Obama: America's 'Deeply Rooted' Racism Will Take Time To Tackle

Obama: America's 'Deeply Rooted' Racism Will Take Time To Tackle

Even more, now that our first black President made it worse.

In the conservatives version of history I've personally heard spoken of many times, the slaves didn't really have it as bad as some say. No, they were given a place to live and a livelihood. They seem to interpret that movie, Song of the South, as if it was meant as a biographical depiction of how happy slaves really were.

No doubt, in this depiction of history, people who were trying to set the slaves free were rabble rousers who fostered race hatred by trying to disrupt an equitable system that provide the po' Black folk with a job and a home.

Do conservatives really think most people that that kind of tripe seriously? It only serves to make conservatives look like the racists other people say they are.

"In the conservatives version of history I've personally heard spoken of many times, the slaves didn't really have it as bad as some say."

That's interesting. I always hear the same thing said at rich liberal 1%er cocktail parties. With nose uplifted in the 'elite liberal' superiority mode.

You might be able to deal with racism if so many did make false claims of racism simply because they are pissed that something didn't go their way and get rid of those who use race baiting as a means to stay in the public eye.

th

POLL: Most See Race Relations Worsening Under Obama...

WIRE: America Coming Apart at Seams...

The bulk of racism in this country is directed at whites.

The poor downtrodden White man...

Not so much Mustang, it's the RACE HUSTLERS that make MILLIONS off the backs of aggravating racial disharmony!

I don't see where that's fundamentally different from people who claim to be Christians (like televangelists and erstwhile pastors with highly questionable ministries) who exploit believers or, even more specifically, conservatives writers, and talk radio hosts, and GOP candidates who exploit conservative angst at every twist of the road in order to enrich themselves and/or attain power of one kind or another.

The bulk of racism in this country is directed at whites.

The poor downtrodden White man...

Not so much Mustang, it's the RACE HUSTLERS that make MILLIONS off the backs of aggravating racial disharmony!

I don't see where that's fundamentally different from people who claim to be Christians (like televangelists and esrtwhile pastors with highly questionable ministries) who exploit believers or, even more specifically, conservatives writers, and talk radio hosts, and GOP candidates who exploit conservative angst at every twist of the road in order to enrich themselves and/or attain power of one kind or another.

How many of the "Christians' have been led to protest, loot, and burn down stores, along with shooting at police?

Neanderthal peckerwoods just don't get it.
No, the race baiters were creaming their pants, saying Ferguson was to be the next Selma. You got the old one's wanting to relive it, and you got your Obama wannabe's wanting to live it. Too bad it wasn't peaceful, and Obama gets the thanks for that.

As the slave picks up a tree branch to protect himself from from his plantation owner who is raising a whip to beat him, the slave owner says the following:

"Your actions in defying my lawful authority, and encouraging disobedience among your fellow slaves, and finally running away is sowing racial discord on our otherwise peaceful and harmonious God-given plantation which is a blessing from the Lord." You must be punished in accordance with our laws in order that we may reestablish the racial harmony which has benefited you and your family as well as me and mine."

Forum List

Back