Obama announces debt deal--GOP/Tea Party members WIN big!

The reason this thing should not have gone this far is that the Chinese are watching, Putin is watching, the Iranians are watching, Dear Leader Kim is watching this farce. The guy responsible for our national security was made to fold like a cheap umbrella despite having all the cards.

This is very bad news

Didn't see your post, oh sane one;)

what a bunch of fucking pussies.
How can Obama be a tyrant when he fucking caves to these morons everytime?

Why not?

Like most things, he is just not good at it
:eusa_whistle:

neotrotsky-albums-just-because-picture3743-obama-limp-wrist.jpg

Last edited:

despite the medias best efforts to spin it, he has his own internal polling, he wants to be re-elected and hes never had a real conviction hes willing to go to the wall for in his whole life, hes a 'mediator' not a leader.

Further, I do not believe that THIS or any Congress can validly pass DEAD HAND legislation that would bind future Congresses.

That is exactly right. I'm pretty sure this congress can't even hold itself to the proposed trigger cuts if they don't pass the 1.8T in committee recommendations by the end of the year. They can just pass another law saying "nevermind, we didn't mean it".

The deal MIGHT still include a "vote" on the BBA to be sent to the States. But, I understand that there's no requirement that it "pass" both Houses as a condition of the deal.

It sounds now like it's an immediate 1 Trillion dollars spread over 10 years and some gobble-dee-crap about another 2.8 trillion or so (to make the cuts match the debt limit increase) with the details to be worked out by the super committee ....

A lot of bullshit games playing and horse trading. And a debt limit INCREASE offset by spending cuts is still a debt limit increase.

Further, I do not believe that THIS or any Congress can validly pass DEAD HAND legislation that would bind future Congresses. So this deal -- imho, initially -- is largely bullshit.

Why not?

Like most things, he is just not good at it
:eusa_whistle:

tyrants never cave. Tyrants just take, take take.
Let me know when that actually happens.

There is a reason why the rest of the world wants this debt deal passed. If we default they are fucked as well. World economy stupid, world economy.

Indeed

When the Left had full control, we all say how he acted like a tyrant

Which is why the American people kicked the Left out of the House

Wow. They get 23 beers out of the case and decide to scream until they get the 24th - or the case disappears.

Unreal.

LOL

I like beer too.

One tea party member of congress described this as very close to the cut--cap--and balance bill that passed the house 1-1/2 weeks ago--that Obama stated he would veto--and that Harry Reid stated was dead on arrival. We'll see?

I'm sure that teaparty member doesn't know what he is talking about as usual. We'll sort it out without the usual extremist spin from idiots like you and the teaparty. Boehner is just trying to get the teaparty to calm down and take their share of suffering as the others have.

They get a vote guaranteed on the BBA and future cuts (this fall) of about 2.8 with no new taxes. So yea its a small victory for all of us. Then in 2013 the real deal can be done.

despite the medias best efforts to spin it, he has his own internal polling, he wants to be re-elected and hes never had a real conviction hes willing to go to the wall for in his whole life, hes a 'mediator' not a leader.

yeah you just labeled the whole Democratic wing.

then I suggest you consult history, they all cave, sooner or later, whats amazing is reid and obama wanted this to go to the wall, and, well, it appears they didn't win and neither did the right.

read my post to toro, all is as it was before, except, you are there.

You say that like it's a bad thing....

Balanced budget amendment passage not required for second debt-limit hike
By Pete Kasperowicz - 07/31/11 09:28 PM ET

A compromise debt ceiling agreement brokered by the White House and congressional Republicans would not require congressional passage of a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution as a condition for a second-round increase in the debt ceiling.

The deal does require the House and Senate to vote on a balanced budget amendment sometime in the last calendar quarter of this year. But not requiring congressional passage is a significant change from the proposal the House passed on Friday.

