Numerous Times When Armed Civilians Have Stopped Bad Guys and Saved Lives

Disgusting all the same Asclepias :mad-61:
Its disgusting libs touted gun control when she was shot?

No

It's disgusting that the Lefturds didn't say a word then. always protecting the illegal.

Makes me sick.
But they did say a word. I even posted the link where cons were mad about it. The cons thought it was more important the guy was illegal.

“The best way to honor [Kate Steinle] and protect the hundreds of Americans who are shot and killed or injured every day in America is to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people. Why are we more upset that she was shot by an immigrant than that she was shot and killed???”

Disgusting all the same Asclepias :mad-61:
Its disgusting libs touted gun control when she was shot?

No

It's disgusting that the Lefturds didn't say a word then. always protecting the illegal.

Makes me sick.
But they did say a word. I even posted the link where cons were mad about it. The cons thought it was more important the guy was illegal.

“The best way to honor [Kate Steinle] and protect the hundreds of Americans who are shot and killed or injured every day in America is to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people. Why are we more upset that she was shot by an immigrant than that she was shot and killed???”
/----/ "every day in America is to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people. " Hey gun grabber why not enforce the laws already on the books?

In all their irrational railing against the commonsense idea of arming some teachers, liberals ignore the fact that there have been numerous times when armed citizens have intervened to stop bad guys and save lives. They also ignore the fact that would-be shooters naturally avoid facilities where they know that some of the people inside are armed.

11 times a good guy with a gun stopped a bad guy, saving lives - Photos - Washington Times

Texas church shooting not the first time a good guy with gun takes down mass shooter

To Stop Mass School Shootings, Fight Fire With Fire By Arming Teachers

20 Times Bad Guys Were Stopped by Armed Citizens in 2016 | Breitbart

A few excerpts from these articles:

The armed civilian who used his assault rifle to stop Sunday’s mass murder of 26 Texas churchgoers has been hailed, rightly, as a hero, but Stephen Willeford is hardly unique. A number of armed American citizens have also used their firearms to stop or limit mass killings.

In 2007, former cop and volunteer security worker, Jeanne Assam, saved the day at New Life Church in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Thousands of people were exiting from Sunday mass that day as the shooter opened fire. However, Assam ran toward the line of fire, killing the shooter and saving countless lives.

Alton Nolen of Moore, Okla., was charged with first-degree murder in the gruesome beheading of a Vaughan Foods worker. His rampage was halted by Mark Vaughan, a reserve sheriff’s deputy and the company’s chief operating officer, who used his personal firearm to wound Nolen.

On March 12, a concealed carry permit holder shot and killed a man who was allegedly swinging a hatchet at customers and a store clerk in a Seattle-area 7-Eleven. According to Q13 Fox, the “store clerk says the masked man entered the store and immediately started swinging a hatchet toward a customer — then he turned his sights on the clerk.” The clerk was struck in the stomach and suffered “minor injuries” before the attack was stopped by an armed customer who shot the suspect. The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene.

On April 28, an 80-year-old woman shot and killed a man who allegedly stabbed her husband and invaded their home. The incident occurred in Sultan, Washington, around 8:30 pm. The Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office told Fox 8 that the 25-year-old intruder entered the home and stabbed the husband “multiple times in the abdomen.” The wife shot the intruder, who died on scene. The husband was in stable condition.
You seem to ignore the fact that the vast majority of teachers think its a colossally retarded idea to arm teachers.
Talked to them all huh, liar?
I only talked to 5 of them. However, I can read unlike you monkey.
Ok liar you claim the majority yet you admit to 5. That's a real majority.

In all their irrational railing against the commonsense idea of arming some teachers, liberals ignore the fact that there have been numerous times when armed citizens have intervened to stop bad guys and save lives. They also ignore the fact that would-be shooters naturally avoid facilities where they know that some of the people inside are armed.

11 times a good guy with a gun stopped a bad guy, saving lives - Photos - Washington Times

Texas church shooting not the first time a good guy with gun takes down mass shooter

The armed civilian who used his assault rifle to stop Sunday’s mass murder of 26 Texas churchgoers has been hailed, rightly, as a hero, but Stephen Willeford is hardly unique. A number of armed American citizens have also used their firearms to stop or limit mass killings.

In 2007, former cop and volunteer security worker, Jeanne Assam, saved the day at New Life Church in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Thousands of people were exiting from Sunday mass that day as the shooter opened fire. However, Assam ran toward the line of fire, killing the shooter and saving countless lives.

Alton Nolen of Moore, Okla., was charged with first-degree murder in the gruesome beheading of a Vaughan Foods worker. His rampage was halted by Mark Vaughan, a reserve sheriff’s deputy and the company’s chief operating officer, who used his personal firearm to wound Nolen.

On March 12, a concealed carry permit holder shot and killed a man who was allegedly swinging a hatchet at customers and a store clerk in a Seattle-area 7-Eleven. According to Q13 Fox, the “store clerk says the masked man entered the store and immediately started swinging a hatchet toward a customer — then he turned his sights on the clerk.” The clerk was struck in the stomach and suffered “minor injuries” before the attack was stopped by an armed customer who shot the suspect. The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene.

