NY man arrested for sock puppet use.

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
better watch yourselves!

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/08/nyregion/08about.html?_r=1&ref=nyregion

"Mr. Golb is 49 years old and had 50 e-mail aliases. He used pseudonyms to post on blogs. Under the name of a professor he was trying to undermine, prosecutors charged, Mr. Golb wrote a quasi confession to plagiarism and circulated it among students and officials at New York University.

His purpose, the Manhattan district attorney’s office said, was “to influence and affect debate on the Dead Sea Scrolls, and in order to harass Dead Sea Scrolls scholars who disagree with his viewpoint.”

better watch yourselves!

"Mr. Golb is 49 years old and had 50 e-mail aliases. He used pseudonyms to post on blogs. Under the name of a professor he was trying to undermine, prosecutors charged, Mr. Golb wrote a quasi confession to plagiarism and circulated it among students and officials at New York University.

His purpose, the Manhattan district attorney’s office said, was “to influence and affect debate on the Dead Sea Scrolls, and in order to harass Dead Sea Scrolls scholars who disagree with his viewpoint.”

:rofl:

mrsocko.jpg

I can think of a few people who'd be in trouble.

Funny PI wasn't one of them. :eusa_whistle:

I didn't think of PI either of course I don't know him very well but although it's hard to prove you sometimes get the feeling they could be all around here. The anonymity of political message boards is a good venue for pulling something like this over on people.

Sad but true.

better watch yourselves!

Funny thread, but to the point of the article... I find it outrageous that someone can be arrested and charged for this. I certainly hope this case gets tossed.

I can think of a few people who'd be in trouble.

Funny PI wasn't one of them. :eusa_whistle:

I didn't think of PI either of course I don't know him very well but although it's hard to prove you sometimes get the feeling they could be all around here. The anonymity of political message boards is a good venue for pulling something like this over on people.

Sad but true.
There's actually little to no true anonymity.

Sorry internet harrassment and quasi identity theft for the purpose of defamation is and should be illegal. Now one has to draw a line somewhere or there are no more political chat rooms or bulletin boards on line. But based on what little evidence we've got this guy could have gone way overboard with it.

Forum List

Back