Obama Banned From Entering Russia. Hahaha

I find it amusing that Obama, Stephen Colbert, and another 488 Americans have been banned from entering Russia. Good for Putin! Now, if we could just ban the same group from entering America, we'd all be better off.

"In response to a new round of U.S. sanctions, Russia announced Friday that it was banning 500 Americans from entering the country, including former President Barack Obama and comedian Stephen Colbert.

The list released by the Russian Foreign Ministry did not specify complaints against each individual.

However, the ministry said the offenses included people who spread Russophobia, supplied Ukraine with arms and were “directly involved in the persecution of dissidents in the wake of the so-called ‘storm of the Capitol.'”

That is hilarious. They persecuted dissidents who stormed the Capital. Awesome.

Let’s see how Putin deals with Dissidents. Not even storming the Capital. Just disagree with the direction of their Country.

See the Tolerance? See how rights are respected?

Frankly. Anyone on Russia’s shit list is pretty much a good guy in my opinion. Totalitarians will disagree. I’m sure.

No, we just bomb the shit of everyone and allow the country to descend into anarchy. THEN we make all kinds of promises we never keep. THEN we leave those people we made those promises to die at the hands of those we attacked. we've done this since Vietnam.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

That is hilarious. They persecuted dissidents who stormed the Capital. Awesome.

Let’s see how Putin deals with Dissidents. Not even storming the Capital. Just disagree with the direction of their Country.

See the Tolerance? See how rights are respected?

Frankly. Anyone on Russia’s shit list is pretty much a good guy in my opinion. Totalitarians will disagree. I’m sure.

Ooooh. That was horrifying. But nothing like an unarmed woman getting shot in the neck by a D.C. Cop.

No, we just bomb the shit of everyone and allow the country to descend into anarchy. THEN we make all kinds of promises we never keep. THEN we leave those people we made those promises to die at the hands of those we attacked. we've done this since Vietnam.
Their future is in their own hands.

You can't say that about the territory that Russia has and wants to annex.

An excellent deterrent, it turned out.
As long as you don't deny that murdering her was a tad bit worse than a Russian woman getting hauled off to jail. The same lefty who posted the above video cries bloody murder when a drugged up black criminal is killed during an armed confrontation.

Ooooh. That was horrifying. But nothing like an unarmed woman getting shot in the neck by a D.C. Cop.
Did she mysteriously fall out of a window? Or was she poisoned? Or was she shot by a single cop who was standing like Horacio on the Bridge between the Congress and the Insurgents?

As long as you don't deny that murdering her was a tad bit worse than a Russian woman getting hauled off to jail. The same lefty who posted the above video cries bloody murder when a drugged up black criminal is killed during an armed confrontation.

Interesting. I wonder if you have links to my statements like that.

No, I haven't....may be one day I might. :)

I've been to Russia, the visa is the most annoying thing, a nice country to visit, but the reality is for Obama, he wasn't going to go to Russia anyway. It's a thing these countries do, that is for show. Doesn't actually mean anything.

It wouldn't matter, though, what system of government they attempt to create for the 21st Century because the same corrupt, power-hungry, control freaks would be in charge, so the result would be the same. More for them and less for the common man.
Okay, to review, PR means you can't buy success so easily.
Everything has to be done on a national level, so throwing a small amount of money at certain seats, doesn't exist with PR, you have to be able to appeal to people at that national level.

What does this mean for politicians? Well, individuals can't get rich for standing in a certain seat. They have to stand for a political party and do well within that party. That party then has to do well, and the money goes to the party, rather than the individual. Meaning it's less profitable for politicians.
This means those who are most likely to go into politics for the money, and spout crap, will struggle. Unless they make their own party and spout the crap, but people will be less willing to vote for it because they have more choice.

More choice means politicians have to care more what the voters thing. It's not like you have a Rep v. Dem and it depends on what sort of Rep and what sort of Dem you have and then they fight it out on a local level.

Also, take the Reps, a person who is very strong right wing will always vote Rep, because otherwise the Dems will win. Negative voting.

With PR they might vote Rep or they might vote for a party that's similar but stands on different policies.

In Germany the AfD took loads of CDU/CSU (equivalent of the Reps) votes, so the CDU/CSU needs to take a good long look at itself and change its views to be more in tune with the people.
In the US they just advertise with loads of money and expect people to vote for whatever crap they hand out.

Politicians change with PR. They have to be in tune with the votes.

The AfD in Germany appeared in 2013, had gained 12.6% of the votes by 2017. That's a HUGE RISE, the CDU/CSU were absolutely shitting themselves.
In the UK UKIP appeared in the early 1990s, by 2015 they'd gained 12.6% of the vote. But instead of 90 seats like the AfD, they had one. The Tories didn't really need to care much. They simply had a Brexit vote (which many of them wanted anyway) and carried on destroying the UK.

Forum List

Back