Obama and Christie????

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Gov. Chris Christie has been appointed to a federal advisory committee on trade policy. President Obama on Wednesday named the governor to the Advisory Committee for Trade Policy and Negotiations, according to a press release from Christie's office.

“New Jersey in many ways is considered the gateway to international trade," Christie said. "As a member of the advisory committee, I look forward to sharing New Jersey’s experiences while working to ensure that national policies enhance and improve trade opportunities for New Jersey and throughout the country.”

The committee, administered by U.S. trade representative Ron Kirk, provides policy advice on trade issues of overall national interest. Committee members represent various economic sectors impacted by trade and serve two-year terms.

President Obama appoints Gov. Christie to federal trade panel | NJ.com

Forgive my skepticism, but I don't think the president does ANYTHING without a political motive. Is he trying to pretend he's moving to the center?

Gov. Chris Christie has been appointed to a federal advisory committee on trade policy. President Obama on Wednesday named the governor to the Advisory Committee for Trade Policy and Negotiations, according to a press release from Christie's office.

“New Jersey in many ways is considered the gateway to international trade," Christie said. "As a member of the advisory committee, I look forward to sharing New Jersey’s experiences while working to ensure that national policies enhance and improve trade opportunities for New Jersey and throughout the country.”

The committee, administered by U.S. trade representative Ron Kirk, provides policy advice on trade issues of overall national interest. Committee members represent various economic sectors impacted by trade and serve two-year terms.

Forgive my skepticism, but I don't think the president does ANYTHING without a political motive. Is he trying to pretend he's moving to the center?

oooooooooooooooooooooo.....Geeeeeeeee........the President of the U.S. is gettin' political, huh??

Wouldn't you 'Baggers be a little-more-comfortable gettin'-back to your "roots"; heavyweight-wrestling & NASCAR?

Think about it. Look at the legacy you folks (and John Boner) have created.

"The number of people in poverty nationally rose from 39.8 million in 2008 to 43.6 million in 2009 - the most in the 51 years for which poverty figures are available."

:rolleyes:

He's made another good choice.

"As a member of the advisory committee, I look forward to sharing New Jersey’s experiences while working to ensure that national policies enhance and improve trade opportunities for New Jersey and throughout the country.”

I've seen him a couple of times on Morning Joe, he's headed toward rock stardom. Working with Obama can only help him.

Oh I agree Sarah. I'm very pleased that NJ has gotten a seat at the table - regardless of party. I just see Christie as the antithesis to Obamas current economic policies. Maybe this committee has no clout.

I hope Chrisyie throws his hat in the ring, I agree with the previous post that calls him a GOP Rock-Star. If he doesn't run for prez in 2012 I hope someone picks him as VP and lets him fix SS, Medicare, and the Fed Budget.

The admitted fact that you don't think surprises me not; to consider Obama "trying to pretend he's moving to the center" suggests anew that YOU don't post anything which is not partisan, and that you are far right of center, a proud member of the fringe.

Christie is the shit............he's taking a baseball bat to the heads of the unions with their obscene benefits packages that rob the taxpayers blind!!! Funny...........you always, always, always hear the left screaming about corporate greed but never a peep about public employee's fcukking the average American.

The admitted fact that you don't think surprises me not; to consider Obama "trying to pretend he's moving to the center" suggests anew that YOU don't post anything which is not partisan, and that you are far right of center, a proud member of the fringe.

Wry s0n............everybody knows that people in SanFrancisco have a retarded view of the political spectrum. Dude..........you're going to go to your box thinking you're mainstream, but except for the k00ks, nobody else thinks it.

Anyway.....dont forget an absolute truth. A minimum of 40% of Americans classify themselves as conservative. A maximum of 21% consider themselves liberal. Toss in the fact that a majority of Americans think of a rodeo clown riding a unicycle down Market Street as your typical SanFrancisco resident..............and you got the credibility of a handball!!:lol:

It's the same thing Clinton began doing when his 2 years were coming up in his first term.

Clinton really moved center when he was forced to by the Republicans in congress. That could happen with Obama, but I believe he is a one termer. He's an idealogue. I don't think he cares about a second term. While that may be honorable in theory, it's just a shame he is so out of sync with the rest of the country.

Christie has also said that he doesn't give a damn about a second term. Ironic, isn't it?

Oh I agree Sarah. I'm very pleased that NJ has gotten a seat at the table - regardless of party. I just see Christie as the antithesis to Obamas current economic policies. Maybe this committee has no clout.

so why are you complaining? christie i a political animal... .obama is a political animal.

your point?

Wrong wry. I am definitely a moderate. Obama is fringe. I am very surprised that you didn't know that. You seem like a pretty smart guy.

Funny, I'm definitely a moderate; yet we don't seem to see many of the same things in the same way.
The problem being, a forum such as this requires very short and pointed comments; simple answers to many times complex problems.

Last edited:
Wrong wry. I am definitely a moderate. Obama is fringe. I am very surprised that you didn't know that. You seem like a pretty smart guy.

Funny, I'm definitely a moderate; yet we don't seem to see many of the same things in the same way.
The problem being, a forum such as this requires very short and pointed comments; simple answers to many times complex problems.

she thinks she's a moderate? the perception you have has nothing to do with the limits of internet conversation, imo. and only people to the right of atilla the hun think the president is an 'extremist'. he's not even at the far reaches of his own party.

:rofl:

Sure Jillian. That's why he was voted "most liberal" senator and why he's so out of touch with the entire country regarding HC, Immigration, bailouts, the mosque...

Obama - a centrist? :lol::lol::lol:

lol, it's a non-partisan committee.

btw, if Governor Christie is a small government guy, why is taking a position in the 'bloated federal bureauocracy'?

Forum List

Back