Obama Achievement That Should Have Been Enacted After 9-11 by Bush

Piffle. Not to mention faulty logic. Actually, it's a LACK of logic. That's your forté, alright.

Cafe Standards don't kill. Car accidents kill. That includes things like:

bad drivers
drunk drivers
tired drivers
not wearing seat belts and/or shoulder harnesses
driving too fast for conditions
tailgaiting
distracted driving (as in texting, or talking on a cell phone, or smoking, etc)

A completely remarkable example of your inability to handle ANY valid logic.

Listen up you imbecile.

Accidents happen.

GIVEN that accidents happen, it would be kind of "nice" to make our vehicles more survivable, you douche bag.

CAFE standards are the antithesis of that.

Get your head from out of your colon, shithead.

CAFE "standards" are responsible for lots of perfectly avoidable deaths and lots of perfectly avoidable serious physical injuries.

Get RID of all CAFE standards.

Save lives.

Yer the imbecile.

Highway fatalities in number and as a percentage of the population have been dropping for years.

44,525 people were killed on the nation's roads in 1975 when the population was just shy of 216 million people.

33,808 people were killed on the nation's roads in 2009 when the population was almost 307 million people.

List of motor vehicle deaths in U.S. by year - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Based mostly on seat belts.

But if you think an automobile that is made of mostly plastic so it can get 28 MPG is safer than a 1972 Impala made of all steel except for the light domes....then you are allowing your ideology to get in the way of logic.

it is selfish for you to put your boat ahead of the better good for all of mankind.
I wonder if them Mao jackets come in any color other than gray! :lol:

Good way of dodging my point. How many people have to tow boats, and how often?
Never lived in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, or anywhere else that has nomerous accessible waterways, have you?

In any case, what fucking business is it of yours in the first place?

"the vehicles themselves are outlawed"

The vehicles won't be, their MPG will need to change. That's my point. Are you guys saying you want to keep the big, fast cars, or what? If-so, why in your estimation won't entrepreneurs begin researching howe to make bif, fast, fuel efficient cars?

Or is poor fuel efficiency your true demand? How's that work?

Your faith in science and innovation is, for the most part, commendable even if it makes assumptions about our technical and manufacturing abilities that outstrip reality.

But as long as the "requirements" are being imposed , without regard to present day technological ability, by bureaucrats who are deficient in the understandings of science, then the practical effect remains the outlawing of automobiles of the size and with the safety factors we deserve to have.

I think that, before you talk about what Politicians don't know about what's possible in the auto-industry............you should study up on it yourself. Just saying. give it a shot.

You mean to tell me, that we can teleport light particles....that we have unmanned aircraft.........that we basically can wipe our ass with mach speed aircraft.............that we can't build a safe car that can go fast and simultaneously has great fuel efficiency?>

You, of course, don't know what what I know or have already learned. In fact, you have exactly no idea.

So let's dispense with your preconceived notions and your banal banter.

Just saying.

Yes, we have already teleported light particles. Cool stuff certainly, but with no practical utility in it, yet; and possibly none for a LONG motherfucking time.

Yes, we have unmanned aircraft. They do amazing things. Sometimes they crash, however. And they are often remarkably labor intensive.

Fast aircraft obviously exist, though I don't recommend you try wiping your ass with them.

All of that proves what? That humankind has some great scientific knowledge and remarkable potential? Agreed.

That is FAR from saying that the generally lengthy interval between innovation and manufacturing technology justifies the interference by often ignorant politicians and bureaucrats in our market economy.

They have already tried that. The result has been more fuel efficiency. CAFE standards HAVE "worked" in that problematically limited sense. But overall SAFETY for motorists has been reduced as a consequence.

This is not a tradeoff I am content with. I don't see why anybody should be.

Or just force everyone to drive around in golf carts that can't crack 20 MPH. :cuckoo:

so you dont think your free market demand for a gigantic car will cause any type of free market innovation? one won't be created out of demand? entrepreneurs won't seek to appease you, and begin research?
Demand from consumers is vastly different than compulsion from posturing dilettante politicians and bureaucrats, you fool.

