Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
NY Principal Pulls Patriotic Song, Wants to Avoid Offending Other Cultures

By Paul Scicchitano
By SUSAN EDELMAN
Last Updated: 11:30 AM, June 10, 2012

REUTERS

A Coney Island principal refused to let students sing "God Bless the USA" at a school ceremony -- but Justin Bieber's "Baby" was suitable.

A controversial Coney Island principal has pulled the plug on patriotism.

Her refusal to let students sing “God Bless the USA” at their graduation has sparked fireworks at a school filled with proud immigrants.

Read More:
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...bE8S2rAEcZoUiP

By Paul Scicchitano
By SUSAN EDELMAN

REUTERS

A Coney Island principal refused to let students sing "God Bless the USA" at a school ceremony -- but Justin Bieber's "Baby" was suitable.

Her refusal to let students sing “God Bless the USA” at their graduation has sparked fireworks at a school filled with proud immigrants.

Read More:

Its a crappy song. If I were principal I'd refuse to let it be sung as a matter of taste.

I can't count the number of times I've heard conservatives voiced their (IMO correct) view that rights are not "given" to us by man but are something we are inherently born with, yet right in the middle of this crappy redneck whiny song you see:
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

Sorry bud, but no man GIVES me my rights.

I thank the men and women of are armed services for PROTECTING my rights, but they don't GIVE them to me.

By Paul Scicchitano
By SUSAN EDELMAN

REUTERS

Read More:

Its a crappy song. If I were principal I'd refuse to let it be sung as a matter of taste.

It wasn't pulled for its "crap factor".

The kids had been practicing it for months. If she didn't know about it, then that would be a dereliction of duty. I'm sure it was in the teachers' lesson plans.

The bitch should be fired.

By Paul Scicchitano
By SUSAN EDELMAN

REUTERS

Read More:

The kids had been practicing it for months. If she didn't know about it, then that would be a dereliction of duty. I'm sure it was in the teachers' lesson plans.

:lol:

Man you people are loons. And yeah..I posted "You People".

Use this one instead.
Just Rap it up a little bit.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix-AMYos0Js]Rev. Wright; God Damn America - Long Version - Obama Preacher Rant - YouTube[/ame]

Oh my god, shes contributing to the destruction of our nation and increasing the ignorance that the younger generation have had for the U.S. and Whites for the past two decades, shes telling these children that its not proud to be American and its ok to disrespect White people and the Flag and what it symbolizes (Truth, Freedom, Equality, Bravery) and that it shouldn’t be tolerated. The very Flag that protects her and gives her the equality to stand up and speak her opinion what she said about the school being racist was way off base and she should hire people based on their qualifications not their skin color or religion, that’s discrimination. SHE SHOULD BE PULLED FROM HER JOB IMMEDIATELY!

I can't count the number of times I've heard conservatives voiced their (IMO correct) view that rights are not "given" to us by man but are something we are inherently born with, yet right in the middle of this crappy redneck whiny song you see:

I thank the men and women of are armed services for PROTECTING my rights, but they don't GIVE them to me.

Gotta love the conservatives and "natural god given rights"..until they start talking about the military.

Or we start talking about slavery. :eusa_shifty:

Oh my god, shes contributing to the destruction of our nation and increasing the ignorance that the younger generation have had for the U.S. and Whites for the past two decades, shes telling these children that its not proud to be American and its ok to disrespect White people and the Flag and what it symbolizes (Truth, Freedom, Equality, Bravery) and that it shouldn’t be tolerated. The very Flag that protects her and gives her the equality to stand up and speak her opinion what she said about the school being racist was way off base and she should hire people based on their qualifications not their skin color or religion, that’s discrimination. SHE SHOULD BE PULLED FROM HER JOB IMMEDIATELY!

Stormfront site down today?

I find your implication that im a white supremacist simply because i pointed out the fact that this woman is ignorant and negatively contributing to American society and our children because she just happened to be black insulting. FYI my best friend is black and he is like the brother i never had.

By Paul Scicchitano
By SUSAN EDELMAN

REUTERS

Read More:

we are usually on the same page Chanel,

but don't you think removal is a bit harsh? Do we know all the facts?

In this age of hyper-sensitivity sometimes one needs to be hyper-careful. There could have been the "parent complaint"

we are usually on the same page Chanel,

but don't you think removal is a bit harsh? Do we know all the facts?

In this age of hyper-sensitivity sometimes one needs to be hyper-careful. There could have been the "parent complaint"

There was no need for any complaint, if the childs religion doesn't allow them to do it thats fine and i respect that its not like this was mandatory all the child would have to do is not participate, everyone on the class usually agrees on what to sing in these types of situations anyway i can't fathom how these people want to be Americans but don't want to be a part of American traditions. Tradition is the history of the people built by the that peoples feelings sense their founding, its not something to be abhored its something to treasured and respected.

I find your implication that im a white supremacist simply because i pointed out the fact that this woman is ignorant and negatively contributing to American society and our children because she just happened to be black insulting. FYI my best friend is black and he is like the brother i never had.

Ah yes..the "My best friend is black meme"..

Works every time.

Does he dress up in Templar gear too?

:eusa_shifty:

Works every time.

Your attempt at satirical humor is at best cynical, sarcasm does not become you.

Works every time.

Your attempt at satirical humor is at best cynical, sarcasm does not become you.

Sure it does.

I have you pegged, champ.

Personally, I don't hate on the racists..but I do wish they'd be honest about it.

Just sayin'

First it was "You can't wear an American flag T-shirt today because it's Cinco de Mayo and you might offend Mexicans" in California and now it's "You can't sing that song because it will offend everybody else" in New York.

Both liberal states...interesting pattern.

Gotta love the conservatives and "natural god given rights"..until they start talking about the military.

Or we start talking about slavery. :eusa_shifty:

Wow. As someone who's more on the conservative side, I'm pro slavery? Fuck me I didn't even know it! Please explain other facets of my own philosophy to me, will you?

Forum List

Back