Oakland mayor refers to Las Vegas as ‘gross’ in interview ahead of MLB opening day

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Oakland has already lost the Raiders (twice) and the Warriors (albeit 15 minutes away to San Francisco). The A’s have given Oakland many opportunities to step up to keep them and Schaaf and the other politicians keep dicking around. I would like to see the A’s stay in Oakland but the city has proven that it is just not positioned to host major professional sports anymore. Plus, Oakland is just a suburb of San Francisco which has teams in all of the sports.

Last time I was in Oakland was in the 1990’s and it was gross back then unless you were in the Oakland Hills where the wealthy lived…

Oakland need to clean itself up before even commenting on another City, and the Athletics should leave for Portland or San Antonio seeing Oakland can not sustain any sports team…

Been to Freemont St lately?

Last time I was there, last year, I seen the Easter Bunny.

He was at least 300 lbs and wearing nothing but some ears, a pink nose and a speedo. He was 100 ft away from the newest attraction there, a pair of guys that were taking 10 dollar 'payments' for you to kick them in the nuts as hard as you can....

So yea, gross does cover it rather well :D

6441a62d89a906441a62d89a92.jpg

The homeless tents on the baseball field was the last straw.

Forum List

Back