Obama Administration Silent After Egyptian Constitution Restores Slavery

Did you miss the part of the constitution that makes religious education compulsory for all schools, including universities, or the part that declares that Islam is the state religion?

Not quite. It says:

Religious education and national history are core subjects of pre-university education in all its forms.
The state religion of Great Bristan is the Episcopal Church, btw. Sharia has also been encoded in Egypt's constitution since 1980.

• The State shall safeguard ethics, public morality and public order, and foster a high level of education and of religious and patriotic values, scientific thinking, Arab culture, and the historical and cultural heritage of the people; all as shall be regulated by law.

• The State shall safeguard the cultural and linguistic constituents of society, and foster the Arabization of education, science and knowledge.

I guess you forgot how to read, how convenient.

To the contrary, moron, it seems that those clauses don't support your claim that religious education is madnatory at the university level. You also ignore the plain wording of the article that says it's a core subject at the pre-university level.

Last edited:
The clowns who wanted to prop up Mubarak now suddenly have 'religion' when it comes to undemocratic regimes?

lol

The jerks who argue that God does not exist, and that all people should be free from religion, suddenly think official state religions are wonderful.

Regardless of my belief, I don't think a state religion is "wonderful". However, pretending this is something new in Egypt shows what fucking morons some people are. It's been part of Egypt's constitution since 1980. Funny how many of those who think that Christianity should be the source of law are whining like little bitches, when another country decides to use a different religion.

Also, regardless of my personal belief, I was brought up to respect the religious beliefs of others.

Please show us where that is written in the Constitution.

It's written into the amendment process in the Constitution. Slavery was ended by amendment; it could be reinstated by amendment.

Slavery was ended by executive decree, the amendment process just formalized it.

Wrong, moron. Slavery in the states of rebellion was ended by decree. It was ended for all states by the constitutional amendment process.

Obamas gift to the people of Egypt. Sharia law: death to apostates from Islam; “charitable” contributions to those fighting jihad (expressly defined as “war against non-Muslims”); discrimination against women; discrimination against non-Muslims; death to homosexuals; death to those who spy against Muslims; death by stoning for adulterers; and so on.

Sharia has been the basis for Egyptian law has been in effect since Sadat signed the amendment in 1980. Don't let facts get in the way of your being a fucking idiot.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: obama helps put slavery back into place? priceless.

On what fucking planet are you from where, in Egypt they havent even voted on anything and you say Obama helps put slavery back, you have got to be one of the dumbest fucks on this planet....... "under bush boy sex slavery rose in the camel racing industry in middle eastern countries" does they mean bush helped it happen, your argument is weak as shit just like your sorry ass.

If Obama is to be held responsible for those things in the Egyptian Constitution which y'all find offense, and if that's to be considered a bad thing, then who is responsible for THESE Constitutions and is it still a bad thing?

Article 2:
First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:

A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

Iraq Constitution---2005

Full Text of Iraqi Constitution

Article One
Afghanistan shall be an Islamic Republic, independent, unitary and indivisible state.

Article Three
No law shall contravene the tenets and provisions of the holy religion of Islam in Afghanistan.

Article Seventeen
The state shall adopt necessary measures to foster education at all levels, develop religious teachings, regulate and improve the conditions of mosques, religious schools as well as religious centers.

Article Forty-Five
The state shall devise and implement a unified educational curricula based on the tenets of the sacred religion of Islam, national culture as well as academic principles, and develop religious subjects curricula for schools on the basis of existing Islamic sects in Afghanistan.

Afghanistan Constitution----2004

Constitution | The Embassy of Afghanistan, Washington, D.C.

Tell us, specifically, what Obama should have done.

Yes, please feel free to explain how exactly Obama is ‘responsible’ for any of the above, or what he might have done differently to avoid such events.

what do you think?

I think the attacks on Obama over Egypt are gratuitous Obama bashing,

and so far I've been proven correct. NO ONE can put forth an alternative plan of action that Obama should have pursued in order to keep Mubarak in power - that being the preferable scenario to so many of you.

Which is stupid and has nothing to do with the fact that slavery could be brought back constitutionally.

It has something to do with your understanding of history.

Tell us why slavery was legal, for example, in the state of Kentucky until the 13th amendment passed, then,

and we'll see where you are on the history ladder.

Most of the slaves in Kentucky were freed to fight in the Civil War, others escaped. The state legislature was powerless to do anything about the few that were left because the state constitution was specifically drafted to favor slavery in 1849.

Kentucky did not ratify the 13th Amendment until after I graduated from High School.

What's your point?

