Obama administration blames Bush for airport security failures

Fact is...we won and Al Qaeda lost

They planned this attack for months, found gaps in the system, trained an operative, tested the explosives, exploited our weakness...and the result?

Their man set his crotch on fire

Now, all their work is a waste. All the gaps get closed, they missed their shot and get no positive publicity out of an inept attempt
The jihadist got on the plane to set his crotch on fire.

This was a massive failure of gubmint bureaucracy, from Janet Incompetano all the way down to the fatassed bovine doing the passenger screening.

Fucking hack.

We won...Al Qaeda dropped the ball

Just like a TD pass in the receivers hands and he drops it. The same play won't work next time. Al Qaeda took their shot and the guy set his crotch on fire....OOOps

Almost a duplicate of the show bomber. Al Qaeda had a chance and fucked it up

We win....they lose

Yes, but winning purely because of luck isn't a good thing.

This was a massive failure of gubmint bureaucracy, from Janet Incompetano all the way down to the fatassed bovine doing the passenger screening.

Fucking hack.

Just like a TD pass in the receivers hands and he drops it. The same play won't work next time. Al Qaeda took their shot and the guy set his crotch on fire....OOOps

We win....they lose

Of course not. Just like that sure TD pass that gets dropped its a woulda, coulda, shoulda for Al Qaeda. This was not luck. Al Qaeda fucked up the execution. The world will reassess its security procedures. Especially in hell holes like Nigeria. Security will get stronger, Al Qaeda will keep trying

But for now. This is far from a victory for Al Qaeda.

Last edited:

Fucking hack.

We win....they lose

Curious....do you also believe they lost with the shoe bomber?
Almost the exact same scenario....coulda shoulda woulda....but it didnt ignite.
Was that also a loss for Al-quaeda?

Yes, same scenario. They found a weakness, exploited it and fucked up the execution

In neither case could Al Qaeda use the incident as a recruiting tool to show how they are putting it to the West. In fact, the west is beating the shit out of Al Qaeda

Fucking hack.

We win....they lose

Yes....but lets put that aside for a minute....

I asked whether or not the shoe bomber was ALSO a victory for us...and a loss for Al-Qaeda....

Well....seeing as there was no explosion, then I guess WR would see it as a win for us.

Really?

The result is 90 year old great grandmothers must take their shoes off before boarding a plane. Some win.

So I am curious...is having to walk on a plane naked the rewards of a win? I mean....exactly how else are they going to ensure a 90 year old grandmother does not have a condom of powder explosive shoved up her butt?

I love how these leftists think. Totally clueless

We win....they lose

Curious....do you also believe they lost with the shoe bomber?
Almost the exact same scenario....coulda shoulda woulda....but it didnt ignite.
Was that also a loss for Al-quaeda?

Yes, same scenario. They found a weakness, exploited it and fucked up the execution

In neither case could Al Qaeda use the incident as a recruiting tool to show how they are putting it to the West. In fact, the west is beating the shit out of Al Qaeda

And they made us change our lives forever.
Some victory.
Time to take your leftist progressive liberal blinders off and see what is happening.

Now if you can proove to me Obama had people like John O'Neil and Richard Clark who are anti terror experts trying hard to tell him that this attack was comingand being told to shut up about it then maybe you have a point.

I dont fly anymore because I dont thinkits worth it.

We allowed as a country Bush abd team to whip us into a fear frenzy, it was our own fault.

The Des Moines Conservative Examiner? Nice opinion piece. You know, this guy's visa was issued in June of 2008 during the previous administration. Just sayin'. And is she not right? Are we not still using the security measures put in place by the Bush administration? Are they still faulty? Obviously, they are. How is that blaming Bush for anything? Seems like these nutjobs will try anything to get around security to pull off their stunts - Ie igniting shoes, underwear etc.... What would you recommend instead?