So, you get to have your cake and eat it too. Demand your big fast cars, the market will massage your groin for you and make one that meets the fuel standards, and you can all suck each other's small cocks, so long as your market works as it should in regard to all of you big fast car wanting peoplez. Or, is there not going to be enough demand for big fast cars still? Will it disappear?

Too many people put themselves ahead of what is good for the country and the world. Many of these people call themselves patriots.

really?

So why dont you stop heating your home and instead use wood burning stoves.

Stop flying and use steam powered trains.

Heck...stop driving cars and use hore and buggy.

Huh? What? Why should you? What? The house wont get AS WARM?
It will take a lot longer to travel by steam train so why should you do that?

Who gave you the divine power to determine where the cutoff is as it pertains to what someone should give up?

I use solar power and drive a fuel efficient hybrid, this is a start.

Your reply was rather childish.
That's your problem.

Try running a painting business out of a Prius.

Listen up you imbecile.

Accidents happen.

GIVEN that accidents happen, it would be kind of "nice" to make our vehicles more survivable, you douche bag.

CAFE "standards" are responsible for lots of perfectly avoidable deaths and lots of perfectly avoidable serious physical injuries.

Save lives.

Yer the imbecile.

Highway fatalities in number and as a percentage of the population have been dropping for years.

44,525 people were killed on the nation's roads in 1975 when the population was just shy of 216 million people.

33,808 people were killed on the nation's roads in 2009 when the population was almost 307 million people.

But if you think an automobile that is made of mostly plastic so it can get 28 MPG is safer than a 1972 Impala made of all steel except for the light domes....then you are allowing your ideology to get in the way of logic.

Exactly. But true believer tools like Mistang cannot grasp the "complexities" of such obvious statements of simple, basic, verifiable fact.

so you dont think your free market demand for a gigantic car will cause any type of free market innovation? one won't be created out of demand? entrepreneurs won't seek to appease you, and begin research?
Demand from consumers is vastly different than compulsion from posturing dilettante politicians and bureaucrats, you fool.

So, you get to have your cake and eat it too. Demand your big fast cars, the market will massage your groin for you and make one that meets the fuel standards, and you can all suck each other's small cocks, so long as your market works as it should in regard to all of you big fast car wanting peoplez. Or, is there not going to be enough demand for big fast cars still? Will it disappear?
Typical bullshit I'd expect form a fascist social engineer tool, who has run out of intellectual ammo.

Great job, comrade.

Your faith in science and innovation is, for the most part, commendable even if it makes assumptions about our technical and manufacturing abilities that outstrip reality.

But as long as the "requirements" are being imposed , without regard to present day technological ability, by bureaucrats who are deficient in the understandings of science, then the practical effect remains the outlawing of automobiles of the size and with the safety factors we deserve to have.

I think that, before you talk about what Politicians don't know about what's possible in the auto-industry............you should study up on it yourself. Just saying. give it a shot.

You mean to tell me, that we can teleport light particles....that we have unmanned aircraft.........that we basically can wipe our ass with mach speed aircraft.............that we can't build a safe car that can go fast and simultaneously has great fuel efficiency?>

You, of course, don't know what what I know or have already learned. In fact, you have exactly no idea.

So let's dispense with your preconceived notions and your banal banter.

Just saying.

Yes, we have already teleported light particles. Cool stuff certainly, but with no practical utility in it, yet; and possibly none for a LONG motherfucking time.

Yes, we have unmanned aircraft. They do amazing things. Sometimes they crash, however. And they are often remarkably labor intensive.

Fast aircraft obviously exist, though I don't recommend you try wiping your ass with them.

All of that proves what? That humankind has some great scientific knowledge and remarkable potential? Agreed.

That is FAR from saying that the generally lengthy interval between innovation and manufacturing technology justifies the interference by often ignorant politicians and bureaucrats in our market economy.

They have already tried that. The result has been more fuel efficiency. CAFE standards HAVE "worked" in that problematically limited sense. But overall SAFETY for motorists has been reduced as a consequence.

This is not a tradeoff I am content with. I don't see why anybody should be.

There's absolutely no reason with the technology readily available to continue the cherade of our large dependance on fossil fuel. My point is EXACTLY that the market won't always work toward the betterment of human beings, and you're right that neither does the Government always....but as it stands, this issue is solvable and I think that as a Nation we're beyond being late in solving it.

