Obama: All this darned media is putting “pressure” on our democracy

I haven't read up on the subject, the theory behind it, the positives and the negatives, the actual plan, etc.
FOXNews.com - The FCC Goes for the Nuclear Option
In its effort to imposing crippling net neutrality regulations on the Internet—an idea with very little support from the American public or Congress—the Obama administration first turned to the FCC simply to pretend Congress has given it authority to regulate.

That effort suffered a major setback when the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals emphatically smacked down the FCC’s regulatory proposals in Comcast v. FCC. President Obama and his close friend and FCC chairman Julius Genachowski, however, refuse to back down. Instead they’re escalating to the regulatory equivalent of a nuclear attack on the free-market Internet: Chairman Genachowski will announce today his intention to reclassify broadband Internet as an old-fashioned telephone system as a pretext for pervasive regulatory control.

Governmental control over the free flow of information reason enough to oppose this particular power grab.

And please don't let the fact that I linked to Fox news be your counterpoint. It was the first link that came up on Google.

It's not that it's FOX, it's that it's an Opinion piece. Another reason Obama's right, sheesh. You just linked me to an opinion piece when I said I haven't studied up on this subject. Hoping you don't consider this studying up, is all.

All he did was cite his spin on Events that happened. In order for me to form an opinion, I'd have to read on this shit for an hour or more to accurately pinpoint what it's all about and not simply divulge into what my inner rhetoritician tells me. That's just propoganda.

Yeah god fucking forbid you have to look something up your self. Is a transcript of a radio show acceptable or do i need to get government documents?

The FCC Announces Plans to Regulate the Internet | Nightly Business Report | PBS

FCC Aims for Middle Ground on Regulating Web - WSJ.com

FCC sets Internet regulation in motion | Signal Strength - CNET News

Comcast ruling raises questions on FCC regulation

That darn freedom of speech, expression, and the press. Boo freaking hoo, it's getting in Obama's way.

When liberals start whining about too much democracy what they are whining about is, they can't lie to us without someone cutting in and blurting out the truth. Oh boo freaking hoo, why can't liberals have a closed society like Stalin had.

This is why they are always admiring dictators like Castro. Dictators like Castro get to jail their detractors.

See it here: Hot Air Obama: All this darned media is putting “pressure” on our democracy

Oh boo freaking hoo, those darn Ipods, Xboxes and Ipads.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

He doesn't like that people can share negative opinions about his "fundementally transforming america"

It makes it much more difficult for him to ignore and intentionally destroy the limits the constitution put on the federal government if people can actually discuss what he is doing.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvJJP9AYgqU[/ame]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pompous is liberalism for he really does think I'm being "uppity."

I mean we "peasants" can't go around criticizing liberals like GT and Obama.

They know soooooooooooooooooo much more than we do!

Notice GT has ceased to even TRY and debate the subject. He's just attacking and whining.

That's what liberals do when they have totally lost the debate.

And in so doing reveal their true problem with too much "information/freedom of speech/press."

There are too many people on the other side of the issue that can mop the floor with them on any subject if they are allowed to discuss/debate/have free speech.

Damn that freedom of speech/press.

Liberals have been whining about that once, since they were still apologizing for Stalin in the 60s.

S0n, the debate on substance has BEEN over, now us elite and smarter than thou are just toying with your pea-sized brain. First off, you misinterpret what he says because you can't read. Secondly, you say that Obama's opinion on how there's lots of lies out there means he wants to surpress free speech, but don't even consider that using your same logic means you don't want Obama to have free speech........simply cuz you're complaining about his, like he did the lies. (do you know how logic works, or nah, pea brain?). I will not lie, it is fucking with such a mental midgit though. Me smawt, you dumb! I am elite! and thank youz!

jealous.jpg

A) I hate to break it to you but you are getting your butt kicked by a woman. I know that always hurts a male chauvenist, because they always try to morph me into a man. Talk about not being able to read. You notice my avatar lately? (doofus) :lol::lol:

B) When liberals are losing they try to claim you are making the same argument as them.

But it doesn't work.

Liberals always claim their free speech is being "infringed" if ANYONE criticizes their opinion.

That isn't infringing their free speech. We have the right to criticize back.

And then they try to claim you are making an argument not made. When you find where I have said Obama is crushing our free speech, let me know.

I never said that. I said Obama would LIKE too, and that's why he's whining about free speech. Same thing Clinton did, and liberals even tried to do so (in the 90s) with hate speech codes. It didn't work. It was easy to see through the attempt as an attempt to inhibit free speech.

No one has suggested Obama is trying to bring back the hate speech codes. But he definitely is WHINING about it, just as YOU ARE.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

C) Liberals are masters of projection, hence I that picture about jealousy fits your perfectly. :lol:

lmao, look, I stopped after A.

I knew you were a woman, hence the green woman depiction of you. I called you s0n for effect, because clearly I get to you and cause you to post 2, 000 character responses.