The House-passed bill would have increased the debt ceiling by $900 billion immediately, and allowed a second $1.6 trillion increase only if a greater amount of cuts were found by a new congressional committee, and if the House and Senate had passed a balanced budget amendment.

In the compromise agreement, the second-round debt ceiling increase is slightly lower -- $1.5 trillion -- but it is not conditioned on passage of a balanced budget amendment.

Balanced budget amendment passage not required for second debt-limit hike - The Hill's Floor Action

Doesn't look like Oreo and Fox had the whole story. I'm sure there is more to come.

The deal MIGHT still include a "vote" on the BBA to be sent to the States. But, I understand that there's no requirement that it "pass" both Houses as a condition of the deal.

It sounds now like it's an immediate 1 Trillion dollars spread over 10 years and some gobble-dee-crap about another 2.8 trillion or so (to make the cuts match the debt limit increase) with the details to be worked out by the super committee ....

A lot of bullshit games playing and horse trading. And a debt limit INCREASE offset by spending cuts is still a debt limit increase.

Further, I do not believe that THIS or any Congress can validly pass DEAD HAND legislation that would bind future Congresses. So this deal -- imho, initially -- is largely bullshit.

I liked the cut-cap and balance bill that the house passed a couple of weeks ago. The only way we get this big borrowing out of control Federal Government to actually cut their spending is to "cap aka freeze" their growth in expenditures year after year.

You say that like it's a bad thing....

When he tries to lead, he's a tyrant. When he compromises, he's a pussy. See how that works?

tyrants never cave. Tyrants just take, take take.
Let me know when that actually happens.

There is a reason why the rest of the world wants this debt deal passed. If we default they are fucked as well. World economy stupid, world economy.

Indeed

When the Left had full control, we all say how he acted like a tyrant

Which is why the American people kicked the Left out of the House

they kicked them out becuase the didnt do anything nor fought back during the elections. Winning is easy when the otherside just rolls over

PapaObama care and the procedural gimmicks to pass it because the Americans people are against it, was enough for the people

Balanced budget amendment passage not required for second debt-limit hike
By Pete Kasperowicz - 07/31/11 09:28 PM ET

A compromise debt ceiling agreement brokered by the White House and congressional Republicans would not require congressional passage of a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution as a condition for a second-round increase in the debt ceiling.

The deal does require the House and Senate to vote on a balanced budget amendment sometime in the last calendar quarter of this year. But not requiring congressional passage is a significant change from the proposal the House passed on Friday.

The House-passed bill would have increased the debt ceiling by $900 billion immediately, and allowed a second $1.6 trillion increase only if a greater amount of cuts were found by a new congressional committee, and if the House and Senate had passed a balanced budget amendment.

In the compromise agreement, the second-round debt ceiling increase is slightly lower -- $1.5 trillion -- but it is not conditioned on passage of a balanced budget amendment.

Balanced budget amendment passage not required for second debt-limit hike - The Hill's Floor Action

Doesn't look like Oreo and Fox had the whole story. I'm sure there is more to come.

Hey--I provided the link--it's not over yet--but it was OBAMA that claimed it was--:lol: The balanced budget amendment is in this first bill- that Obama is going to sign off on--if this bill passes the house and senate--so exactly-why would they need on a second bill?

Last edited:
No tax increases is the only ‘win’ for the right I can see, as the BBA has no chance in the Senate.

Social Security and Medicaid are untouched, as is the ACA. Cuts to Medicare aren’t an issue as they’d be taken from savings per the ACA. And significant cuts to defense are refreshingly in order if a finalized plan isn’t realized at the end of the year. And there’s no idiotic ‘super Congress.’

It’s garbage, of course, and won’t have much of an impact on the deficit without tax increases, but it could have been a lot worse.

There isn’t. (Or there shouldn’t be.) It must pass both Houses per Article V of the US Constitution. And I see no evidence the states will be convening a Constitutional convention on the issue. There’ll be no ‘BBA,’ thank goodness.

Forum List

Back