Obama: All this darned media is putting “pressure” on our democracy

Knowledge is power. Information is power. The secreting or hoarding of knowledge or information may be an act of tyranny camouflaged as humility.

--Robin Morgan

Funny how the smartest president of all time now calls information a "distraction". Could it be he actually believes the only information we should be allowed to access be government approved?

Not information....MIS information.

In other words, Fox has the right to tell people lies and you have the right to not listen to them.

Yes and only Obama liberals and the state get to decide what is information and MISinformation, right????????

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That darn freedom of speech, expression, and the press. Boo freaking hoo, it's getting in Obama's way.

When liberals start whining about too much democracy what they are whining about is, they can't lie to us without someone cutting in and blurting out the truth. Oh boo freaking hoo, why can't liberals have a closed society like Stalin had.

This is why they are always admiring dictators like Castro. Dictators like Castro get to jail their detractors.

See it here: Hot Air Obama: All this darned media is putting “pressure” on our democracy

Oh boo freaking hoo, those darn Ipods, Xboxes and Ipads.

Teabagpartysamurai, read what he said. He is saying do not get all your information from Fox. If you do, your an idiot.

HE IS 100% CORRECT.

Get over it.

Yes, thinking is overrated, better just to have Obama tell me what's what.

"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think". - Adolf Hitler. To which, Zona, NYCarb and GT say, "So? What's so great about thinking for yourself?

I'm sure they would be happy if Obama could throw all Fox News people into the clink like the Gestapo of Germany. ;)

Seems to be a contradiction coming from such a "smart" man.

I never said he was smart.

I don't see it as a contradiction, as it was not a contradiction for the Bush admin to speak out against the LIBERAL MEDIA as they continually did do....

have you really forgotten this crap? Was it an issue THEN for you?

How many times do I have to tell you people who are incapable of thinking beyond the two party paradigm that I never was a GW supporter?

And I really don't remember a thread on the subject of GW's opinion of the media from years ago do you? But I do not remember GW ever pushing to regulate the internet as a public utility so as to subvert an appeals court decision and apply governmental controls over the free flow of information do you?

And that's what this thread is about. It is not and never was about Bush.

i'm not certain on what bush 2's view on this is, BUT I KNOW what his daddy's was and i know what Reagan's was and Reagan used his cronies in the fcc to eliminate the fairness doctrine without congress and the SC upheld it, and bush 1 used his veto power to prevent congress from reinstating it.

I may not agree with obama's moves with the FCC and what he wants it to be, but previous presidents, so called conservative presidents have used and dictated and regulated the FCC in the same manner.

I NEVER said you supported Bush, I asked if you supported his personal right to bitch about media?

LOL temper tantrums. Do you know, that smileys don't hide that you're pretty obsessed with your "me right you wrong!!" OCD? smh, sawwy saddle bagz, just read through your rants. They're classic

Yeah, I started this thread, just so I could argue with you.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo elitism or ego problems there!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Liberals hate it when you laugh at them. That's why they always whine about smileys.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I never said he was smart.

I don't see it as a contradiction, as it was not a contradiction for the Bush admin to speak out against the LIBERAL MEDIA as they continually did do....

have you really forgotten this crap? Was it an issue THEN for you?

How many times do I have to tell you people who are incapable of thinking beyond the two party paradigm that I never was a GW supporter?

And I really don't remember a thread on the subject of GW's opinion of the media from years ago do you? But I do not remember GW ever pushing to regulate the internet as a public utility so as to subvert an appeals court decision and apply governmental controls over the free flow of information do you?

i'm not certain on what bush 2's view on this is, BUT I KNOW what his daddy's was and i know what Reagan's was and Reagan used his cronies in the fcc to eliminate the fairness doctrine without congress and the SC upheld it, and bush 1 used his veto power to prevent congress from reinstating it.

I may not agree with obama's moves with the FCC and what he wants it to be, but previous presidents, so called conservative presidents have used and dictated and regulated the FCC in the same manner.

I NEVER said you supported Bush, I asked if you supported his personal right to bitch about media?

Yeah ending the Fairness Doctrine stopped all that freedom of speech right?

Lord, if liberals knew half of what they were talking about, they would be dangerous.

:lol::lol:

No, you're just so pompass and self righteous that you believe people's typed words advising you how batshit corny you are are......"whining."

Obama is the truth, the light and the way!

