Obama Announces He’ll Be MUCH More Vocal After He Leaves Office

I really hope he is more vocal. That's not to say that I think all the decisions he's made were good ones. He bailed out the banks just like Bush Jr., for one.
Actually he just went along with one of the few good things Jr. implemented. Time seems to cloud peoples memories.

You think bailing out the banks was a -good- thing -.-? He should have bailed out the -people-, not the banks. He also should have imprisoned the bankers that caused the crash. Iceland did it the right way and they're doing better now...
This Is Where Bad Bankers Go to Prison

Not a good thing but a needed thing. I agree some of that money should have went to the public.

Some of it? -All- of it. They're the ones who were losing their homes, not the bankers. The bankers responsible should have been put in jail and any banks that couldn't pay their debts nationalized or sold off. Instead, we had bankers getting off with millions of dollars in bonuses and golden parachutes while the working class got foreclosures.

I also agree the people responsible should have seen jail time but i wager with that type of money floating around we would still be attempting to get a trial or some low level sacrificial lamb would have been offered up.

Iceland did it properly. They got rid of the top culprits from what I can see, and their prime minister resigned (like Canada, they have prime ministers, not presidents). Was watching the Meltdown series from Al Jazeera detailing what led up to the 2008 financial collapse. Finished the first part, started the second.

Meltdown: The men who crashed the world

Last edited:

I really hope he is more vocal. That's not to say that I think all the decisions he's made were good ones. He bailed out the banks just like Bush Jr., for one.
Actually he just went along with one of the few good things Jr. implemented. Time seems to cloud peoples memories.

You think bailing out the banks was a -good- thing -.-? He should have bailed out the -people-, not the banks. He also should have imprisoned the bankers that caused the crash. Iceland did it the right way and they're doing better now...

Not a good thing but a needed thing. I agree some of that money should have went to the public.

Some of it? -All- of it. They're the ones who were losing their homes, not the bankers. The bankers responsible should have been put in jail and any banks that couldn't pay their debts nationalized or sold off. Instead, we had bankers getting off with millions of dollars in bonuses and golden parachutes while the working class got foreclosures.

I also agree the people responsible should have seen jail time but i wager with that type of money floating around we would still be attempting to get a trial or some low level sacrificial lamb would have been offered up.

Iceland did it properly. They got rid of the top culprits from what I can see, and their prime minister resigned (like Canada, they have prime ministers, not presidents). Was watching the Meltdown series from Al Jazeera detailing what led up to the 2008 financial collapse. Finished the first part, started the second.

I'd just like to say that I think I get too emotional on this subject. Very few subjects get me this riled up -.-

I'd just like to say that I think I get too emotional on this subject. Very few subjects get me this riled up -.-
No worries.

He's an attention whore, of course he won't stfu. People have been kissing his dumb ass ever since he got into politics, but what he doesn't understand is what he says is soon to be inconsequential.

He's an attention whore, of course he won't stfu. People have been kissing his dumb ass ever since he got into politics, but what he doesn't understand is what he says is soon to be inconsequential.
We can tell by how worried you and the OP are about him being more vocal.

We can tell by how worried you and the OP are about him being more vocal.

He's more powerful now than he'll ever be. I'm just glad he's leaving office tbh.

^^^ Which is probably why he intends to be more vocal. Once he isn't our leader anymore, he'll have no other choice if he wants anyone to listen to him ever again. I guess that makes it no different with any of our other former leaders, the ones who are still here that is.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back