Obama Admits He Didn't Want Low Gas Prices

Are you like, deaf? He doesn't say anything like that there.

The POTUS can't spike (or drop) gas prices anyway, even if he wanted to. Oil doesn't work that way. The price of petrol has nothing to do with the POTUS.

Didn't we just do this? Were you going "la la la can't hear you"?

Obama: I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment. The fact that this is such a shock to American pocketbooks is not a good thing.

The claim that won rsquo t die Did Obama want higher gas prices - The Washington Post

Would he prefer a gradual adjustment DOWN????

From the same "debunking" article...
In both instances we’ve cited, Obama suggested he’s averse to letting gas prices shock families’ finances. In his White House remarks, he said point blank: “I want gas prices lower.”
Has the president taken adequate steps to make that happen?

So what actions HAS Obama taken to make lower prices???
Zero!
On the contrary he has signed fewer federal oil leases
The number of oil and gas leases granted by the federal government in the western United States declined by 44 percent during the first two years of the Obama administration versus the last two years of the Bush presidency, according to a new study prepared for the American Petroleum Institute (API) by EIS Solutions.
Study Feds Approving Fewer Oil and Gas Leases Heartlander Magazine
View attachment 32632
Bush Vs. Obama On Gasoline Prices In One Very Simple Picture Start Thinking Right

very good ! another irrelevant chart that proves absolutely NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH ..

NEITHER POTUS had or has a damn bit of control on gas prices .... you're an idiot.

It's good for oil companies. But I wonder where we'd be now if American ingenuity had been faced with the same gas prices the rest of the world dealt with for the last thirty years. On to something better, is my guess. But we're not. We're mired in whining for low gas prices.

Yeah....that's all fascinating..the things you "imagine" and the things you "wonder" about...

Now, back to reality.

Oil is what the entire world runs on. There are no viable alternatives yet.

Crippling america by over regulating and purposely inhibiting exploration and production only makes us more dependent on foreign oil rather than becoming energy independent...it also costs thousands of jobs directly and many more thousands in related industries and does not help the country in any way....but obama knows all that.

Good for you. A loyal Republican. Go team!

It's good for oil companies. But I wonder where we'd be now if American ingenuity had been faced with the same gas prices the rest of the world dealt with for the last thirty years. On to something better, is my guess. But we're not. We're mired in whining for low gas prices.

Yeah....that's all fascinating..the things you "imagine" and the things you "wonder" about...

Now, back to reality.

Crippling america by over regulating and purposely inhibiting exploration and production only makes us more dependent on foreign oil rather than becoming energy independent...it also costs thousands of jobs directly and many more thousands in related industries and does not help the country in any way....but obama knows all that.

over regulation and inhibiting exploration is exactly why our current reserves are sitting on record highs.. (ES , just for the simpletons)

go ahead and preach to the RW's, they're the only idiots capable of absorbing your rhetoric ... by all means, continue.

Last edited:

Now, back to reality.

over regulation and inhibiting exploration is exactly why our current reserves are sitting on record highs..

Don't just say it..prove it. Talk is cheap....as you know.

Now, back to reality.

Good for you. A loyal Republican. Go team!

Republican?..LMAO..there's most of your problem..you're completely wound up in hyperpartisan dogma...doesn't matter if I'm a republican, democrat or a whig...The truth is large. The entire world runs on oil and crippling american production and exploration doesn't help this country.

Now, back to reality.

over regulation and inhibiting exploration is exactly why our current reserves are sitting on record highs..

Don't just say it..prove it. Talk is cheap....as you know.

I've already proven that on this thread ... do try and keep up.

next contestant please ..

Nope..you dodged...Post the link proving your claim.

another lazy ass wanting a responsible person to do his research ..

if you insist LA

U.S. Oil production in 2015 to be highest since 1972 America s Markets

regulation/inhibiting exploration results ..

nowhere does it say that more regulations and inhibiting exploration has led to higher oil reserves....You made that up.

if you insist LA

nowhere does it say that more regulations and inhibiting exploration has led to higher oil reserves....You made that up.

my sarcasm escapes you, another simpleton.

now go away little boy, take your ball to another playground you no longer amuse me.

if you insist LA

now go away little boy, take your ball to another playground you no longer amuse me.

I know why you aren't amused, too...you just got exposed...again...All good. I made my point.

if you insist LA

I know why you aren't amused, too...you just got exposed...again...All good. I made my point.

wear a cap maybe nobody will notice.

The POTUS can't spike (or drop) gas prices anyway, even if he wanted to. Oil doesn't work that way. The price of petrol has nothing to do with the POTUS.

Obama: I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment. The fact that this is such a shock to American pocketbooks is not a good thing.

The claim that won rsquo t die Did Obama want higher gas prices - The Washington Post

In both instances we’ve cited, Obama suggested he’s averse to letting gas prices shock families’ finances. In his White House remarks, he said point blank: “I want gas prices lower.”

Zero!
The number of oil and gas leases granted by the federal government in the western United States declined by 44 percent during the first two years of the Obama administration versus the last two years of the Bush presidency, according to a new study prepared for the American Petroleum Institute (API) by EIS Solutions.
View attachment 32632
Bush Vs. Obama On Gasoline Prices In One Very Simple Picture Start Thinking Right

very good ! another irrelevant chart that proves absolutely NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH ..

NEITHER POTUS had or has a damn bit of control on gas prices .... you're an idiot.

So I guess the far left will claim this with a (D) in office, but watch them change their tune when an (R) gets in office.

And yes presidents/Congress can influence/affect gas prices.

Zero!
View attachment 32632

So I guess the far left will claim this with a (D) in office, but watch them change their tune when an (R) gets in office.

And yes presidents/Congress can influence/affect gas prices.

No, they cannot. Other than passing federal excise taxes but the price of oil (and hence gasoline) is determined by the fluctuations of the international oil market as a fungible commodity.

Canada's experiencing the exact same price drop so feel free to 'splain to the rest of us how O'bama and Congress do that.

It's possible- see W Bush deregulating and allowing out of control speculation, over $4.00 prices just before his whole corrupt contraption collapsed...

He gives his reasons for wanting prices to be higher right there in the video
I cannot find the video. Probably because it has been taken down.
Obama was being interviewed and on energy explained that his proposals would "necessarily bankrupt the coal industry"....He also said "he would be comfortable with four dollar gasoline"
Obama is 100% opposed to fossil fuels. He has this pie in the sky notion that if he can with the stroke of a pen force us to use other energy sources.
Not satisfied with the pace at which research and development of alternative fuels, Obama wants to ram "conservation" down our throats with a domestic energy policy that can never work, but as long as we're being fleeced at the pump, he's ok with that.

gas prices are falling

an old youtube rising gas price vid is relevant how?

lol

Forum List

Back