L.A. spends $111 million on 55 jobs "created or saved"

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
I'm disappointed that we've only created or retained 55 jobs after receiving $111 million," said Wendy Greuel, the city's controller. "With our local unemployment rate over 12% we need to do a better job cutting red tape and putting Angelenos back to work."

According to the audit, the Los Angeles Department of Public Works spent $70 million in stimulus funds and created 7 private sector jobs and saved 7 workers from layoffs. Taxpayer cost per job: $1.5 million.

The Los Angeles Department of Transportation created even fewer jobs per dollar, spending $40 million but netting just 9 jobs. Taxpayer cost per job: $4.4 million.

FOXNews.com - L.A.: $111M in Stimulus Saved Just 55 Jobs

What we need to fix this is MORE STIMULUS!!!!!! :eek:

cowbell.gif

I'm disappointed that we've only created or retained 55 jobs after receiving $111 million," said Wendy Greuel, the city's controller. "With our local unemployment rate over 12% we need to do a better job cutting red tape and putting Angelenos back to work."

According to the audit, the Los Angeles Department of Public Works spent $70 million in stimulus funds and created 7 private sector jobs and saved 7 workers from layoffs. Taxpayer cost per job: $1.5 million.

The Los Angeles Department of Transportation created even fewer jobs per dollar, spending $40 million but netting just 9 jobs. Taxpayer cost per job: $4.4 million.

FOXNews.com - L.A.: $111M in Stimulus Saved Just 55 Jobs

What we need to fix this is MORE STIMULUS!!!!!! :eek:

cowbell.gif

What sun tan oil are they testing in the Bahamas?:lol:

If you ask Joe Biden or any other Lib on this site I'm sure you would hear them say that the Stimulus had worked well and this is the proof,55 jobs created, if you're being critical of the President then that proves you are a racist.

Forum List

Back