Obamas gift to the people of Egypt. Sharia law: death to apostates from Islam; “charitable” contributions to those fighting jihad (expressly defined as “war against non-Muslims”); discrimination against women; discrimination against non-Muslims; death to homosexuals; death to those who spy against Muslims; death by stoning for adulterers; and so on.

Tell us, specifically, what Obama should have done.

Yes, please feel free to explain how exactly Obama is ‘responsible’ for any of the above, or what he might have done differently to avoid such events.

Did you jump in and demand that everyone who was giving Obama credit for the Arab Spring and the fall of Mubarek explain how he was responsible for those events? If you didn't, keep your mouth shut about the rest of us giving him credit for the natural results of his actions.

Not quite. It says:

The state religion of Great Bristan is the Episcopal Church, btw. Sharia has also been encoded in Egypt's constitution since 1980.

• The State shall safeguard ethics, public morality and public order, and foster a high level of education and of religious and patriotic values, scientific thinking, Arab culture, and the historical and cultural heritage of the people; all as shall be regulated by law.

• The State shall safeguard the cultural and linguistic constituents of society, and foster the Arabization of education, science and knowledge.

I guess you forgot how to read, how convenient.

To the contrary, moron, it seems that those clauses don't support your claim that religious education is madnatory at the university level. You also ignore the plain wording of the article that says it's a core subject at the pre-university level.

What do you think the Arabization of science is about? Isn't science supposed to be about facts, not culture?

The clowns who wanted to prop up Mubarak now suddenly have 'religion' when it comes to undemocratic regimes?

lol

The jerks who argue that God does not exist, and that all people should be free from religion, suddenly think official state religions are wonderful.

Regardless of my belief, I don't think a state religion is "wonderful". However, pretending this is something new in Egypt shows what fucking morons some people are. It's been part of Egypt's constitution since 1980. Funny how many of those who think that Christianity should be the source of law are whining like little bitches, when another country decides to use a different religion.

Also, regardless of my personal belief, I was brought up to respect the religious beliefs of others.

You respect religious beliefs that say that anyone who doesn't believe in god or who insults preachers should be killed? Why don't I believe you?

It's written into the amendment process in the Constitution. Slavery was ended by amendment; it could be reinstated by amendment.

Slavery was ended by executive decree, the amendment process just formalized it.

Wrong, moron. Slavery in the states of rebellion was ended by decree. It was ended for all states by the constitutional amendment process.

Try going back and reading what I actually posted instead of responding to what you think I said.

If Obama is to be held responsible for those things in the Egyptian Constitution which y'all find offense, and if that's to be considered a bad thing, then who is responsible for THESE Constitutions and is it still a bad thing?

Article 2:
First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:

A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

Iraq Constitution---2005

Article One
Afghanistan shall be an Islamic Republic, independent, unitary and indivisible state.

Article Three
No law shall contravene the tenets and provisions of the holy religion of Islam in Afghanistan.

Article Seventeen
The state shall adopt necessary measures to foster education at all levels, develop religious teachings, regulate and improve the conditions of mosques, religious schools as well as religious centers.

Article Forty-Five
The state shall devise and implement a unified educational curricula based on the tenets of the sacred religion of Islam, national culture as well as academic principles, and develop religious subjects curricula for schools on the basis of existing Islamic sects in Afghanistan.

did you come in and ask people who gave Obama credit for what happened in Egypt what made him responsible for those events?

Didn't think so.

Why don't we wait to see the real proposed Constitution instead of relying on opinions from places like Jihadwatch, which might be a little biased....don't you think? :rolleyes:

No one waits for facts on anything else here. Why is this different?

Our Constitution permits slavery, if enough people want it.

Not really. I see what you are saying, but slavery would have to be found unconstitutional because it is unconstitutional. In America. And maybe everywhere if you accept that our constitution applies to everyone in the world, as many do believe.

The OP is based on a falsehood, btw. Not to mention that we don't write other country's constitutions unless we annex them.

Article 2:

Iraq Constitution---2005

Article One

Article Three

Article Seventeen

Article Forty-Five

did you come in and ask people who gave Obama credit for what happened in Egypt what made him responsible for those events?

Didn't think so.

Don't want to answer, huh?

I don't blame you because to do so reveals the lie of this whole thread.

Article 2:

Iraq Constitution---2005

Article One

Article Three

Article Seventeen

Article Forty-Five

Didn't think so.

Don't want to answer, huh?

I don't blame you because to do so reveals the lie of this whole thread.

Feel free to point out where I blame Obama instead of just insisting that people who blame Bush for Iraq's constitution, or who think Obama deserves credit for the Arab Spring, be consistent.

Forum List

Back