He leadeth me through green fields past the lies and distortions of talk radio, he freeth my mind from distractions on Fox News, no one comes to Allah but through his son, the Prophet Barack Husseih Obama, praise be his Holy Name

No, you're just so pompass and self righteous that you believe people's typed words advising you how batshit corny you are are......"whining."

Pompous is liberalism for he really does think I'm being "uppity."

I mean we "peasants" can't go around criticizing liberals like GT and Obama.

They know soooooooooooooooooo much more than we do!

Notice GT has ceased to even TRY and debate the subject. He's just attacking and whining.

That's what liberals do when they have totally lost the debate.

And in so doing reveal their true problem with too much "information/freedom of speech/press."

There are too many people on the other side of the issue that can mop the floor with them on any subject if they are allowed to discuss/debate/have free speech.

Damn that freedom of speech/press.

Liberals have been whining about that once, since they were still apologizing for Stalin in the 60s.

HEY, I think the Obama hatred has gone too far and IS hurting our country, and I think the whining little twits that make crap up just to get their obamaramadrama allocation in for the day ARE hurting our country....

Free speech is free speech and protected by the constitution if you are not lying....but if you are lying or not telling the whole truth, it is NOT protected speech....just in case you all did not know that....

think "Booooooooooooooooooooooosh" think "payback is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiitch" think "hypocrite" think "crybaby woosazz librul hypocrites"

All speech is free, but some is freer than others

Obama is making the same whine as Clinton did along the same lines that there is too much free speech and press.

But it all boils down to what Orwell said in Animal Farm.

All animals are equal but some are more equal than others.

Obama and liberals like GT thinks some speech/press should be more free than other speech -- especially speech that is coming from Fox News, the tea party, etc. etc. etc. ;)

Lord, if liberals knew half of what they were talking about, they would be dangerous.

you have reading comprehension problems this mornin'! :lol:

Reagan made moves with the FCC, without congress and eliminated a policy, a doctrine, that had been part of FCC regulating for over 80 years in our country, just by telling his FCC cronies to eliminate it.....

skull is bitching that obama wants to do this with the FCC for something...yahdeedah yahdeedah....

my point is this is nothing NEW for our presidents and the FCC.

HEY, I think the Obama hatred has gone too far and IS hurting our country, and I think the whining little twits that make crap up just to get their obamaramadrama allocation in for the day ARE hurting our country....

Free speech is free speech and protected by the constitution if you are not lying....but if you are lying or not telling the whole truth, it is NOT protected speech....just in case you all did not know that....

think "Booooooooooooooooooooooosh" think "payback is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiitch" think "hypocrite" think "crybaby woosazz librul hypocrites"

It's pretty funny considering how batcrap crazy they went all during the Bush admin that they would turn on a dime and lecture us about free speech and protest.

you have reading comprehension problems this mornin'! :lol:

Reagan made moves with the FCC, without congress and eliminated a policy, a doctrine, that had been part of FCC regulating for over 80 years in our country, just by telling his FCC cronies to eliminate it.....

skull is bitching that obama wants to do this with the FCC for something...yahdeedah yahdeedah....

my point is this is nothing NEW for our presidents and the FCC.

Only Reagan was taking AWAY some control from the FCC and giving radio more freedom and Obama wants to ADD more control and to something where the FCC has NEVER had power and that's the internet.

Nice try playing moral relativism, but they aren't the same.

Now go back and ask your teacher what he/she says to that.

Notice GT has ceased to even TRY and debate the subject. He's just attacking and whining.

And in so doing reveal their true problem with too much "information/freedom of speech/press."

There are too many people on the other side of the issue that can mop the floor with them on any subject if they are allowed to discuss/debate/have free speech.

Liberals have been whining about that once, since they were still apologizing for Stalin in the 60s.

