NYC man released from Rikers Island over coronavirus arrested on new rape charge: report

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
gee whiz, who could have ever seen this coming
shrug.gif

LINK

A Brooklyn man was arrested Saturday for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman just 10 days after he was released from Rikers Island over concerns about the spread of the coronavirus behind bars, according to a report.

Robert Pondexter, 57, was being held at the notorious New York City prison on a separate rape charge when he was released.

He was charged Saturday with attempted rape and sexual assault among other offenses, the New York Post reported, citing anonymous police sources.

NYPD responded to a 911 call at about 5:45 a.m. in Brooklyn’s Flatbush neighborhood.

The caller told police a man had been walking across the street from a supportive housing development when he allegedly grabbed a 58-year-old woman whom he did not know by the collar and pulled her into a school parking lot.

The woman told officers he forced her to perform oral sex and demanded that she remove her pants before she was able to kick away from him. She was transported to a local hospital.

Details of the arrest were not immediately available.

New Yorkers must be so proud of their elected leadership...

the putz gave an "AIN'T I GREAT" speech just about
an hour ago. He has cuffed the hands of the cops ---
and OF COURSE the CRIME STATS have fallen------
happy rapists go uncharged and free

I should have added----there is a concerted effort to
avoid "OVER CROWDING" rikers island

I find it particularly offensive because I'm a native New Yorker.

New York didn't used to be this fucked up...

Two or three hundred inmates have been released because of age, and the likelihood that they would catch the virus in jail. It would have been really been fucked up if all those people would have been condemned to catch a life threatening virus on the off chance that one of them might re offend.

Two or three hundred inmates have been released because of age, and the likelihood that they would catch the virus in jail. It would have been really been fucked up if all those people would have been condemned to catch a life threatening virus on the off chance that one of them might re offend.

"off chance"?

Prison is the best place for them. They can be forcibly separated. If they run out of room inmates can be transferred to prisons which have room.

Letting them go is fucking lunacy...

shrug.gif

LINK

A Brooklyn man was arrested Saturday for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman just 10 days after he was released from Rikers Island over concerns about the spread of the coronavirus behind bars, according to a report.

Robert Pondexter, 57, was being held at the notorious New York City prison on a separate rape charge when he was released.

He was charged Saturday with attempted rape and sexual assault among other offenses, the New York Post reported, citing anonymous police sources.

NYPD responded to a 911 call at about 5:45 a.m. in Brooklyn’s Flatbush neighborhood.

The caller told police a man had been walking across the street from a supportive housing development when he allegedly grabbed a 58-year-old woman whom he did not know by the collar and pulled her into a school parking lot.

The woman told officers he forced her to perform oral sex and demanded that she remove her pants before she was able to kick away from him. She was transported to a local hospital.

Only a leftist would release violent convicts into the population.

But rape isn't fucked up ?

Was this the decision of Bill de Blasio? Or Andrew Cuomo? Or both maybe?
You put their combined good decision making skills together and it still wouldn't be rated as high
as the average sixth grader.

And leftists insult Rudy Giuliani...this says more about those cretins than it does Rudy.

You cant be serious!

shrug.gif

LINK

PJW.jpg

How long had the guy been in jail before being released?
obviously not long enough, 25 years should be the minimum on forced rape

but I don't know how long he had been in

hopefully he gets sent up state for good this time

"off chance"?

They didn't let anyone out that seemed likely to commit violent crime. Out of any random group of 300 people , you have a chance that one or two might be worse than the rest. I'm not trying to justify the release of that particular prisoner. Perhaps the people making the decision to release him made a mistake in that particular case. That doesn't make the humane decision to release, rather than to potentially condemn those prisoners to death, was wrong.

Forum List

Back