As a matter of fact she is wrong. This guy went to one of the best schools in Africa. His father was a respected banker in Nigeria. It was after that when things went bad. It is absolutely amazing that you would try to trump up President Bush as an at-fault person here. If you insist on blaming the top guy, then I must conclude that Obama is completely to blame and should resign immediately. Of course, that is not what should happen either. Some day you and your president need to own up to responsibility. Until then, I'll consider you just another one of the clown posse Obama surrounds himself with.

I would recommend that we not allow anyone on the watch list into the US. A person can apply from the watch list, but it would require a background check at that time to clear them. Also, I would suggest an air marshall or two be on that flight.

1. For some reason, most of the people who are doing this come from comfortable backgrounds and are well-educated.

2. Yes, the procedures were implemented during the last admin, but there is nothing wrong with the procedures as they exist. The problem was with the failure of their implementation.

3. Had the people in Amsterdam done what they should have, the guy should have been flagged.... he bought a ONE-WAY TICKET, IN CASH and had no checked luggage. That should have singled him out for special screening.... at which point they'd have found explosive residue and he'd have been detained.

4. I'm not sure who does the screening in AMSTERDAM, but I'm pretty sure they don't work for us.

Bush policies have been scrubbed.

That is what Obama is supposed to do...get rid of what wasn't working and leave in place what was working.

It's his baby now.

I am sick of this crap. They have blamed George Bush for every single problem in the world. Now, when their system fails, Obama's minions do it again.

Obama administration blames Bush for airport security failures

Under that logic 9/11 is Bill Clinton's Fault and you can blame vietnam on FDR (so what i skipped a president or two)

I have actually seen cons claim 911 was Clintons fault

I have too. It wasn't clinton's or Bush's "fault" I blame the people that did it.

I blame the security failures squarely on both Clinton and Bush as neither did enough in regards to this type of security (and i have to say i dont think either expected something like 9/11 to happen).

Bush had stuff he could have done better prior to 9/11, clinton had stuff he could have done differently that would have possibly averted 9/11.....but to blame one or the other then let that divide us amoungst ourselves as citizens is just wrong, IMO.

Can anyone give me the quote that proves the thread title true? I asked anakin but he must have bunkered down in his cave.

Under that logic 9/11 is Bill Clinton's Fault and you can blame vietnam on FDR (so what i skipped a president or two)

I have actually seen cons claim 911 was Clintons fault

I have too. It wasn't clinton's or Bush's "fault" I blame the people that did it.

I blame the security failures squarely on both Clinton and Bush as neither did enough in regards to this type of security (and i have to say i dont think either expected something like 9/11 to happen).

Bush had stuff he could have done better prior to 9/11, clinton had stuff he could have done differently that would have possibly averted 9/11.....but to blame one or the other then let that divide us amoungst ourselves as citizens is just wrong, IMO.

I think the blame-throwing was done in self-defense.

It takes about 7 months for an Administration's policies to take effect.

But it also helps when you have a President that is genuinely concerned about national security before it becomes a serious issue.

Now if you can proove to me Obama had people like John O'Neil and Richard Clark who are anti terror experts trying hard to tell him that this attack was comingand being told to shut up about it then maybe you have a point.

The pantybomber's own father, a powerful govt official in his own country, told our security agencies about his son's radicalization and terrorist intentions....yet no one in our government put him on a "no fly" list.

I know this isn't the specific type of proof you asked for but it is true and shows a failure within the government under Obama/nepolatano.....however like I said above i'm not blaming obama for some guy trying to blow his balls off and kill a bunch of people on a plane.

Whaaaat?

Hey dumpling, only 6% of scientists are Republican. Why, because they simply aren't able to "learn". Or maybe it's because for them, things have to be "simple". Or possibly because they belong to a separate species, "Homo Simpleton".

Republicans solving problems:

teen-bam-bam-comstume.jpg

Wow a picture of rdean. :cool:

I was dressing up to blend in at a Republican Fundraiser.

you succeeded. by god you are repub

Forum List

Back