S0n, the debate on substance has BEEN over, now us elite and smarter than thou are just toying with your pea-sized brain. First off, you misinterpret what he says because you can't read. Secondly, you say that Obama's opinion on how there's lots of lies out there means he wants to surpress free speech, but don't even consider that using your same logic means you don't want Obama to have free speech........simply cuz you're complaining about his, like he did the lies. (do you know how logic works, or nah, pea brain?). I will not lie, it is fucking with such a mental midgit though. Me smawt, you dumb! I am elite! and thank youz!

jealous.jpg

S0n, the debate on substance has BEEN over, now us elite and smarter than thou are just toying with your pea-sized brain. First off, you misinterpret what he says because you can't read. Secondly, you say that Obama's opinion on how there's lots of lies out there means he wants to surpress free speech, but don't even consider that using your same logic means you don't want Obama to have free speech........simply cuz you're complaining about his, like he did the lies. (do you know how logic works, or nah, pea brain?). I will not lie, it is fucking with such a mental midgit though. Me smawt, you dumb! I am elite! and thank youz!

jealous.jpg

A) I hate to break it to you but you are getting your butt kicked by a woman. I know that always hurts a male chauvenist, because they always try to morph me into a man. Talk about not being able to read. You notice my avatar lately? (doofus) :lol::lol:

B) When liberals are losing they try to claim you are making the same argument as them.

But it doesn't work.

Liberals always claim their free speech is being "infringed" if ANYONE criticizes their opinion.

That isn't infringing their free speech. We have the right to criticize back.

And then they try to claim you are making an argument not made. When you find where I have said Obama is crushing our free speech, let me know.

I never said that. I said Obama would LIKE too, and that's why he's whining about free speech. Same thing Clinton did, and liberals even tried to do so (in the 90s) with hate speech codes. It didn't work. It was easy to see through the attempt as an attempt to inhibit free speech.

No one has suggested Obama is trying to bring back the hate speech codes. But he definitely is WHINING about it, just as YOU ARE.

C) Liberals are masters of projection, hence I that picture about jealousy fits your perfectly. :lol:

Last edited:
Who still wants to argue that liberals don't even read the op before using THEIR MARCHING ORDERS against conservative sites???

I mean I don't even USE WMD as a source, but does that stop liberal morons?

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

They say more about themselves than the op.

All I did was point out that the OP either didn't read his own link, or LIED about it. He can come back and defend himself any way he wants. That's HIS right.

Okay, you're laughable because I'm the one that made the op and it isn't from WMD.

Keep going.

The threads have been merged, idiot.

All I did was point out that the OP either didn't read his own link, or LIED about it. He can come back and defend himself any way he wants. That's HIS right.

Okay, you're laughable because I'm the one that made the op and it isn't from WMD.

Keep going.

The threads have been merged, idiot.

All that proves is your post is twice as wrong, since that means MORE THAN ONE SOURCE COVERS THE STORY.

Besides are you saying the Obama speech never happened, because my op has the video.

So, nice try but we can see who is the idiot.

In other words GT agrees with Obama that there is just too darn much freedom of speech and press.

Boo freaking hoo!

The president said no such thing and implied no such thing. He was however, lamenting the dishonesty of much that you see around the 'new media'. Your post would be a perfect example.

See this is liberalism 101. They are at constant war with the obvious. They deny what you say is true and THEN in the same breathe confirm what you say is true.

So, the president implied no such thing about their being too much freedom of speech/press, but lamenting there is too much "dishonesty" like "you."

"Dishonesty" in the liberal lexicon/dictionary means "any opinion but mine."

So, in other words Obama IS complaining about their being too much freedom of speech/pressm, you agree there is, and you cite ME and my DARING to rely on the 1st amendment as authority to do the same.

Oh how dare I!

:lol::lol::lol:

He made no complaint whatsoever about too much freedom of the press. That is the talking point you (and obviously thousands of other wingnuts on the internet) have been assigned to advance.

It's simply a lie, which makes you a liar. It's not that complicated.

The president said no such thing and implied no such thing. He was however, lamenting the dishonesty of much that you see around the 'new media'. Your post would be a perfect example.

See this is liberalism 101. They are at constant war with the obvious. They deny what you say is true and THEN in the same breathe confirm what you say is true.

So, the president implied no such thing about their being too much freedom of speech/press, but lamenting there is too much "dishonesty" like "you."

"Dishonesty" in the liberal lexicon/dictionary means "any opinion but mine."

So, in other words Obama IS complaining about their being too much freedom of speech/pressm, you agree there is, and you cite ME and my DARING to rely on the 1st amendment as authority to do the same.

Oh how dare I!

He made no complaint whatsoever about too much freedom of the press. That is the talking point you (and obviously thousands of other wingnuts on the internet) have been assigned to advance.

It's simply a lie, which makes you a liar. It's not that complicated.

Yeah yeah yeah, you keep claiming that.

We have seen the video:

Forum List

Back