Obama Approval "Only" 52% This Morning

The GOP does own it. We have a split government. Dems have the WH and Senate. GOP has the House. But, the majority, at least 50.1%, voted for Dems. Our democracy (or representative republic as Im sure some rattlesnake flag idiots will say) voted for Democrat policies. Its what our population decided they want. And that cant fully happen because of the split government, and the GOP is to blame for standing in the way of the majority of taxpayer's wishes.

The RCP average shows Obama at 50.4% not 51% and you might note that out of the seven polls Real Clear used to come up with it's average five of them have not been updated since February before the sequester went into effect. By the way weren't there some threads on here just a week or two ago bragging about Obama having a approval rating of 55%?

Liar his approval rate has droped to 46 precent.. as of today
2. OBAMA'S APPROVAL RATING SINKS
President Obama's jobs approval rating tumbled to its lowest level in Gallup's three-day average since his November re-election. In the three-day period ending March 2, Obama had the approval of 46 percent of those polled. That was down from 53 percent a week earlier. The decline came as Obama and Congress failed to strike a last-minute deal to replace the $85 billion in across-the-board spending cuts known as the sequester, and the reductions began kicking in as scheduled. Obama's disapproval rating also changed dramatically, rising to 46 percent from 40 percent a week earlier. [Politico]
10 things you need to know today: March 5, 2013 - The Week

Hordes of homeless children take to the streets

Airports grind to a standstill

Sequester

Sequester

President Obama's jobs approval rating tumbled to its lowest level in Gallup's three-day average since his November re-election. In the three-day period ending March 2, Obama had the approval of 46 percent of those polled. That was down from 53 percent a week earlier. The decline came as Obama and Congress failed to strike a last-minute deal to replace the $85 billion in across-the-board spending cuts known as the sequester, and the reductions began kicking in as scheduled. Obama's disapproval rating also changed dramatically, rising to 46 percent from 40 percent a week earlier. [Politico]

The OP provided a link to RCP, which is an average of multiple polls while you provided a link to a single poll (a poll, I might add, that predicted Romney would win). You should apologize.

This is Glorious news Komrades! Complete Government control of all aspects of American Economy and Society is within reach!

Dear Leader Obama is the perfect person to usher in the first Communist Age in American History!

:clap2:

The OP provided a link to RCP, which is an average of multiple polls while you provided a link to a single poll (a poll, I might add, that predicted Romney would win). You should apologize.
Yes it is and as I pointed out after clicking on the RCP link only two of the seven polls they used for that average has been updated since the sequester went into effect Gallup which has Obama with a 49% approval and Rasmussen with 51% approval. Wouldn't it be somewhat hard to get a accurate reading on Obama's approval rating given that?

Yes it is and as I pointed out after clicking on the RCP link only two of the seven polls they used for that average has been updated since the sequester went into effect Gallup which has Obama with a 49% approval and Rasmussen with 51% approval. Wouldn't it be somewhat hard to get a accurate reading on Obama's approval rating given that?

What does that have to do with what I said? The OP isn't "lying" as claimed in the post I responded to.

What does that have to do with what I said? The OP isn't "lying" as claimed in the post I responded to.

I'm simply pointing out the facts the OP left out claiming that the Republicans will be blamed for the sequester because Obama has a 51% approval according to RCP is questionable at best and false at worst. When the other polls are updated now that the sequester has gone into effect and they still average out to Obama have a 50% approval rating the point might be valid right now it's not and as I have also pointed out only a week or so ago again before the sequester went into effect the left were hyping Obama having a 55% approval rating. So with Obama having a 55% approval before the sequester and now a 50% approval with the limited updated RCP polls does that really support the OP contention that Republicans will be blamed for the sequester?

Last edited:
Will America ever live down the shame of cutting our brave warrior generals' off from their $50 rolls of toilet paper, or $1 Chivas Regal at the 'O' club?

Georgia paper mills vow to restore dignity to our military toilets!

I'm simply pointing out the facts the OP left out claiming that the Republicans will be blamed for the sequester because Obama has a 51% approval according to RCP is questionable at best and false at worst. When the other polls are updated now that the sequester has gone into effect and they still average out to Obama have a 50% approval rating the point might be valid right now it's not and as I have also pointed out only a week or so ago again before the sequester went into effect the left were hyping Obama having a 55% approval rating. So with Obama having a 55% approval before the sequester and now a 50% approval with the limited updated RCP polls does that really support the OP contention that Republicans will be blamed for the sequester?

Sure it does...when you compare it to Republican approval...which is hovering somewhere between cockroaches and syphilis.

Forum List

Back