Obama and Israel

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Gunny, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    At least he's got his head and ass wired right on one topic.

2. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    Hate to say "I told you so". But I told you so. ;)

Just goes to show he doesn't think like his buddy rev wright (who said something about "state sponsored terrorism" in regard to Israel) ... so the right should stop being hysterical on the subject of whether Wright reflects Obama's views. Obama also made a similar supportive statement about Israel in his speech on race in the U.S.

3. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Time will tell, still don't trust him on a myriad of other issues.

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770

Nice try but no cigar. I have not once stated that Obama believed everything Wright does, exactly as he does, so there is no "I told you so," to it.

I HAVE stated that Obama attending Wright's church does not necessarily mean he embraces each and evey one of Wright's viewpoints.

That in no way negates the fact that when one attends a church for over 20 years, one generally believes in a majority of that church's views as expressed by its pastor. THAT is what church is about. Belief. If you don't believe the message, you don't go to that church. Really simple math there.

That makes the relationship between Wright and Obama STILL a valid concern. I want to know what issues he DOES agree with Wright on -- what ideals of Wright's he DOES embrace, and I'm not going to be satisfied until I get answers.

You on the left who continue to deflect saying it's not an issue, crying racism, or that it's some right wing conspiracy only do yourselves and Obama a disservice by using such lame copouts as your sole arguments.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. jakbo

jakbo Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I don't understand why people care if we (the US) supports Israel, or not. The Israeli state represents a brutal occupation and oppression of Palestine. Hell, the Israelis have absolutely no right to be in Palestine at all! In fact, I'm of the opinion that we should focus our efforts on forcing the Israelis to get out of Palestine altogether.

It's embarrassing, to me, that we actually support this sort of tyranny.