Obama and the 'Fiscal Cliff'

In between nuts and mods: Jindall, Christie, Martinez, Rubio (if he grows up), Huntsman (yes, he is a con who despises the nuts and the party of "strange" out there), and so forth.

If Cain runs against Chambliss, Herman will be served up helpless to the maddening crowd.

Perry is destined to continue as the dictator of Texas, because he has fulfilled his Peter Principle.

Palin and Bachmann are finished as flighty wackos.

Ryan and Santorum have revealed that they are far too right for even the conservative Catholics.

Romney's wife will not permit him to make an ass of the family again. And he wasn't a conservative in the first place, merely a shape shifter.

The far right will now turn on and tear itself to pieces.

The problem I see with the modern American right is that they love to insist that America is a center/right country,

but even if they were correct in that assessment,

where they've pinned the center is waaaaaaay to the right of where the real center is.

Democrats, who believe we have a "revenue" problem instead of a "spending" problem, must also think they have a bartender problem, not a drinking problem.

With all this focus by the left on "poverty", exactly how many of those recieving govenment assistance programs have actually been able to then turn around and later worked their way OUT of government dependency ("poverty")? Can the left provide any such statistics? We don't have a poverty problem in this country, rather we have a growing government dependency problem...... an expensive version of taxpayer "assisted living" program towards those who are in no obligation to repay the Federal Government for the assistance they've received. How does receiving a free cell phone, for example, equate to the real definition of poverty?

Hardly, Shak....

It's the exact opposite....the aim is to infantilize the population.

From Peter Ferrara, “America’s Ticking Bankruptcy Bomb,” chapter five.
1. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Such should be the epitaph of Liberalism.

2. ‘Welfare’ as a wholly owned subsidiary of the government, and its main result is the incentivizing of a disrespect for oneself, and for the entity that provides the welfare. As more folks in a poor neighborhood languish with little or no work, entire local culture begins to change: daily work is no longer the expected social norm. Extended periods of hanging around the neighborhood, neither working nor going to school becoming more and more socially acceptable.

a. Since productive activity is not making any economic sense because work disincentives of the welfare plantation, other kinds of activities proliferate: drug and alcohol abuse, crime, recreational sex, illegitimacy, and family breakup are the new social norms, as does the culture of violence.

I agree that the current system is already set up for failure, as there is no incentive to achieve what the Federal Government already freely provides. As a result "complacency" sets in, as this way of life becomes the new "norm" for the way many then choose to live ..... that is until someone threatens to take all the government "freebes" away. The liberal Democrats then take advantage of those who are tied, like a helpless drug addict, to the Federal Government and coax them with a false premise of hope in exchange for votes. It's the perfect "dependency" system that guarantees for the liberal democrats ... votes, so those who depend on the Federal Government can maintain their "habit".

Last edited:
Msg to far right extremists and libertarians: grow up, shut up, or put up.

Either support the mainstream GOP conservative leadership or be destroyed.

Frank, we will crush you guys, very easily, and remake the party exactly as we wish.

I told you this day was coming, and it is here, and now you will cry.

Actually Obama has more to lose in this Fiscal Cliff state of poker. If an already fragile economy gets worse, Obama's place in history will forever be tied to it. People remember the names Herbert Hoover and Franklin Roosevelt during the Great Depression, what many people don't know (or concern themselves with) is who held the position of Speaker of the House during that time. Does Obama want to put his Presidential legacy on the line? Republicans may be looking to hold onto that very last card to call Obama's bluff.

Read the OP. Read the article. Consider why Boehner hammered three Tea guys and one maverick from budget and fiscal policy duties, who had been opposing his attempts to compromise. He got rid of their extremist spawn ways.

:lol: GOP leaders remove 4 from plum House committees - Yahoo! News Your type of spawn is not welcome in the modern mainstream GOP if you can't toe the line.

You lost me at spawn....what does this have to do with the particulars of the op:eusa_eh:

what do you consider extremism when you from the left penalize sucksess/profit?
profit is like pollution and global whining with your statement.
phantom fabrications...just smoke weed and let the adults handle it.

Almost 2 to 1 Americans say they will blame the GOP.

Frank, we will crush you guys, very easily, and remake the party exactly as we wish.

Actually Obama has more to lose in this Fiscal Cliff state of poker. If an already fragile economy gets worse, Obama's place in history will forever be tied to it. People remember the names Herbert Hoover and Franklin Roosevelt during the Great Depression, what many people don't know (or concern themselves with) is who held the position of Speaker of the House during that time. Does Obama want to put his Presidential legacy on the line? Republicans may be looking to hold onto that very last card to call Obama's bluff.

zonly1 understands not the principles, duties, and limitations of wealth creation.