On April 28, an 80-year-old woman shot and killed a man who allegedly stabbed her husband and invaded their home. The incident occurred in Sultan, Washington, around 8:30 pm. The Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office told Fox 8 that the 25-year-old intruder entered the home and stabbed the husband “multiple times in the abdomen.” The wife shot the intruder, who died on scene. The husband was in stable condition.
You know, when I was reading your post, I thought what if teachers were carrying and the shooter thought there was a good chance he might be shot while trying to mow down kids? Just the thought might make him think twice before concocting this plan in the first place. Right now everyone knows a school is a very soft target. What if everyone knew that there most likely 30+ people in that school armed and waiting for him?
Then they would probably choose cnn headquarters.

You seem to ignore the fact that the vast majority of teachers think its a colossally retarded idea to arm teachers.

Oh, really? Is this another reason that American education ranks so poorly compared to other industrialized nations? Are these the same egg-headed teachers who are failing to teach so many of our kids how to read at a ninth-grade level, how to spell, how to formulate a valid sentence, how to do basic math, etc., etc.? Are these the same teachers who "graduate" students who can't name the first and second Presidents of the U.S., can't name the three branches of government, can't identify the time frames of major events like the War of Independence and the Civil War, and can't describe a single constitutional amendment? Those teachers?

Would you be willing to let the minority of teachers who have some common sense and who want to keep a gun at school do so?

Nobody's stopping schools from arming teachers.

WHAT??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nobody except Democrat-controlled school boards, Democratic principals, Democratic governors, and Democratic caucuses in state legislatures who have enough votes to block/filibuster bills to allow armed teachers.

Here in my county, our brainwashed students are gonna stage a walkout to protest the idea of allowing any teachers to carry a gun at school.

Do you know a teacher? Go ask one who lives in a county controlled by Democrats what would happen if his/here principal knew they were gonna carry a gun, even concealed, at their school.

WHAT??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nobody except Democrat-controlled school boards, Democratic principals, Democratic governors, and Democratic caucuses in state legislatures who have enough votes to block/filibuster bills to allow armed teachers.

Here in my county, our brainwashed students are gonna stage a walkout to protest the idea of allowing any teachers to carry a gun at school.

Do you know a teacher? Go ask one who lives in a county controlled by Democrats what would happen if his/here principal knew they were gonna carry a gun, even concealed, at their school.

Ok, so you want the big central government in Washington to mandate school security.

Do you want your federal taxes raised to pay for it?

You don't get credit for solving a problem you created.

If we didn't have all these guns, we wouldn't have all this gun crime.

Also, most of your "lists" of "good guys with guns' are usually military reservists or reserve police officers or security officers. People who have been trained, vetted and belong to some kind of structure.

What we don't hear about. Billy-bob the redneck with his arsenal stopping a bad guy because he usually IS the bad guy.

I would hope that person would be fired for endangering his students.

Four trained police officers hesitated when confronting Cruz, but you really think the Lunch Lady was going to take him out?

`
For some odd reason, the OP equates law abiding gun owners who stop crimes with prudent and common sense laws to keep those same guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally incompetent. Not logical or even smart. Let me put it this way;
`
`

gun_owner_wind.jpg

Ok, so you want the big central government in Washington to mandate school security. Do you want your federal taxes raised to pay for it?

Oh, so NOW you don't like federal mandates?!!! Wow, Trump has transformed you guys. NOW you care about federal mandates, deficits, debt, supporting the troops, guarding classified information, and how much rich people pay in state and local taxes, etc., etc.

The cost would be minimal. Teachers who are already gun certified could begin carrying a concealed gun at school immediately. Teachers who are willing to be armed but who have no firearms training or certification could be sent to a gun-safety course--such courses are short and cost little. This isn't rocket science.

The cost would be minimal. Teachers who are already gun certified could begin carrying a concealed gun at school immediately. Teachers who are willing to be armed but who have no firearms training or certification could be sent to a gun-safety course--such courses are short and cost little. This isn't rocket science.

One more time, buddy.

Four trained police officers hesitated in confronting Cruz and his arsenal.

And you expect the math teacher to take him out?

we need to ban thee type of assault weapons....that's my opinion and I'm sticking by it!

What I Saw Treating the Victims From Parkland Should Change the Debate on Guns

As I opened the CT scan last week to read the next case, I was baffled. The history simply read “gunshot wound.” I have been a radiologist in one of the busiest trauma centers in the nation for 13 years, and have diagnosed thousands of handgun injuries to the brain, lung, liver, spleen, bowel, and other vital organs. I thought that I knew all that I needed to know about gunshot wounds, but the specific pattern of injury on my computer screen was one that I had seen only once before.

In a typical handgun injury that I diagnose almost daily, a bullet leaves a laceration through an organ like the liver. To a radiologist, it appears as a linear, thin, grey bullet track through the organ. There may be bleeding and some bullet fragments.