A bit of advice though: people can't really get their "butt kicked" over the internet. I think I told you this before but uh, you take this way too serious and seems you do need to grow up a bit. Seriously. You just gloated about "kicking butt!!" on the internet. A Life: get 1.

FOXNews.com - The FCC Goes for the Nuclear Option

Governmental control over the free flow of information reason enough to oppose this particular power grab.

And please don't let the fact that I linked to Fox news be your counterpoint. It was the first link that came up on Google.

It's not that it's FOX, it's that it's an Opinion piece. Another reason Obama's right, sheesh. You just linked me to an opinion piece when I said I haven't studied up on this subject. Hoping you don't consider this studying up, is all.

All he did was cite his spin on Events that happened. In order for me to form an opinion, I'd have to read on this shit for an hour or more to accurately pinpoint what it's all about and not simply divulge into what my inner rhetoritician tells me. That's just propoganda.

Yeah god fucking forbid you have to look something up your self. Is a transcript of a radio show acceptable or do i need to get government documents?

The FCC Announces Plans to Regulate the Internet | Nightly Business Report | PBS

Yea, I don't see anything about limiting speech at all. Thanks for the read, though.

"FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski is proposing to promote competition and preserve the free flow of Web traffic by applying to broadband Internet service certain provisions of rules designed to regulate traffic on copper-wire telephone networks."

Attention people!!: the reference to " I-pods" and "iphone's" and "playstations" was simply a diversion for what most people missed because they limit themselves to one form of media, or one talk show. Just recently, the the FCC under Frank Lloyd, tried to implement "net nuetrality", and was denied by the supreme court. They then came out with a statement that they would simply declare the Internet a "public utility" so they could regulate it. Now, the FTC is going to try the same thing with cable tv. The annointed ones speech was a prelude as to what his administration plans to do with th Internet, cable news, and talk radio. Am I the only one who was dumbfounded to hear the words "information is a hinderance and threatens our democracy"?? Listen to his words carefully because he is setting the stage for their attack on certain media outlets, ie; cable news, Internet bloggers, talk radio, IE; shutting up anyone who opposes his policies!! That's why his comments about not knowing how to work an iPod and such didn't make any sense,.... because it had nothing to do with these devices,... only the message that he intends to stop any and all forms of dissent! Where is the ACLU??,... Where are the cries from Hillary of "to dissent is American!"?? Where are the libs screaming for freedom of speech??

No, you're not. I too am extremely upset by DC's attack on our personal freedoms.

I was one of the group of "nutjobs" that was jumping up and down about the Patriot Act just after 9/11, when everyone was giving the Bush administration and all the alphabet soup guys (CIA/FBI/DHS/DEA/DOJ/INS, etc) free reign to intercept calls, emails and monitor our every move in the name of National Security. Heck, the cameras being all over NYC make me nervous, even though they obviously serve a purpose, it's just creepy to think that "Big Brother" has finally arrived, and it saddens me to realize how diminished our expectation of privacy has become.

Personally, I am not at all upset that Mr. Obama actually spoke what is in his heart, (I'm surprised that he showed his cards, though) because that gives Americans a heads up about what the government is about to attempt to do. I do hope the American public will stop screaming in each other's face long enough to take a look at what is going on. We need to realize what is about to happen to us unless we stand up and demand that they stop.

Every single one of us needs to be "screaming for freedom of speech". Regardless of our political bent, surely we don't want anyone to lose the freedom of expression, do we? We need to pay very close attention to what is coming up, because each and every freedom we have enjoyed as Americans are in jeopardy.....

ps, Much as some would like to think it possible, Obama is not going to become the first US dictator, so there will most likely be a party shift sometime in the future.....would you want a Republican administration deciding what is "truth" and what can be broadcast? Please think beyond 2012, folks.

"FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski is proposing to promote competition and preserve the free flow of Web traffic by applying to broadband Internet service certain provisions of rules designed to regulate traffic on copper-wire telephone networks."
Unadulterated bullshit.

Regulators, by definition, restrict the free flow of anything which they regulate.

Unadulterated bullshit.

Regulators, by definition, restrict the free flow of anything which they regulate.

Well, I suppose if you studied up on what they actually want to do like I felt obligated to do before I spoke on it, as opposed to just diverting to platitudes..........you might understand a little better than the idea is actually the antithesis of restriction. But hey, do you man. Do you.

Unadulterated bullshit.

Well, I suppose if you studied up on what they actually want to do like I felt obligated to do before I spoke on it, as opposed to just diverting to platitudes..........you might understand a little better than the idea is actually the antithesis of restriction. But hey, do you man. Do you.

All government regulation is restriction.

There is no need to regulate the free flow of information or of anything else for that matter.

Yea, I don't see anything about limiting speech at all. Thanks for the read, though.

Did I ever mention anything about limiting speech? No.

I mentioned the government regulation of the free flow of information.

