Obama: America's 'Deeply Rooted' Racism Will Take Time To Tackle

As the slave picks up a tree branch to protect himself from from his plantation owner who is raising a whip to beat him, the slave owner says the following:

"Your actions in defying my lawful authority, and encouraging disobedience among your fellow slaves, and finally running away is sowing racial discord on our otherwise peaceful and harmonious God-given plantation which is a blessing from the Lord." You must be punished in accordance with our laws in order that we may reestablish the racial harmony which has benefited you and your family as well as me and mine."

Yep, and I sure wish the Democrats would stop enslaving blacks. It's unconstitutional.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is prescribing time and vigilance to tackle problems as entrenched in American society as racism and bias.

He also is urging patience, saying progress usually comes in small steps.

In an interview with BET, the president described his conversation with a group of young civil rights activists, including a leader of protests in Ferguson, Missouri, he hosted last week in the Oval Office.

Obama said he told them that "this is something that is deeply rooted in our society, it's deeply rooted in our history."

America has made gains, and that "gives us hope" of making more progress, he said.

"We can't equate what is happening now to what was happening 50 years ago," Obama said, "and if you talk to your parents, grandparents, uncles, they'll tell you that things are better, not good in some places, but better."

Obama said he is advising young people to be persistent because "typically progress is in steps, it's in increments.

More: Obama: 'America's 'Deeply Rooted' Racism Will Take Time To Tackle

President Obama is correct - but none of us will ever live long enough to see it end. I can't even imagine how it can or will end. Will it ever end before humans become extinct?
We were doing fine till that ****** showed up.

The genre of Obama race speeches has always been bounded by the job he was hired to do. Specifically, Barack Obama is the president of the United States of America. More specifically, Barack Obama is the president of a congenitally racist country, erected upon the plunder of life, liberty, labor, and land. This plunder has not been exclusive to black people. But black people, the community to which both Michael Brown and Barack Obama belong, have the distinct fortune of having survived in significant numbers. For a creedal country like America, this poses a problem—in nearly every major American city one can find a population of people whose very existence, whose very history, whose very traditions, are an assault upon this country's nationalist instincts. Black people are the chastener of their own country. Their experience says to America, "You wear the mask."

Much More: Barack Obama, Ferguson, and the Evidence of Things Unsaid - The Atlantic

It's sadly pathetic to watch ignorant racists try to blame blacks and Democrats for the racial divide.

The genre of Obama race speeches has always been bounded by the job he was hired to do. Specifically, Barack Obama is the president of the United States of America. More specifically, Barack Obama is the president of a congenitally racist country, erected upon the plunder of life, liberty, labor, and land. This plunder has not been exclusive to black people. But black people, the community to which both Michael Brown and Barack Obama belong, have the distinct fortune of having survived in significant numbers. For a creedal country like America, this poses a problem—in nearly every major American city one can find a population of people whose very existence, whose very history, whose very traditions, are an assault upon this country's nationalist instincts. Black people are the chastener of their own country. Their experience says to America, "You wear the mask."

Much More: Barack Obama, Ferguson, and the Evidence of Things Unsaid - The Atlantic

It's sadly pathetic to watch racists try to blame blacks and Democrats for the racial divide.

What's sad is that you always have to post a quote from someone else then add your little "me to" one liner.

Are you capable of independent thought Lakhota?

I'm on an ignore binge today and you are right on the cusp.

Is there any reason to believe that you will in the future add ANYTHING worthy of discussion to threads? Regurgitating the thoughts of others with snide one line remarks doesn't count.

Obama wants everyone to know it will take time to end the racism where the only thing that will effectively end it is to stop making a national headline everyday by race hustlers like Obama.

Makes sense.

It's sadly pathetic to watch racists try to blame blacks and Democrats for the racial divide.

What's sad is that you always have to post a quote from someone else then add your little "me to" one liner.

Is there any reason to believe that you will in the future add ANYTHING worthy of discussion to threads? Regurgitating the thoughts of others with snide one line remarks doesn't count.

Please, little peckerwood dude - put me on your IGNORE!!!!! I beg you!!!!!

