Obama and his student loan claims

Regardless, student loans are a major burden on college graduates today. starting out life with meager employment prospects and a major debt to pay is rough. And yes, both he President and his wife had to pay off significant debt. Law degrees do not come cheaply

No one is forced to attend Harvard. There are cheaper routes to education that are affordable to almost anyone.

Sure....you can always ask Daddy to pay

Neither can you ask government nor society to pay, or even to guarantee the loan to you... but that is a whole different point than what I was getting at...

Regardless, student loans are a major burden on college graduates today. starting out life with meager employment prospects and a major debt to pay is rough. And yes, both he President and his wife had to pay off significant debt. Law degrees do not come cheaply

So are car loans, mortgages and credit card debt.

Who is forced to take out any of these loans?

Those who are not independently wealthy

No.. they are not forced... they make the personal decision all on their own.... don't try and twist, wrongwinger

So are car loans, mortgages and credit card debt.

Who is forced to take out any of these loans?
Those who are not independently wealthy

Or too dumb to win a scholarship???

Maybe I don't want to pay for an idiot to go to college.

Last edited:
Does anyone else find his attempt to link with the 'common man' a bit off??

Basically, I guess he is trying to say he is the same as others and 'struggled' with things such as student loans

Obama: I only paid off my student loans eight years ago | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

But this seems a bit weird... supposedly he paid them all back just 8 years ago.. and struggled to do so... yet his salary history shows that even as far back as 2000, he was pulling in more than 240K per year... is he seriously trying to compare to a teacher making 40K trying to pay back 40K in student loans?? And if he was indeed struggling at 200+K a year, and admits it, why the fuck is he trying to increase burden on ones in the same boat my wanting to raise taxes on that very same group??

More hackery and pandering, if you ask me... and it has no basis in reality

Is Romney being honest in his support for an extension of the lower interest rate and not pandering to the young?

So it's just Obama that's bad...got it...

"Mainland USA"?

What an elitist asshole you are

You know, the contiguous 48 states where the vast majority of the common American people live. I'm one of those common people. Obama is the elitest asshole isn't. Idiot.

the president is an elitist? but not the people who say it's their "turn"?

you're funny.

You'll have to provide names of people saying "something" is their "turn". And yes, Obama is an arrogant asshole elitist who has no idea of the common man's experience in America. How could he? He was never exposed to it or lived it and that's a fact.

Regardless, any student with this burden who is buying his pitch are foolish. The problems that need to be solved are: 1) "Fundamentally transforming" the current state of 'meager job prospects' to sustainable job prospects and 2) driving down the costs of higher Education. Instead of focusing on CEO and Wall Street pay at their customers' expense, let's expand the conversation to include the 1 percenters throughout Higher Education who are failing their customers. Predatory lending practices? How about predatory student loan practices that target students to pile on so much debt only to be holding the bag with no job prospects to pay it off.

Basically, I guess he is trying to say he is the same as others and 'struggled' with things such as student loans

Obama: I only paid off my student loans eight years ago | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

But this seems a bit weird... supposedly he paid them all back just 8 years ago.. and struggled to do so... yet his salary history shows that even as far back as 2000, he was pulling in more than 240K per year... is he seriously trying to compare to a teacher making 40K trying to pay back 40K in student loans?? And if he was indeed struggling at 200+K a year, and admits it, why the fuck is he trying to increase burden on ones in the same boat my wanting to raise taxes on that very same group??

Is Romney being honest in his support for an extension of the lower interest rate and not pandering to the young?

So it's just Obama that's bad...got it...

IMHO.. Romney is wrong pandering too.. instead of trying to get the govt out of the guaranteed banking racket... but that is a whole different subject

No one is forced to attend Harvard. There are cheaper routes to education that are affordable to almost anyone.

Sure....you can always ask Daddy to pay

Or you can do it the old fashioned way and get a job and work your way thru.

yet his salary history shows that even as far back as 2000, he was pulling in more than 240K per year...

'A citation please for those of us who don't watch Foxnews

I don't watch foxnews, just as I don't watch msnbc... but nice try....

Just a quick search to find Obama's tax returns brings up multiple sources linking to his reported tax returns and earnings

TaxProf Blog: Obama Releases 2000-2006 Tax Returns

Now.. care to discuss the subject??

BULLSHIT

Being able to find a fucking job is the burden.

:eusa_whistle:

yet his salary history shows that even as far back as 2000, he was pulling in more than 240K per year...

'A citation please for those of us who don't watch Foxnews

I don't watch foxnews, just as I don't watch msnbc... but nice try....

Just a quick search to find Obama's tax returns brings up multiple sources linking to his reported tax returns and earnings

TaxProf Blog: Obama Releases 2000-2006 Tax Returns

Now.. care to discuss the subject??

Whoa, not a very charitable person there...

Do you have any idea of what his and Michelle's loan totals were? Didn't think so. When you do, get back with us and give us a far more sensible comment.

Did he provide them??

Do you think they were in the , oh lets say 240k range??

This guy was the one trying to put himself in the same boat as the common man... I am just one calling it to question and consider it nothing more than pandering...

True.

Up until now has he done anything about it?

No.

Btw, he didn't start making decent money till he got into politics.

Good lawyers make money in court as defense lawyers or at the closing table.

The so-so lawyers go into politics.

Do you have any idea of what his and Michelle's loan totals were? Didn't think so. When you do, get back with us and give us a far more sensible comment.

Did he provide them??

Do you think they were in the , oh lets say 240k range??

This guy was the one trying to put himself in the same boat as the common man... I am just one calling it to question and consider it nothing more than pandering...

You have no idea, in other words, and until you can us figures, your conclusion is merely "wah" by you.

But wait, there's more. Who does Obama blame for higher gas prices? Governmental policies or the oil companies? Who does Obama blame for higher healthcare costs? Governmental policy or the healthcare industry, including pharmaceutical companies and those nasty insurance companies whose coffers would be fattened by his healthcare initiative? Who does Obama blame for extravagant education costs? The universities and colleges? Governmental policies? Answer to the latter: neither, no one, silence.

Forum List

Back