Last edited:

Typical bullshit I'd expect form a fascist social engineer tool, who has run out of intellectual ammo.

Great job, comrade.

yes it's so fascist to have some sort of reasonable standards in place for things that effect the entire population.......i actually am a big fan of all the glory that is fascism.

when you sensationalize, you're not making a point you're showing a weakness. kerry on

There's absolutely no reason with the technology readily available to continue the cherade of our large dependance on fossil fuel. My point is EXACTLY that the market won't always work toward the betterment of human beings, and you're right that neither does the Government always....but as it stands, this issue is solvable and I think that bas a Nation we're beyond being late in solving it.
Who died and made you the judge of what "works toward the betterment of human beings"?...And since when is that the role of anything but a tyrannical authoritarian system of governance, let alone any of your goddamn business?

I wonder if them Mao jackets come in any color other than gray! :lol:

Never lived in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, or anywhere else that has nomerous accessible waterways, have you?

I went to high school and college in Ohio, and most people did not have boats.

It is my business because this is a public forum.

Great job, comrade.

yes it's so fascist to have some sort of reasonable standards in place for things that effect the entire population.......i actually am a big fan of all the glory that is fascism.

when you sensationalize, you're not making a point you're showing a weakness. kerry on
"Reasonable" as defined by fascists like you.

Kiss my ass.

Yeah, one of the best ways to help overcome our dependence on foreign oil is to use less of it. And increasing cafe standards is one step in that direction.

Thank you, President Obama.

Now, I wonder why Bush never did anything like this. Do you suppose that it was because the oil industry didn't like the idea of selling less gas?

Sure, because God forbid we actually drill for our own right here within our borders. No, instead let's raise CAFE standards so that automobiles becomes more expensive to purchase and harder to afford for the poor and middle class. Yep, sure glad Obama is looking out for the "working man."

What makes you think we aren't drilling here right now? Better milage should have been done in the 80's but guess what our leaders were saying then........

really?

So why dont you stop heating your home and instead use wood burning stoves.

Stop flying and use steam powered trains.

Heck...stop driving cars and use hore and buggy.

Huh? What? Why should you? What? The house wont get AS WARM?
It will take a lot longer to travel by steam train so why should you do that?

Who gave you the divine power to determine where the cutoff is as it pertains to what someone should give up?

I use solar power and drive a fuel efficient hybrid, this is a start.

Your reply was rather childish.
That's your problem.

Try running a painting business out of a Prius.

I was not talking about those who need larger vehicles for work purposes, and that should be obvious.

There's absolutely no reason with the technology readily available to continue the cherade of our large dependance on fossil fuel. My point is EXACTLY that the market won't always work toward the betterment of human beings, and you're right that neither does the Government always....but as it stands, this issue is solvable and I think that bas a Nation we're beyond being late in solving it.
Who died and made you the judge of what "works toward the betterment of human beings"?...And since when is that the role of anything but a tyrannical authoritarian system of governance, let alone any of your goddamn business?

nobody had to die. I am allowed the voice by having the vote.

you must hate NASA. fuck you must hate any type of safety standards. That doesn't make me a fascist, it makes you an unreasobable baby.

Listen up you imbecile.

Accidents happen.

Save lives.

Yer the imbecile.

How many '72 Impalas are on the road? This is not pertinent.

Great job, comrade.

"Reasonable" as defined by fascists like you.

Kiss my ass.

no, as defined by YOU, via your vote and your free speech to champion whatever cause you wish.

rah rah, GOOOOOOOOO! gas guzzlers!

But you see...that is the point...

Becuase you dont have reason to think about people who tow boats, you are so quick to criticize those against cafe standards.

But what if you had a boat? Or what if you were 6'7" tall...or what if you had a thyroid issue and wieghed 375 ...or a salesman on the road and in the car 10 hours a day....

THAT was the point we were trying to make. You set the standard of what is allowable and not allowable from a morality standpoint...yet you admit you dont necessarily know the needs of others....

Most people that you know didn't have boats....Which is irrelevant, as I was using boat ownership as an example of the myriad of reasons why people would want a large powerful vehicle...Which is still none of your business.

This being a public forum doesn't change that fact.

Forum List

Back