O.J. Made in America

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Are you guys watching this documentary series on ESPN?

It's deep.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

It's deep.

should I be watching, malcolm ? like a documentary on the development of ORANGE JUICE?----I once read that the only people who drink orange juice in QUANTITY----like a whole glassful of the stuff are USA people. Probably AVAILABILITY issues----maybe not

I've only been able to read highlights but apparently it is very well produced and spot on with the exception of some minor issues such as who's bedroom did OJ sleep in at the Kardashian house.

I would love to see Part II which deals with the investigation.

I've only been able to read highlights but apparently it is very well produced and spot on with the exception of some minor issues such as who's bedroom did OJ sleep in at the Kardashian house.

I would love to see Part II which deals with the investigation.

OJ socialized with the idiot kardashians? sheeeesh-----birds of a feather.....

This series is excellent. I was an avid follower of the trial from beginning to end, but I've learned many things from this documentary that I never knew. They present candid interviews with everyone involved who is still alive. (Except OJ, of course). For example, OJ spent much of his time in jail autographing sports paraphernalia, to earn money. OJ stopped taking his arthritis meds weeks before his team told him he would be trying on the gloves. When he stopped taking the meds, his knuckles gradually started swelling, thus making it difficult for him to put on the gloves. Add the Latex gloves that Cochran insisted he wear underneath, and they KNEW he would never be able to get HIS gloves on during the demonstration in court. What a fucking fiasco. Johnny Darden insisted, for some reason.

Again, by the end of the trial, 75% of "White America" was convinced he was guilty, and 75% of "Black America" was convinced he was framed.

One salient point that I had heard mentioned once was that, a LARGE part of the defense strategy was to demonize Mark Fuhrman, hoping the jury would conclude he planted the bloody glove (which carried DNA from Simpson, Brown, and the other guy).

But that MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. Fuhrman surely understood that if he planted, THEN FOUND the glove, and if it turned out that OJ had an alibi - something Fuhrman could not possibly have known - then Fuhrman would have been guilty of an obvious felony. Serious jail time, no joke. There is simply no way he would have taken that chance just to plant evidence against Simpson, even if he was the most virulent racist in the world. At the end of the day, he was a government worker who would never jeopardize his job and pension.

Bottom line:

I. The jury had no interest whatsoever in determining whether OJ killed these two people. They had total contempt for Nicole for (a) being white, and (b) sticking with this serial abuser. He was going to be acquitted regardless.

II. Simpson's lawyers were a classic example of the worst characteristics of criminal defense attorneys. They presented evidence that they knew was false, slandered truthful witnesses, and intentionally tried to confuse the jury with irrelevant technical jargon. The interviews with them are priceless, even now. They know what they did was horrific, but insist on their lawyer-speak excuses. (BTW, I am a member of the Pennsylvania Bar).

III. Gil Garcetti made two HUGE errors (along with dozens of minor ones), in not aggressively participating in voir dire (jury selection), and picking Marcia Clark to prosecute this case. The jury was a horrible practical joke on the people of California, and as for Clark, she obviously worked hard, but she has no rhetorical skills and never connected with this jury.

This remains an Open and Shut case; OJ was, is, and will always be, guilty as hell.

BTW, this whole series is available on Comcast on Demand, WITHOUT COMMERCIALS!

It's deep.

I have seen it. I watched it "On Demand" so I have seen the entire thing..... it was very good!

The bottom line is people believe what they want to believe.
If it suits there agenda or something they feel passionate about, the truth and evidence be damned.

This series is excellent. I was an avid follower of the trial from beginning to end, but I've learned many things from this documentary that I never knew. They present candid interviews with everyone involved who is still alive. (Except OJ, of course). For example, OJ spent much of his time in jail autographing sports paraphernalia, to earn money. OJ stopped taking his arthritis meds weeks before his team told him he would be trying on the gloves. When he stopped taking the meds, his knuckles gradually started swelling, thus making it difficult for him to put on the gloves. Add the Latex gloves that Cochran insisted he wear underneath, and they KNEW he would never be able to get HIS gloves on during the demonstration in court. What a fucking fiasco. Johnny Darden insisted, for some reason.

Again, by the end of the trial, 75% of "White America" was convinced he was guilty, and 75% of "Black America" was convinced he was framed.

One salient point that I had heard mentioned once was that, a LARGE part of the defense strategy was to demonize Mark Fuhrman, hoping the jury would conclude he planted the bloody glove (which carried DNA from Simpson, Brown, and the other guy).

But that MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. Fuhrman surely understood that if he planted, THEN FOUND the glove, and if it turned out that OJ had an alibi - something Fuhrman could not possibly have known - then Fuhrman would have been guilty of an obvious felony. Serious jail time, no joke. There is simply no way he would have taken that chance just to plant evidence against Simpson, even if he was the most virulent racist in the world. At the end of the day, he was a government worker who would never jeopardize his job and pension.

Bottom line:

I. The jury had no interest whatsoever in determining whether OJ killed these two people. They had total contempt for Nicole for (a) being white, and (b) sticking with this serial abuser. He was going to be acquitted regardless.

II. Simpson's lawyers were a classic example of the worst characteristics of criminal defense attorneys. They presented evidence that they knew was false, slandered truthful witnesses, and intentionally tried to confuse the jury with irrelevant technical jargon. The interviews with them are priceless, even now. They know what they did was horrific, but insist on their lawyer-speak excuses. (BTW, I am a member of the Pennsylvania Bar).

III. Gil Garcetti made two HUGE errors (along with dozens of minor ones), in not aggressively participating in voir dire (jury selection), and picking Marcia Clark to prosecute this case. The jury was a horrible practical joke on the people of California, and as for Clark, she obviously worked hard, but she has no rhetorical skills and never connected with this jury.

This remains an Open and Shut case; OJ was, is, and will always be, guilty as hell.

BTW, this whole series is available on Comcast on Demand, WITHOUT COMMERCIALS!
Agree that Fuhrman was too smart to try to frame OJ by planting false evidence, but the defense did target him. They trapped him during testimony when he denied frequently using the n-word, only to then provide evidence to the contrary from, I think, a woman he'd been interviewed by for a book or article during which she claimed he used the word a lot. The strategy was simply to plant in the black jurors' minds that he was a racist and let them conclude on their own he likely planted the glove, blood evidence, etc., and they'd thus be inclined to acquit the murderer, or cause a hung jury at the very least.

And the slimeballs on the dream team do a good job of it.

I'm still not convinced that Fuhrman was "forced" to plead the Fifth when he was re-called to the stand. The tapes were part of an exercise by a novelist to create a racist, out-of-control cop, and Fuhrman provided dialogue and insights that helped the author understand the personality and write believable prose. In taking the Fifth he threw away the opportunity to deny and explain why he did not plant the glove. It is not perjury if you get back on the stand and recant, in the same trial.

Forum List

Back