NY Times making up stories...Again

Not the Public Editor of the vaunted NY Times is calling for "systematic change" at the newspaper for what she called "a red flag" as a result of not one but TWO front page stories the required correction.
NY Times Public Editor Calls for ‘Systemic Change’ at Newspaper After ‘Really Big Mistake’

You find a problem, you fix it, right? Or would you prefer she'd said :lalala:?

And it's not as if y'all are forced to read newspapers (or just one paper). There's this thing called the Internet, where you can find literally thousands of news sources. I'd recommend it.

Not the Public Editor of the vaunted NY Times is calling for "systematic change" at the newspaper for what she called "a red flag" as a result of not one but TWO front page stories the required correction.
NY Times Public Editor Calls for ‘Systemic Change’ at Newspaper After ‘Really Big Mistake’

You find a problem, you fix it, right? Or would you prefer she'd said :lalala:?

And it's not as if y'all are forced to read newspapers (or just one paper). There's this thing called the Internet, where you can find literally thousands of news sources. I'd recommend it.
One thing is typical of liberals....Taking the path of least resistance.
Genius..The NYT has a self proclaimed reputation of allegedly impeccable standards when it comes to reporting. In fact their trademark is "All the news that is fit to print"....In order for a free press to function, it also must bear the responsibility to be accurate and truthful in reporting.

It shouldn't matter if a newspaper is left wing or right wing since they are reporting the truth or at least they are suppose to. If newspapers had no bias at all it probably sound a lot different to the average person. However, human nature is not perfect so we are always going to have some kind of bias. I've met very few people who can be completely objective in their thinking especially when it comes to politics.

Wow, all this ado over nothing. The woman took her own newspaper to task. The Times is bringing their own mistakes to the forefront, when they could have easily swept them under the rug. Oh, but they're so scandalous. :rolleyes:

No organization runs with perfection. Problems are being identified and solutions are being sought. Big fucking deal?

What I find most noteworthy is the solutions she is suggesting. She says they need to 'slow down' the reporting and editing process. That is quite interesting indeed. In a world where printed news media has been scraping for dear life to survive next to competition from instant news via the internet, it makes sense to me that the problem as she describes it could come to pass for a newspaper. Not because of any malice. Simply as a result of the pressure of trying to compete with internet sources. Perhaps this foreshadows the long term viability of newspapers moving farther into the 21st century. Perhaps the media consuming public is equally to blame, with our high demands for constant and immediate news content creating pressure in the industry for quantity over quality.

The NYT has a self proclaimed reputation of allegedly impeccable standards when it comes to reporting. In fact their trademark is "All the news that is fit to print"....In order for a free press to function, it also must bear the responsibility to be accurate and truthful in reporting.

Absolutely. This is not to say that human error or simple carelessness are completely eliminated.

Get back to me when you hold every "fair and balanced" news source to the same criteria.

In the meantime, I'll continue reading my news from a multiplicity of sources...

Forum List

Back