I don't even know your political views,.... and frankly I don't care, but I wish EVERY American would read this post and act accordingly! The problem is that liberals are usually liberals before anything else. Just look at some of the posts on here. I applaud your reason...

I don't even know your political views,.... and frankly I don't care, but I wish EVERY American would read this post and act accordingly! The problem is that liberals are usually liberals before anything else. Just look at some of the posts on here. I applaud your reason...

thanks.

Wow. First of all, god damnit if you're old and fucking stupid stop talking about net neutrality. "Goverment regulation is restriction" oh my god you pansy shut up. I thought old people were supposed to be WISE not dumb as a bag of rocks.

Net neutrality is like having a national park on the internet. If the government doesn't do it, do you think corporations will preserve various plants and animals that human beings NEED TO SURVIVE? Wait, I've got a real life example, stupid fucks, the Amazon. I don't care about global warming or climate change too much (i'll be dead before then), but we HAVE lost many cures and vaccines because of NO REGULATION in those regions. SAME thing with net neutrality. They aren't controlling information, they are making certain that NO ONE can control it.

Are anti monopoly laws restriction? Some of you people's stupidity makes me believe in God, because it'll be a depressing day when evolution was responsible for producing some of you idiots.

As to this thread, what the fuck, aren't extreme right wingers always bitching about how the liberal media is taking over and spreading lies? On top of that, he's right, EVERYONE knows the exploitation of technology by multimedia industries has diluted and changed the way people perceive and respond to information. Now everything comes in bytes and catch phrases instead of more articulate, lengthier statements due to faster communication standards.

I mean, come the fuck on, who looks at a 12 year old on a cell phone texting and talking to his friends in class instead of doing work and says, "Yea, that information is totally helping him learn!"

I love coming back to USMB for a while, to laugh at the hopelessly ignorant is always a good thing to wake up to, but you guys can't be fucking serious with some of the things your saying.

I mean really, he played the RACE card at a HISTORICALLY BLACK COLLEGE??? Good God maybe this whole darwinism thing is wrong :(.

Yeah,.... because we were ALL just sitting around talking just the other day about how much we wish the "free flow" of the Internet was regulated by a govt. Agency so it could be.........free-er!,..... get a grip loser!!

Perhaps Obama should move to China...the government there seems to be on the same page with Obama concerning knowledge and information.

Attention people!!: the reference to " I-pods" and "iphone's" and "playstations" was simply a diversion for what most people missed because they limit themselves to one form of media, or one talk show. Just recently, the the FCC under Frank Lloyd, tried to implement "net nuetrality", and was denied by the supreme court. They then came out with a statement that they would simply declare the Internet a "public utility" so they could regulate it. Now, the FTC is going to try the same thing with cable tv. The annointed ones speech was a prelude as to what his administration plans to do with th Internet, cable news, and talk radio. Am I the only one who was dumbfounded to hear the words "information is a hinderance and threatens our democracy"?? Listen to his words carefully because he is setting the stage for their attack on certain media outlets, ie; cable news, Internet bloggers, talk radio, IE; shutting up anyone who opposes his policies!! That's why his comments about not knowing how to work an iPod and such didn't make any sense,.... because it had nothing to do with these devices,... only the message that he intends to stop any and all forms of dissent! Where is the ACLU??,... Where are the cries from Hillary of "to dissent is American!"?? Where are the libs screaming for freedom of speech??

No, you're not. I too am extremely upset by DC's attack on our personal freedoms.

I was one of the group of "nutjobs" that was jumping up and down about the Patriot Act just after 9/11, when everyone was giving the Bush administration and all the alphabet soup guys (CIA/FBI/DHS/DEA/DOJ/INS, etc) free reign to intercept calls, emails and monitor our every move in the name of National Security. Heck, the cameras being all over NYC make me nervous, even though they obviously serve a purpose, it's just creepy to think that "Big Brother" has finally arrived, and it saddens me to realize how diminished our expectation of privacy has become.

Personally, I am not at all upset that Mr. Obama actually spoke what is in his heart, (I'm surprised that he showed his cards, though) because that gives Americans a heads up about what the government is about to attempt to do. I do hope the American public will stop screaming in each other's face long enough to take a look at what is going on. We need to realize what is about to happen to us unless we stand up and demand that they stop.

Every single one of us needs to be "screaming for freedom of speech". Regardless of our political bent, surely we don't want anyone to lose the freedom of expression, do we? We need to pay very close attention to what is coming up, because each and every freedom we have enjoyed as Americans are in jeopardy.....

ps, Much as some would like to think it possible, Obama is not going to become the first US dictator, so there will most likely be a party shift sometime in the future.....would you want a Republican administration deciding what is "truth" and what can be broadcast? Please think beyond 2012, folks.

Unadulterated bullshit.

Good God your incredibly naive!! Again, I understand that your a liberal first,.. but you can't actually believe everything the pinheads in Washington tell you??,..... nobody's that stupid,.... even you!.....

Forum List

Back