Obama and Acorn - Developing....

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
The president, while attempting to dismiss the Acorn scandel as a minor matter of which he knew little of, is walking a dangerous path that could by default of his dismissal, entrap him within the very scandal he now attempts to shrug off.

The Wall Street Journal published a revealing timeline of Obama and Acorn, showing the two sharing a long and mutually beneficial relationship - certainly far more than the dismissive description given by the president just this week.

Combine this scandal with the NEA scandal now unfolding, and we have a president at great political risk. His inability to form consensus within his own party over such critical issues as health care is a possible indication of party leaders stepping back from this president, sensing the rain of corruption stories that could be unfolding in the coming weeks and months...
___

Acorn Who?
Obama heads for the high grass.

By JOHN FUND

Only one of the five television networks that interviewed President Obama for their Sunday shows bothered to ask him about Acorn, the left-wing community organizing group whose federal funding was cut off last week by an overwhelming vote in Congress.

"Frankly, it's not something I've followed closely," Mr. Obama claimed, adding he wasn't even aware the group had been the recipient of significant federal funding. "This is not the biggest issue facing the country. It's not something I'm paying a lot of attention to," he said.

Mr. Obama took great pains to act as if he barely knew about Acorn. In fact, his association goes back almost 20 years. In 1991, he took time off from his law firm to run a voter-registration drive for Project Vote, an Acorn partner that was soon fully absorbed under the Acorn umbrella. The drive registered 135,000 voters and was considered a major factor in the upset victory of Democrat Carol Moseley Braun over incumbent Democratic Senator Alan Dixon in the 1992 Democratic Senate primary.

In 1996, Mr. Obama filled out a questionnaire listing key supporters for his campaign for the Illinois Senate. He put Acorn first (it was not an alphabetical list). In the U.S. Senate, Mr. Obama became the leading critic of Voter ID laws, whose overturn was a top Acorn priority. In 2007, in a speech to Acorn's leaders prior to their political arm's endorsement of his presidential campaign, Mr. Obama was effusive: "I've been fighting alongside of Acorn on issues you care about my entire career. Even before I was an elected official, when I ran Project Vote in Illinois, Acorn was smack dab in the middle of it, and we appreciate your work."

But the Obama campaign didn't appear eager to discuss the candidate's ties to Acorn. Its press operation vividly denied Mr. Obama had been an Acorn trainer until the New York Times uncovered records demonstrating that he had been. The Obama campaign also gave Citizens Consulting, Inc., an Acorn subsidiary, $832,000 for get-out-the-vote activities in key primary states. In filings with the Federal Election Commission, the Obama campaign listed the payments as "staging, sound, lighting," only correcting the filings after the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review revealed their true nature.

Given his longstanding ties with Acorn, President Obama's protestations of ignorance or disinterest in the group's latest scandal seem preposterous. Here's hoping White House reporters will press the president to clarify just how much he really knows about Acorn and when he knew it.

Acorn Who? - WSJ.com

This is an awesome article. Lengthy but worth a read.

ACORN grew out of the tumultuous 1960s. Founder Wade Rathke, who was charged with inciting violence in 1970 after a welfare rally he organized turned into a riot, had worked as a draft resistance organizer for the radical group Students for a Democratic Society. SDS splintered over tactics and one faction, the Weather Underground, was led by President Obama's friend Bill Ayers.

Rathke was also an organizer for the National Welfare Rights Organization (NWRO), a group whose members physically occupied welfare offices, intimidating social workers and insisting that they be given every government welfare dollar that the law "entitled" them to. That group followed what has since been called the Cloward-Piven Strategy after sociologists Frances Fox Piven and Richard A. Cloward.

They defined a model of political and economic subversion that called upon activists to pack the welfare rolls to spread dependency, bankrupt the government, and cause uprisings against the capitalist system. Former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani blames the Cloward-Piven Strategy for pushing his city close to bankruptcy in 1975.

The same year as his arrest, Rathke founded ACORN to carry out the strategy of upheaval and the agenda of welfare entitlement. That agenda manifests itself today in the ACORN Tax & Benefit Access Center and the ACORN Financial Justice Center.

