Obama and the 'Fiscal Cliff'

The Scapegoat, by William Holman Hunt

800px-William_Holman_Hunt_-_The_Scapegoat.jpg

Isn't this about the fourth time you've started this same thread?

No.

But, if you're not satisfied, you can have your money back.

See ya.'

Was my guess over or under? Because I know for certain that you've harped on this topic many a time before.

See, I spoke to your elementary school teachers and they said the only way to teach you was to repeat seven or eight times.....

....and the only way to graduate you was when you got too big for the desk.

1. Not sure exactly the purpose of your posting of 'The Scapegoat,' but I am overjoyed to see it....just recently it was one of the picture that I was studying.

2. Hunt was a member of a school of English artists called the Pre-Raphaelites, whose goal was to paint with precise, scientific accuracy, the idea being that nature, rightly interpreted, reveals spiritual and moral truths.

3. By portraying nature in a way that took into account the latest findings of science, artists would God's hand in the world.

4. Look at the painstaking accuracy and sharp-focus detail. Even distant objects are not hazy, but clear and sharp-edged.

5. 'The Scapegoat' refers to the Jewish Day of Atonement when a scapegoat was sent into the wilderness bearing the sins of the people. And, the image is meant to bring to mind Jesus' suffering and atonement as well.

6. Check out 'The Hireling Shepherd,' which alludes to Jesus' parable about the hired shepherd who neglects his sheep....look for the sheep on the right that is wandering off.

7. Hunt actually traveled to the Holy Land so as to be able to study the Dead Sea, so as to be accurate in every scientific, archeological, geographical, and historical detail.

Nancy Pearcey covers the topic in "Saving Leonardo."

Also in "The Iconography of Landscape: Essays on the Symbolic Representation, Design and Use of Past Environments " by Denis Cosgrove and Stephen Daniels
Peter Fuller refers to the art as "rooted in the spiritual revelations of the new science..."

Are you actually interested in art?
Nah....what am I saying.

1. Not sure exactly the purpose of your posting of 'The Scapegoat,' but I am overjoyed to see it....just recently it was one of the picture that I was studying.

2. Hunt was a member of a school of English artists called the Pre-Raphaelites, whose goal was to paint with precise, scientific accuracy, the idea being that nature, rightly interpreted, reveals spiritual and moral truths.

3. By portraying nature in a way that took into account the latest findings of science, artists would God's hand in the world.

4. Look at the painstaking accuracy and sharp-focus detail. Even distant objects are not hazy, but clear and sharp-edged.

5. 'The Scapegoat' refers to the Jewish Day of Atonement when a scapegoat was sent into the wilderness bearing the sins of the people. And, the image is meant to bring to mind Jesus' suffering and atonement as well.

6. Check out 'The Hireling Shepherd,' which alludes to Jesus' parable about the hired shepherd who neglects his sheep....look for the sheep on the right that is wandering off.

7. Hunt actually traveled to the Holy Land so as to be able to study the Dead Sea, so as to be accurate in every scientific, archeological, geographical, and historical detail.

Also in "The Iconography of Landscape: Essays on the Symbolic Representation, Design and Use of Past Environments " by Denis Cosgrove and Stephen Daniels
Peter Fuller refers to the art as "rooted in the spiritual revelations of the new science..."

Nah....what am I saying.

heres the one he ought to take to heart-

753px-Rembrandt-Belsazar.jpg

;)

Nah....what am I saying.

;)

Gee...Traj....wish I would have thought to hit 'em with that!

Clever, and on topic!

But heck,,,,to seem him post that masterpiece...I was like a deer in headlights....

Sorry I'm out of rep.

Nah....what am I saying.

;)

Gee...Traj....wish I would have thought to hit 'em with that!

Clever, and on topic!

But heck,,,,to seem him post that masterpiece...I was like a deer in headlights....

Sorry I'm out of rep.

;) I owe you for that last to carb.....gotta spread....:eusa_shhh:

yes, indeed, the far political right and the libertarians have been weighed in the last election and found wanting.

No.

But, if you're not satisfied, you can have your money back.

See ya.'

Was my guess over or under? Because I know for certain that you've harped on this topic many a time before.

See, I spoke to your elementary school teachers and they said the only way to teach you was to repeat seven or eight times.....

Your jokes are only mildly funny the first one hundred times you use them; maybe it's time for you to acquire some new material.

Nah....what am I saying.

I don't care nearly as much for art as you do for Google. You're giving pseudo-intellectual a bad name.

Nah....what am I saying.

I don't care nearly as much for art as you do for Google. You're giving pseudo-intellectual a bad name.

right, because remaining ignorant is best:clap2:you walk the walk, gotta say;)

Nah....what am I saying.

right, because remaining ignorant is best:clap2:you walk the walk, gotta say;)

I bet you think that random collection of words means something.

Your jokes are only mildly funny the first one hundred times you use them; maybe it's time for you to acquire some new material.

They're not jokes.

They're descriptions.

In between nuts and mods: Jindall, Christie, Martinez, Rubio (if he grows up), Huntsman (yes, he is a con who despises the nuts and the party of "strange" out there), and so forth.

If Cain runs against Chambliss, Herman will be served up helpless to the maddening crowd.

Perry is destined to continue as the dictator of Texas, because he has fulfilled his Peter Principle.

Palin and Bachmann are finished as flighty wackos.

Ryan and Santorum have revealed that they are far too right for even the conservative Catholics.

Romney's wife will not permit him to make an ass of the family again. And he wasn't a conservative in the first place, merely a shape shifter.

The far right will now turn on and tear itself to pieces.

Last edited:
"Here and now I want to make myself clear about those who disparage their fellow citizens on the relief rolls.

They say that those on relief are not merely jobless—that they are worthless. Their solution for the relief problem is to end relief—to purge the rolls by starvation.

To use the language of the stock broker, our needy unemployed would be cared for when, as, and if some fairy godmother should happen on the scene."

Franklin Roosevelt 1936

The conservative war on America's poor people isn't new.

Speech at Madison Square Garden (October 31, 1936)

Nah....what am I saying.

See....here is proof that one can only judge others by oneself.

You cannot imagine that there are folks who read, who study, who learn.
Bet you make the sign of cross whenever you pass a library.

Shocker: this week I'm only reading four books.....and I take notes on 'em!

But, heck....if there weren't folks like you, how would Obama get elected?

My elemental nature: Copper and Tellurium
Just rubbin' in how dumb you are.

Nah....what am I saying.

See....here is proof that one can only judge others by oneself.

You cannot imagine that there are folks who read, who study, who learn.
Bet you make the sign of cross whenever you pass a library.

Shocker: this week I'm only reading four books.....and I take notes on 'em!

But, heck....if there weren't folks like you, how would Obama get elected?

My elemental nature: Copper and Tellurium
Just rubbin' in how dumb you are.

If you were genuinely intelligent you would

a. know how to debate, and,

b. know how to act your age.

There's one characteristic of those of us who are genuinely intelligent -

we are extremely good at knowing intelligence when we see it.

Your inability to refute the simplest of points in a thoughtful, original, insightful, clear, and concise matter,

with keen attention to logic and facts,

is a very significant tell that although you might be a skilled compiler of copious reams of raw data,

you are gravely lacking in the skills need to interpret, absorb, refine, and utilize that which you are filing in that attic on your shoulders.

Forum List

Back