You rubes keep repeating that lie over and over.

And the "amnesty" was not unconstitutional. Did you know Bush Sr. granted an identical amnesty to Chinese immigrants? Of course you didn't. That's how lies of omission work.

USCIS - Deferred Enforced Departure

Deferred Enforced Departure (DED) is in the President’s discretion to authorize as part of his power to conduct foreign relations. Although DED is not a specific immigration status, individuals covered by DED are not subject to removal from the United States, usually for a designated period of time.

As for the recess appointments, there was never any ruling on what constituted a recess. Now there is, and Obama came down on the wrong side.

How many times was Bush overturned in court? You want to label all those times as him acting unconstitutionally?

You really need to think about the benchmarks you are setting. When we measure Obama by your own criteria, he does not even approach other Presidents for "unconstitutional" actions that have been overturned in federal court, or the number of EOs he has written.

So keep working on finding that "breaking point" he is at which no other President has reached.

Last edited:
And it won't add a single dime to our budget....:rofl: ( never has, huh? )

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vowHQwFUHAY]"58 Trillion Dimes" - YouTube[/ame]

And it won't add a single dime to our budget....:rofl: ( never has, huh? )

He said deficit, not budget.

Has nothing to do with Obama being "beyond the breaking point" with EOs.

But that is certainly one of the biggest lies ever told.

What a rube!

Ready? Go!

Woo! You have had ALLLLL day, and you can't find a President who wrote less EOs than Obama!

OH! I was SO hoping you would bring up the amnesty thing. Thank you very much for doing so.

The amnesty for illegals who were brought here as minors was not an EO, dipshit. Try again. You rubes keep repeating that lie over and over.

And the "amnesty" was not unconstitutional. Did you know Bush Sr. granted an identical amnesty to Chinese immigrants? Of course you didn't. That's how lies of omission work.

USCIS - Deferred Enforced Departure

Deferred Enforced Departure (DED) is in the President’s discretion to authorize as part of his power to conduct foreign relations. Although DED is not a specific immigration status, individuals covered by DED are not subject to removal from the United States, usually for a designated period of time.

As for the recess appointments, there was never any ruling on what constituted a recess. Now there is, and Obama came down on the wrong side.

How many times was Bush overturned in court? You want to label all those times as him acting unconstitutionally?

You really need to think about the benchmarks you are setting. When we measure Obama by your own criteria, he does not even approach other Presidents for "unconstitutional" actions that have been overturned in federal court, or the number of EOs he has written.

So keep working on finding that "breaking point" he is at which no other President has reached.

Sorry, I don't have time to stay on this board day and night like some of you people, some of us haft to work..

Obama Administration’s Recess Appointments to the NLRB Declared Unconstitutional: All NLRB Decisions Since January 2012 Overturned

In Noel Canning v. NLRB, the D.C. Circuit Court recently ruled that President Obama lacked the authority to make three recess appointments to the five-member National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), rendering the recess appointments unconstitutional. The ruling was based on the court’s finding that the appointments were procedurally flawed because the President bypassed the Senate’s “advise and consent” duty by making the appointments while the Senate was still in session. As a result of the Noel Canning decision, the NLRB now only has one duly-appointed board member and cannot take formal action because it lacks the three members required for a quorum. Additionally, the D.C. Circuit’s ruling effectively nullifies every case that has been decided by the NLRB since January 2012, including the following notable and controversial decisions:

Obama Administration?s Recess Appointments to the NLRB Declared Unconstitutional: All NLRB Decisions Since January 2012 Overturned | Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP - JDSupra

Forum List

Back