In other words, ACORN was created not to help people, but to get people on welfare in order to bring change to society.

The American Spectator : ACORN'S Useful Idiots

2008 LMSM

Obama should be president because he was a Community Organizer for ACORN

ACORN gave Obama Executive Skills

OBAMA cut his teeth on ACORN

ACORN better for Obama having been there

Obama & ACORN joined at the hip

Obama's legal advise helps ACORN

ObamAcorn ObamAcorn ObamAcorn ObamAcorn ObamAcorn ObamAcorn ObamAcorn ObamAcorn OBAMA ACORN ACORN OBAMAACORN

Sept 2009

Obama: Acorn? Never heard of it. LMSM Obama never heard of ACORN

Last edited:
It will be even more interesting if this story just fades away and the right has to wait to bring up another ACORN to gnaw on.

How about Haliburton and Cheney? Blackwater. KGR, etc. Will we ever know how much money the Cheney's and the Bush's have made off these wars? But the death of our service men and women for private profit are just little nuts compared to ACORN.

It will be even more interesting if this story just fades away and the right has to wait to bring up another ACORN to gnaw on.

How about Haliburton and Cheney? Blackwater. KGR, etc. Will we ever know how much money the Cheney's and the Bush's have made off these wars? But the death of our service men and women for private profit are just little nuts compared to ACORN.

we are past haliburton and cheney,, there's a new game in town.. called obamalama and ACORN.. I always said all ya ever need to know about obamalama was ACORN, Alinsky, and Ayers. I don't know where I heard it first.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I know, it's Beck . . .but he connects the dots. Rather than putting all the videos on here, click on the link below for them. Watch the first one. The connections are there, you can't not see it.

In Case You Missed It: Soros Connection To Tides Foudation/HCAN and Their Ties To Apollo, ACORN, and the SEIU « Romanticpoet’s Weblog
Beck is definitely connecting the dots quite effectively. Last nights show was absolutely mesmerizing. The connections between Obama, Soros, SEIU, ACORN etc., just may bring this sham presidency down.
It was quite interesting to hear what the WSJ reporter had to say.
I see some bombshells coming down the road and, Obama's reaction to questions about ACORN this past sunday clearly showed that he's getting nervous. His answers were beyond ridiculous, they were downright absurd. Absolutely ludicrous.

2008 LMSM

Obama should be president because he was a Community Organizer for ACORN

ACORN gave Obama Executive Skills

OBAMA cut his teeth on ACORN

ACORN better for Obama having been there

Obama & ACORN joined at the hip

Obama's legal advise helps ACORN

ObamAcorn ObamAcorn ObamAcorn ObamAcorn ObamAcorn ObamAcorn ObamAcorn ObamAcorn OBAMA ACORN ACORN OBAMAACORN

Sept 2009

Obama: Acorn? Never heard of it. LMSM Obama never heard of ACORN

____

You got that right.

Yes, let's change the subject to BOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!

Pa-thetic.

Over $800k to Acorn for get out the vote antics.

And how can only 1 of five news programs he goes on ask about Acorn?

I think it's going to be great to watch the rats run when they turn over the right ACORN rock and all the crap comes seaping out for the public to see first hand. Wonder who they will lay this one on? You know somebody will have to go to jail while the evil doers skip down the sidewalk looking for more crime to commit. Obama has his arm deep into the bowls of the cow with ACORN. His day is coming and I suspect sooner rather than later. I'm going to just love it. How do you spell impeach? Is that with just one Democrap or two? Criminal Chicagoland political hacks seem to rise to the surface just like cream don't they?

Last edited:
ObamaBidenGoofy.jpg

Huh?....The first we heard about this was when we read it in the paper this morning!

The Obama/ACORN association has been there from day one. The mainstream media just didn't want to expose Obama for the thug he is. Obama was and still is their guy. They will protect his ass. Just like Van Jones got little news reporting, this ACORN scandal will fade away.

Forum List

Back