I don't care nearly as much for art as you do for Google. You're giving pseudo-intellectual a bad name.

See....here is proof that one can only judge others by oneself.

You cannot imagine that there are folks who read, who study, who learn.
Bet you make the sign of cross whenever you pass a library.

Shocker: this week I'm only reading four books.....and I take notes on 'em!

But, heck....if there weren't folks like you, how would Obama get elected?

My elemental nature: Copper and Tellurium
Just rubbin' in how dumb you are.

If you were genuinely intelligent you would

a. know how to debate, and,

b. know how to act your age.

There's one characteristic of those of us who are genuinely intelligent -

we are extremely good at knowing intelligence when we see it.

Your inability to refute the simplest of points in a thoughtful, original, insightful, clear, and concise matter,

with keen attention to logic and facts,

is a very significant tell that although you might be a skilled compiler of copious reams of raw data,

you are gravely lacking in the skills need to interpret, absorb, refine, and utilize that which you are filing in that attic on your shoulders.

Let's be honest....

...you're dumb enough to rape a bee hive.

The former degenerate-in-chief Bubba Clinton likens the attempt to resolve the crisis to "two dogs sniffing each other's asses". No surprises here but why do left wingers still listen to the fool?

Don't count your chickens before they hatch!

Obama won in 2008 and again in 2012 because he was (and still is) totally immune and impervious to any criticism, because he is (half)black.

Being accused of RACISM is as good as conviction thereof.

Obama could have been captured on a video raping a little boy and you non-racist yahoos would still have voted for him.

Parties go through cycles. Even the longest winning streak will eventually come crashing down, just remember the end of 40 years of Democratic House rule demolished in 1994. Or the spanking of 2010.

So, gloat now, while you may. Republicans will learn not to nominate war hero old men against draft dodging young Democrats and successful businessman against plagiarist young (half) black Democrats.

The day when you will cry is not too far off.

We mainstream GOP voted for Romney because he was what we had. Romney did better than the defeated wacky Senatorial candidates who went down in flames. And since when was Romney a war hero. As far as GOP candidates with military experience: Eisenhower, Nixon Ford, Reagan, Dole, Bush I, Bush II, McCain. The cycle of the reagan components for Republican victory, including social values groups and neo-econs, has come to an end. A mixed bag. We will certainly run younger, exciting, mainstream New Republican candidates in the future.

What dear leader and the left are doing does not affect what we are doing in the party. And your racism only hurts your rant FJO.

Last edited:
Because the "fool" kicked our asses twice, made off with the Republican agenda, had defeated several of the most pro-impeachment congressmen, still the most liked politician of the last 20 years? That guy?

The former degenerate-in-chief Bubba Clinton likens the attempt to resolve the crisis to "two dogs sniffing each other's asses". No surprises here but why do left wingers still listen to the fool?

The real shame is that we vote for candidates that run the best campaign, usually negative, rather than the person who is best suited to govern. It's ridiculous how much money is spent on ads that neither party will take responsibility for; it's probably not constitutional, but if I had my way no TV ad would appear unless the campaign or party it supports accepts responsibility for what it says.

The other real shame is that the mainstream media are not as critical of the Obama admin as they were of Bush. We get slanted news, and stories are not run if it is unfavorable to Obama and the dems. There's no unbiased reporting, Fox is on the right and everyone else is on the left. Unvarnished truth in reporting is hard to come by.

Back to the cliff, I get the feeling no deal will be made until after the first of the year. Both sides may decide to wait for the fallout and see who takes the most heat for it. Right now, it's the GOP but I'm sure these guys know their constituents well, and if they can't get through their next primary then why cave? Same for the lefties, which doesn't bode well for much of an agreement. Could be we'll need an honest to goodness recession as bad as the last one to build a fire under us to build a fire under them.

Name the conservative rightwing nut Republicans with a bright political future at the national level,

and then name the moderates,

and see which list fills up first.

You can think of a moderate with a bright future?

Please share.

Jeb Bush.

In addition to the last question I asked (about whether you seriously think someone with the name Bush has a bright future on the national scene in the next decade or so), I have another question.

Your post suggested that there might be multiple moderates with a bright political future on the national scene.

I was hoping you could name more than one.

The only name which came to my mind as a possibility was Christie, but I don't think his prospects are that bright. Between his earlier baggage with Democrats and the recent baggage he took on with Republicans, I expect that his brightest prospects are just to keep being the good governor or New Jersey.

Forum List

Back