NVIDIA Graphics Card Updates

That's how I install my video drivers as well. It's not as common as using the install/setup executable.

Some other forms of drivers won't install manually but I've never had a problem installing both ATi and Nvidia drivers manually.

ATi does a full package install even if you install from the control panel - not sure about Nvidia.

I simply remove the old drivers and unzip and direct the seek to the drivers folder from device manager and not the control panel. I do it with both ATi and Nvidia. I didn't even know that there was an install path from the control panel.

All I have is the driver installed and no ccc, etc.
I like and need the CCC. For example when you use HDMI or when you set graphics-profiles for .exe files of games.

ATi does a full package install even if you install from the control panel - not sure about Nvidia.

I simply remove the old drivers and unzip and direct the seek to the drivers folder from device manager and not the control panel. I do it with both ATi and Nvidia. I didn't even know that there was an install path from the control panel.

I like and need the CCC. For example when you use HDMI or when you set graphics-profiles for .exe files of games.

Sure, that's why most people use it. It extends your ability to customize.

I don't use gaming profiles and hdmi is native to Win8. I've got ccc installed in my win7 image though.

I don't use gaming profiles and hdmi is native to Win8. I've got ccc installed in my win7 image though.
The good thing is that profiles are only active, als long as the linked .exe files run. So you don´t have to do anything after the configuration.

And there are problems with HDMI on Win8. You must install CCC and set the scaling options to overscan 0 % or you have a big black frame around the picture and the picture is blurred. Same on Win7/Vista, but here it appears only when you have installed the package.

6idt.jpg

The good thing is that profiles are only active, als long as the linked .exe files run. So you don´t have to do anything after the configuration.

And there are problems with HDMI on Win8. You must install CCC and set the scaling options to overscan 0 % or you have a big black frame around the picture and the picture is blurred. Same on Win7/Vista, but here it appears only when you have installed the package.

6idt.jpg

I've no issues with hdmi or I would have installed ccc. My tv scales perfectly.

6idt.jpg

Then you are a lucky guy. Just google:
https://www.google.de/search?q=hdmi...nnel=fflb&gws_rd=cr&ei=5fguUrrZM9C3hAfAioD4CA

6idt.jpg

Then you are a lucky guy. Just google:
https://www.google.de/search?q=hdmi...nnel=fflb&gws_rd=cr&ei=5fguUrrZM9C3hAfAioD4CA

I'm a guy without a problem with win8 and hdmi on my Ati card, but you said I must.

That's wrong.

:)

I simply remove the old drivers and unzip and direct the seek to the drivers folder from device manager and not the control panel.

I view device manager as a control panel item.

I do it with both ATi and Nvidia. I didn't even know that there was an install path from the control panel.

Control panel -> computer management -> device manager. (Or as all of us actually do, right click computer - manage.)

ATI will still do a complete package install.

It's a component. A plug in module that fits in the control panel as a library database.

Technically, it's an MMC plug in. But no matter.

That's what I originally agreed with before it became a disagreement. *

Technically it's an .msc that connects to the mmc library and plugs into the mmc console.

One thing I didn't bring out is that if you have an NVIDIA card and Windows 8, Windows will try to install their version of the NVIDIA driver. Whatever you do, don't let Windows install that driver because it will mess up the works. I have my updates set up where I choose when and if I want their updates, and I give the command to install. One time, I was allowing Windows to install an optional update, and I didn't notice that the 229 megabyte NVIDIA driver piggy backed in there. All of a sudden my screen started blanking, and I no longer had full screen coverage of my monitor. When I checked Device Manager, instead of NVIDIA GTX 660, it read "no display adapter." I immediately reinstalled the proper NVIDIA driver.

That's what I originally agreed with before it became a disagreement. *

Technically it's an .msc that connects to the mmc library and plugs into the mmc console.

Ropey, you have a talent for finding a quarrel in most innocuous exchanges...

Disagreement is not quarrel and I simply clarified the technical device call path with a bit more detail and didn't disagree.

I'm sorry that you find my information came as a quarrel. I don't and I find you quite knowledgeable.

Forum List

Back