I was looking at a CT scan of one of the victims of the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, who had been brought to the trauma center during my call shift. The organ looked like an overripe melon smashed by a sledgehammer, with extensive bleeding. How could a gunshot wound have caused this much damage?

The reaction in the emergency room was the same. One of the trauma surgeons opened a young victim in the operating room, and found only shreds of the organ that had been hit by a bullet from an AR-15, a semi-automatic rifle which delivers a devastatingly lethal, high-velocity bullet to the victim. There was nothing left to repair, and utterly, devastatingly, nothing that could be done to fix the problem. The injury was fatal.

A year ago, when a gunman opened fire at the Fort Lauderdale airport with a 9mm semiautomatic handgun, hitting 11 people in 90 seconds, I was also on call. It was not until I had diagnosed the third of the six victims who were transported to the trauma center that I realized something out-of-the-ordinary must have happened. The gunshot wounds were the same low velocity handgun injuries as those I diagnose every day; only their rapid succession set them apart. And all six of the victims who arrived at the hospital that day survived.

Routine handgun injuries leave entry and exit wounds and linear tracks through the victim's body that are roughly the size of the bullet. If the bullet does not directly hit something crucial like the heart or the aorta, and they do not bleed to death before being transported to our care at a trauma center, chances are, we can save the victim.

The bullets fired by an AR-15 are different; they travel at higher velocity and are far more lethal. The damage they cause is a function of the energy they impart as they pass through the body. A typical AR-15 bullet leaves the barrel traveling almost three times faster than, and imparting more than three times the energy of, a typical 9mm bullet from a handgun. An AR-15 rifle outfitted with a magazine with 50 rounds allows many more lethal bullets to be delivered quickly without reloading.

As a doctor, I feel I have a duty to inform the public of what I have learned as I have observed these wounds and cared for these patients. It’s clear to me that AR-15 or other high-velocity weapons, especially when outfitted with a high-capacity magazine, have no place in a civilian’s gun cabinet. I have friends who own AR-15 rifles; they enjoy shooting them at target practice for sport, and fervently defend their right to own them. But I cannot accept that their right to enjoy their hobby supersedes my right to send my own children to school, to a movie theater, or to a concert and to know that they are safe. Can the answer really be to subject our school children to active shooter drills—to learn to hide under desks, turn off the lights, lock the door and be silent—instead of addressing the root cause of the problem and passing legislation to take AR-15-style weapons out of the hands of civilian

Banning the AR-15 should not be a partisan issue. While there may be no consensus on many questions of gun control, there seems to be broad support for removing high-velocity, lethal weaponry and high-capacity magazines from the market, which would drastically reduce the incidence of mass murders. Every constitutionally guaranteed right that we are blessed to enjoy comes with responsibilities. Even our right to free speech is not limitless. Second Amendment gun rights must respect the same boundaries.

Four trained police officers hesitated when confronting Cruz, but you really think the Lunch Lady was going to take him out?
If she had a gun she could. Then how would you lie? But then to completely answer your lie, the police didn't confront Cruz they hid in the shadows like you would do.

Last edited:
If she had a gun she could. Then how would you lie? But then to completely answer your lie, the police didn't confront Cruz they his in the shadows like you would do.

Well, no she wouldn't.

These cops didn't know how to react, so I wouldn't expect the Lunch Lady to react either.

You see, the thing is, Cruz spent months planning out what he was going to do. He amassed an arsenal, planned his route through the schools, figured out where he had to be to shoot the most people.

The cop or the lunch lady is only going to have a couple of seconds to decide what to do, and if they guess wrong, they might die or kill someone else by mistake.

If she had a gun she could. Then how would you lie? But then to completely answer your lie, the police didn't confront Cruz they his in the shadows like you would do.

Well, no she wouldn't.

These cops didn't know how to react, so I wouldn't expect the Lunch Lady to react either.

You see, the thing is, Cruz spent months planning out what he was going to do. He amassed an arsenal, planned his route through the schools, figured out where he had to be to shoot the most people.

The cop or the lunch lady is only going to have a couple of seconds to decide what to do, and if they guess wrong, they might die or kill someone else by mistake.
/----/ "Well, no she wouldn't. " It's bizzare how you assign qualities to people you don't know or for this example don't even know exist just to support your gun grabbing agenda.
BTW:
CBS NEWS September 22, 2017, 7:52 AM
Illinois school where teacher took down gunman recently trained for active shooters
Illinois school where teacher took down gunman recently trained for active shooters
New details Friday morning about the high school teacher who stopped a student gunman in Illinois on Wednesday. Investigators are working through about 200 interviews to figure out the gunman's motive and how he obtained his weapon, but police are already pointing to the incident as an example of the value of preparing teachers to respond to active shooters.

According to witnesses, veteran math and P.E. teacher Angela McQueen grabbed the shooter's arm and subdued him after he opened fire in Mattoon High School's cafeteria.

The four deputies weren't being shot at. They were hiding outside.

If this kid was drawing down on the Lunch Lady and she was armed,
I have no doubt she would have fired.

It's not like we bring in negotiators to deal with these nut jobs. They're
there to kill. And there is only one way to stop them.

Forum List

Back