Number of Government Jobs Lost in February: Not many

xsited1

Agent P
Sep 15, 2008
Little Rock, AR
It's so unreal. I'm not really worried for myself, but some of the people I work with would just be devastated if they lost their jobs and these people in Washington give themselves a raise. If you took everyone on my row and added our pay together I don't think we'd make as much as someone in Congress. And we all work a full week. It's just not right.

Obama did say he "expects his economic recovery plan to save or create 3.5 million jobs over the next two years." I guess he meant saving Government jobs.

Wrong again, Xbot. I know you don't like Obama, but please check out your facts.

Right here in Florida we will have construction jobs created to work on 595 and other highway projects. Not government jobs. Private citizens who can't find other work.

I have no idea how the government is being hit on jobs loss. Is there any data anyone has?

WELCOME to BOOM TOWN USA!!!!

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

:party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

So who's coming here? We have plenty of houses we kicked the illegals out of. The latest reports are that we will be hiring between 100,000 and 250,000 new GOVERNMENT WORKERS. Most, right here in Washington, DC.

So who's coming to the BOOM TOWN?

WELCOME to BOOM TOWN USA!!!!

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

:party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

So who's coming here? We have plenty of houses we kicked the illegals out of. The latest reports are that we will be hiring between 100,000 and 250,000 new GOVERNMENT WORKERS. Most, right here in Washington, DC.

So who's coming to the BOOM TOWN?

So that's what Obama was talking about when he said he would create (or save) jobs! GOVERNMENT JOBS!!!!

Wrong again, Xbot. I know you don't like Obama, but please check out your facts.

Right here in Florida we will have construction jobs created to work on 595 and other highway projects. Not government jobs. Private citizens who can't find other work.

I have no idea how the government is being hit on jobs loss. Is there any data anyone has?

Don't be silly. I love Obama! Obama is GREAT!

Funny how the government doesn't like to post how many jobs are lost. Maybe there are known, eh? Or maybe Obama is growing the government. A couple trillion dollars can go a long way. Maybe I'll get a government job and work 3 days a week. :tongue:

Obama did say he "expects his economic recovery plan to save or create 3.5 million jobs over the next two years." I guess he meant saving Government jobs.

Government loosing their jobs, ha.ha.ha! Personally I would love to see our entire congress & senate loose their jobs about right now.

We are moving very quickly into a welfare nation--that means more government jobs! They have got to hire a lot of people to re-distribute all this money they have mortgaged from the American tax-payer.

I hate to keep bringing up Jimmy Carter--but he did the same thing. He gave his staff a huge raise while the economy was collapsing. And I sure don't remember any people working for the federal government loosing their jobs back then either.

Actually Bush was the first one to try and destroy the economy.

I will check back with you in 6 months to a year and see what is happening.

Maybe I'll get a government job and work 3 days a week.

That's only elected officials. Real government workers have a five or more day week just like real other workers.

Actually Bush was the first one to try and destroy the economy.

I will check back with you in 6 months to a year and see what is happening.

Maybe I'll get a government job and work 3 days a week.

That's only elected officials. Real government workers have a five or more day week just like real other workers.

Actually, there were plenty of people before Bush who tried to destroy the economy. Glad Obama is following Bush's footsteps. And 'Real' government workers have to work at a maximum of 35 hours a week (taking into account breaks).

The private sector seems to be getting hit hard.

U.S. private sector cuts 697,000 jobs in February

(Note: I couldn't find any information about the number of government jobs lost. Since this information isn't readily available with a standard google search, I'm assuming that the number of government jobs lost is low or even zero.)

Hopefully this will help the economy:

Gateway Pundit: Congress Gets Raise-- Now Paid $174,000 For 3 Day Work Week

Well I can tell you that the number o state employees is decreasing.

And more, that the number of people whose businesses contract with the STATES to do social projects on behalf of the states are in SERIOUS fiscal difficulties and laying off (forever, I suspect) workers in all sort of areas.

Maine is laying off State Troopers, and prison guards as well as bureaucratic functionaries so you KNOW things are bad in the Vacation State.

The private sector seems to be getting hit hard.

U.S. private sector cuts 697,000 jobs in February

(Note: I couldn't find any information about the number of government jobs lost. Since this information isn't readily available with a standard google search, I'm assuming that the number of government jobs lost is low or even zero.)

Hopefully this will help the economy:

Gateway Pundit: Congress Gets Raise-- Now Paid $174,000 For 3 Day Work Week

Well I can tell you that the number o state employees is decreasing.

And more, that the number of people whose businesses contract with the STATES to do social projects on behalf of the states are in SERIOUS fiscal difficulties and laying off (forever, I suspect) workers in all sort of areas.

Maine is laying off State Troopers, and prison guards as well as bureaucratic functionaries so you KNOW things are bad in the Vacation State.

Good info. I have a sister who works for the State (of Arkansas) and her husband who works for the Federal Government. They haven't reported any cutbacks yet. I still can't find employment statistics for government employees. I'm sure the information is out there. If anyone can find it, please post it.

Forum List

Back