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is prescribing time and vigilance to tackle problems as entrenched in American society as racism and bias.

In an interview with BET, the president described his conversation with a group of young civil rights activists, including a leader of protests in Ferguson, Missouri, he hosted last week in the Oval Office.

Obama said he told them that "this is something that is deeply rooted in our society, it's deeply rooted in our history."

America has made gains, and that "gives us hope" of making more progress, he said.

"We can't equate what is happening now to what was happening 50 years ago," Obama said, "and if you talk to your parents, grandparents, uncles, they'll tell you that things are better, not good in some places, but better."

Obama said he is advising young people to be persistent because "typically progress is in steps, it's in increments.

President Obama is correct - but none of us will ever live long enough to see it end. I can't even imagine how it can or will end. Will it ever end before humans become extinct?

WTF is wrong with that tard?

Please, little peckerwood dude - put me on your IGNORE!!!!!

Translation

"no"

Goodbye Liekhota

Obama: America's 'Deeply Rooted' Racism Will Take Time To Tackle

Even more, now that our first black President made it worse.

In the conservatives version of history I've personally heard spoken of many times, the slaves didn't really have it as bad as some say. No, they were given a place to live and a livelihood. They seem to interpret that movie, Song of the South, as if it was meant as a biographical depiction of how happy slaves really were.

No doubt, in this depiction of history, people who were trying to set the slaves free were rabble rousers who fostered race hatred by trying to disrupt an equitable system that provide the po' Black folk with a job and a home.

Do conservatives really think most people that that kind of tripe seriously? It only serves to make conservatives look like the racists other people say they are.

In the conservatives version of history....

Meanwhile, in the 21st Century, black idiots riot, and burn down businesses in their own community, because lies about their current "martyr" didn't result in the indictment of a cop.

It's sadly pathetic to watch ignorant racists try to blame blacks and Democrats for the racial divide.

He's an effing pompous blow hard moron. What a bunch of pointless gibberish that serves to do nothing except fan the flames of hatred. THIS is not the job of the president.

Oh
My
Fucking
God

only the most hard core fluffers think obama is not fanning the flames of hate himself

the leftist media is just as giddy,

dems are causing pain and suffering in the country on a scale not seen since the 60's, and there will be more deaths and they will cheer.

nothing but evil

44 :afro: is right.

ROFL biggest racist POS in this country... lecturing us on racism.

Yep, only a fucking idiot would claim that Obama hasn't made things WORSE.

Pitiful to, that could have been his legacy to finally END the racism.

I mean seriously. how much good could he have done if ONE time he would have stood up in the White House and said " Look , in THIS instance, the black man was wrong to claim racism?"

And NO ONE is truly stupid enough to believe that in 6 years Obama simply hasn't seen an instance of black man claiming racism where none existed.
Democrats benefit from racism. Why would they want to end a good thing?

If that's true the GOP should be working hard to end racism. I wonder why they aren't?

what is working hard to end racism? Is that a university degree you get?

Please, little peckerwood dude - put me on your IGNORE!!!!! I beg you!!!!!

you know that it is white conservatives who donate more to charity than any other demographic, right? You know it was Rush and white conservatives who gave hundreds of thousands to the BLACK LADY whose business was burned down by LIBERAL BLACK THUGS, right?

ROFL biggest racist POS in this country... lecturing us on racism.

Yep, only a fucking idiot would claim that Obama hasn't made things WORSE.

Pitiful to, that could have been his legacy to finally END the racism.

I mean seriously. how much good could he have done if ONE time he would have stood up in the White House and said " Look , in THIS instance, the black man was wrong to claim racism?"

And NO ONE is truly stupid enough to believe that in 6 years Obama simply hasn't seen an instance of black man claiming racism where none existed.
Democrats benefit from racism. Why would they want to end a good thing?

If that's true the GOP should be working hard to end racism. I wonder why they aren't?

what is working hard to end racism? Is that a university degree you get?

Maybe someone in your party should ask that to a black person. They sure don't seem to like you guys for some reason.

Another egregious breach of presidential protocol....
Obama keeps fanning the flames of racial distrust. What an asshole.

Forum List

Back