NYTimes & LATimes Feeling The Heat

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Not something you see every day. :smoke: Their reasoning: 'Can't trust the government, they try to hide failures...trust us instead....' Oh yeah, problem here is that the SWIFT program was successful, not a failure. By their reasoning, the government should have been taking out ads on it!

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/01/o...&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss&pagewanted=print

2. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Loose translation: "Bitch, bitch, bitch! What about the Americans we DIDN'T endanger today?"

3. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Yes, I would say they are feeling the heat. We should clip and save this article and Bill Keller's famous letter as these might be the only times in our lifetimes that we will see such obviously "self-defense" articles printed in either the NYT or the LAT.

And I've noticed they don't really do such a hot job of defending themselves. What say you?

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    As I said, I think they have a logic problem:

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    A decent take, lots of links. Oh yea, I know it's Hugh Hewitt:

http://hughhewitt.com/archives/2006/06/25-week/index.php#a002611

6. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    ON this issue I guess I am the right wing nutjob. If I were the president and any media published classifed info, I would utterly ruin them. I would have the DOJ on them like white on rice until they were bankrupt and had to sell the presses.

I really am all for freedom of the press. We had embedded reporters. They were alright if a little aloof and self rightous. They also knew that if they compromised anything with our unit that an ass whipping would've ensued. Overall, they were just doing a job and they did it ok.

But they never gave away a position like Geraldo did.

They didn't disclose movements, actions, or counts.

And so they were different than the scum sucking pigs that assisted in someones treason by providing an outlet to the leak. I hope their buildings burn down and thier means of work are destroyed.

If anything happens like this again, I may become annoyed.

7. Adam's Apple

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    "Can't trust the government, they try to hide failures...trust us instead...." (from Kathianne's previous post). Someone should do a poll on that: Who do you trust most to protect the country: the government of the NYT? The results would be a "humble pie" lesson for the NYT.

8. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    LOL - seems I remember DMP posting a parody MSM/DNC, typically loaded "poll question" on the likelihood of civil war in Iraq. Very well done, it was, and right on the mark. Maybe he'll be good enough to help us here. How would the NYT word such a poll question, to make it come out in their favor? I'm looking forward to this!

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    It's getting hotter. Lots of links. Bottom line, the NYTimes is now being 'hit' for what they've told and what they've manufactured to cover what they told. They hold themselves to a very different standard than the government, especially the administration. Like illegal immigration, all but the truly 'looney left' realize when the danger overrides politics and the Times didn't get that right:

10. Adam's Apple

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Everybody with a brain knows why the NYT chose to publish the story about the SWIFT program, and their lame-brained attempts at trying to explain themselves just makes it all that more obvious. It's clear for anyone with eyes to see that their political hatred outshines their love of country.