NZ gun buyback: 10,000 firearms returned after Christchurch attack

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Well..good luck to them..would never work here:

"More than 10,000 firearms have been bought by New Zealand’s government in less than a month as part of its gun buyback scheme following the Christchurch mosque shootings in March.
Following the killing of 51 people in two inner-city Christchurch mosques by an Australian white supremacist, prime minister Jacinda Ardern’s government rushed through legislation to ban military-style semi-automatic weapons and set aside NZ$150m to buy firearms that were now illegal.
A bill outlawing most automatic and semi-automatic weapons, and components that modify existing weapons, was passed by a vote of 119 to 1 in April.
“I could not fathom how weapons that could cause such destruction and large-scale death could be obtained legally in this country,” Ardern said at the time. “I struggle to recall any single gunshot wounds. In every case they [victims] spoke of multiple injuries, multiple debilitating injuries that deemed it impossible for them to recover in days, let alone weeks. They will carry disabilities for a lifetime, and that’s before you consider the psychological impact. We are here for them.”
The shooter bought the weapons for the killings legally in New Zealand, despite experts initially suspecting they had been acquired on the blackmarket.
The governments gun-buyback scheme was launched in mid July. Since then, 10,242 firearms have been handed into police, with an additional 1,269 firearms handed in under amnesty.
The amnesty mean no questions will be asked by police about when or how owners acquired the now-banned weapons, even if they don’t have a current firearms licence or paperwork for the weapons."

New Zealand gun buyback: 10,000 firearms returned after Christchurch attack

It's not a buy back it is forced confiscation for which the government gives a pittance to people who obey the laws

"More than 10,000 firearms have been bought by New Zealand’s government in less than a month as part of its gun buyback scheme following the Christchurch mosque shootings in March.
Following the killing of 51 people in two inner-city Christchurch mosques by an Australian white supremacist, prime minister Jacinda Ardern’s government rushed through legislation to ban military-style semi-automatic weapons and set aside NZ$150m to buy firearms that were now illegal.
A bill outlawing most automatic and semi-automatic weapons, and components that modify existing weapons, was passed by a vote of 119 to 1 in April.
“I could not fathom how weapons that could cause such destruction and large-scale death could be obtained legally in this country,” Ardern said at the time. “I struggle to recall any single gunshot wounds. In every case they [victims] spoke of multiple injuries, multiple debilitating injuries that deemed it impossible for them to recover in days, let alone weeks. They will carry disabilities for a lifetime, and that’s before you consider the psychological impact. We are here for them.”
The shooter bought the weapons for the killings legally in New Zealand, despite experts initially suspecting they had been acquired on the blackmarket.
The governments gun-buyback scheme was launched in mid July. Since then, 10,242 firearms have been handed into police, with an additional 1,269 firearms handed in under amnesty.
The amnesty mean no questions will be asked by police about when or how owners acquired the now-banned weapons, even if they don’t have a current firearms licence or paperwork for the weapons."

That would be a drop in the bucket here.

and few, if any, from the criminal class would be turned in.

That gave me chills. If only that could happen here. I wonder, since we only hear from the extremes, if there ARE people out there willing to sell them back.

That gave me chills. If only that could happen here. I wonder, since we only hear from the extremes, if there ARE people out there willing to sell them back.
New Zealanders turned in ~2.8% of the weapons that were required to be turned in.
Why do you think American gun owners would turn in -that- many?

It does happen here, people turn in junk guns for cash and criminals laugh

That would be a drop in the bucket here.

and few, if any, from the criminal class would be turned in.
Actually, they'd be the first to turn them in. Well, maybe not the really hard core ones, but most crooks are out to make a quick buck anyway they can.
Of course, they'd be out buying another one next week.
New Zealanders turned in ~2.8% of the weapons that were required to be turned in.
Oh shut up, killjoy. I'm enjoying the tingle up my leg.

Good that your recognize something like that will never work here.

I still have hope. I'm wondering if 3% of our gun owners would turn in their AR's for the good of the country. You never know until you try, do you?
I don't buy "it will never work." That is nothing but your desperate wish.

I still have hope. I'm wondering if 3% of our gun owners would turn in their AR's for the good of the country. You never know until you try, do you?

Wonder what they'd give me for my $4500 dollar AR?
I probably have enough parts laying around to build a cheap one.....then I could do some virtue signaling.

Wonder what they'd give me for my $4500 dollar AR?
I probably have enough parts laying around to build a cheap one.....then I could do some virtue signaling.

My husband's was a little over $700...give him $1,500 and he can buy two!!!! LOL j/k he wouldn't sell just on principal

I still have hope. I'm wondering if 3% of our gun owners would turn in their AR's for the good of the country.
"Good of the country"
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Just curious: How much do you think the US government should offer gun owners in their "buy-back" program?
And then, how do you "collect" the rifles not turned in?

I wonder how you'd feel about gun confiscation if Trump declared martial law and declared himself president for life? What can you do about it without force of arms? nuthin, dummy.

More than 10,000 firearms have been bought by New Zealand’s government in less than a month as part of its gun buyback scheme

Self-righteous Eurotrash liberals talking on the anglophone with NSA and the rest of the Five-Eyes nightclub bouncer club MI6, Canada, Brisbane, Australia. And the Aussies are the worst when it comes to gun-banning liberalism & totalitarian internet surveillance & control.

It's not a buy back it is forced confiscation for which the government gives a pittance to people who obey the laws

Of course...the OP is a fucking moron.
Ahh..Will Powerless----no brain...no intellect..just some insults and puff of hot air.

I guess my saying that it would never work..is the moronic part of my post? Trolls such as yourself are the price one pays for posting here.

Welcome to ignore...you have nothing to offer. Toss out some more meaningless shit--I'll not see it.

Ahh..Will Powerless----no brain...no intellect..just some insults and puff of hot air.

I guess my saying that it would never work..is the moronic part of my post? Trolls such as yourself are the price one pays for posting here.

Welcome to ignore...you have nothing to offer. Toss out some more meaningless shit--I'll not see it.

Take a look at my rep compared to yours, shitbag....nobody even knows who you are ya envious little nothin. And now he scampers off to hide after I made a laughingstock out of him in another thread....run Flea, run!

Forum List

Back