Earmarks versus Honesty and Integrity

Mar 5, 2009
What in the world is protecting President Obama from being publicly condemned so thoroughly that shame causes him to do what he said he would do: not sign pork-laden bills loaded by both Democrats and Republicans in Congress with earmarks?

Could there be a better time than the current economic meltdown and skyrocketing debt-based federal spending to put a stop to ludicrous, wasteful spending?

Obama promised that he would keep the earmarks at a certain percentage of the total bills when he too office. He met this on the ominibus spending bill. It is significantly less than under the Republican rule.

In future bills, you will see even less of the useless earmarks with the bill they are currently working on to correct this process. If they don't, I will complain and write to my reps just like I do now when I disagree with what they do.

The question you need to ask is when is an earmark a waste of money and when is an earmark a worthwhile project. Unlike McBain, all earmarks are not created equally evil.

Sorry, but even God took 7 days to create the world, and so far only the right is using the strawman argument that Obama is the Messiah.

What in the world is protecting President Obama from being publicly condemned so thoroughly that shame causes him to do what he said he would do: not sign pork-laden bills loaded by both Democrats and Republicans in Congress with earmarks?

Could there be a better time than the current economic meltdown and skyrocketing debt-based federal spending to put a stop to ludicrous, wasteful spending?

he ain't gonna do it,, he's got payback he owes all those assholes who put him in office.. he's spending like a hooker in Nieman Marcus. :lol::lol:

For how many years were Republicans absolutely silent on earmarks? How many pork barrel projects were issued in the 2000s under the Republican Congress that Bush signed and how many of you right-wing cookoos said anything about it?

Answer: NONE

For how many years were Republicans absolutely silent on earmarks? How many pork barrel projects were issued in the 2000s under the Republican Congress that Bush signed and how many of you right-wing cookoos said anything about it?

Hey asshole! we happen to be currently talking about how the obamalama promised to veto all pork and earmarks,, oh well, shitcan another promise from the liar in chief.

There could not be a better time than now. His absolute unconcern is telling, heh?

Obama promised that he would keep the earmarks at a certain percentage of the total bills when he too office. He met this on the ominibus spending bill. It is significantly less than under the Republican rule.

In future bills, you will see even less of the useless earmarks with the bill they are currently working on to correct this process. If they don't, I will complain and write to my reps just like I do now when I disagree with what they do.

The question you need to ask is when is an earmark a waste of money and when is an earmark a worthwhile project. Unlike McBain, all earmarks are not created equally evil.

Sorry, but even God took 7 days to create the world, and so far only the right is using the strawman argument that Obama is the Messiah.

All that contribute to deficits are. If they are that important have them lower spending on something else like any prudent family has to do.

he ain't gonna do it,, he's got payback he owes all those assholes who put him in office.. he's spending like a hooker in Nieman Marcus. :lol::lol:

Are you calling Palin's spending spree at neiman's, "hookerish"? :lol:

It ain't him that owes these people, it is the various senators and congressmen that are paying back favors....or honestly looking out for their community....only their hairdresser knows.

Care

It ain't him that owes these people, it is the various senators and congressmen that are paying back favors....or honestly looking out for their community....only their hairdresser knows.

Care

how much has the hooker palin spent in comparison to the whore we know as obamalama???

McCain /Feingold are sponsoring a bill to bring back the line item veto in a form that is not unconstitutional, supposedly....saw then talking to the Press yesterday, on c-span for a bit...

Care

how much has the hooker palin spent in comparison to the whore we know as obamalama???
i was just teasing Willow..... when you mentioned Nieman's, couldn't help but think of her incident! :D

Shame causes him to do??? What does shame have to do with it? The guy is just another corrupt Illinois politician. He does what he does because he is corrupt and has no moral foundation for any of his actions.

What I find amazing is that millions of Americans (including myself) decried President Bush's wasteful spending and yet seem to support Obama who may outdo the spending record in the first 3 months of his Presidency. Interesting... :eusa_whistle:

Desperation. Fear. More than a ahlf million people losing their jobs every month, and something like two million families poised to lose their homes this year.

Yes, there could have been.

Back when the economy wasn't in the crapper and we might have been better able to afford to decrease the money suppply in circulation.

But what we were doing back then?

Giving tax breaks to billionaires, spending a trillion dollars in Iraq and creating the conditions where millions of Americans were buying houses they could not possibly afford.

Timing is important in macro-economics, I think.

FWIW I think that Obama's current plans to end wasteful spending might be premature, too.

I ALSO think that his plans to end the tax breaks (the one I SO objected to when they were passed) are also a mistake.

Whe economic circumstances change, then our actions have to change.

The difference in the economy between then (say 6 mos ago) and now are enormous and so my position regarding taxation and spending have LIKEWISE changed.

Last edited:
Hey Anal Opening Willow, show me where he said he would get rid of all earmarks, or quit posting your lies like usual.

he ain't gonna do it,, he's got payback he owes all those assholes who put him in office.. he's spending like a hooker in Nieman Marcus.

Sound more like Sarah Palin.

Personally, i hope some form of a line item veto passes that meets SC muster.

I don't think this is the time to spending on anything questionable in nature or earmarked in nature....

It's time to tighten up, where it can be tightened, and spend, where it will help ALL OF US in the long run and not just one specific state alone.

I hope they give this line item veto to Obama, then we will see his true position on this....

Fail, he said NO earmaks ........

Hey asshole! we happen to be currently talking about how the obamalama promised to veto all pork and earmarks,, oh well, shitcan another promise from the liar in chief.

you act like this can be solved as fast as this economic issue. No it cant working with so many people who want to do for them rather than the country takes time. Earmarks have come from both the Democrat and Republican sides on this last bill. But a good thing is atleast is a fraction compared to previous administrations.

Please show me a video via Youtube that has Obama saying "I vow to veto all bills that have any earmarks on them."

Thank you.

Oh and how's privatizing social security going for Bush? Wait, that never happened.

And how's the funding for No Child Left Behind going? Oh wait, he forgot to fund that too.

And the 1300 rural health centers to be opened up with public taxpayer money? Never happened.

What about nation building? No, that never happened eite... oh wait, yes it did. I'm sure if I even put an ounce of effort into it, I could come up with at least two dozen campaign promises that Bush broke.

Oh, but that doesn't matter, does it? Because Bush has an R next to his name. You are quickly becoming one of the less interesting members of this forum - you can't even think beyond the scope of your narrow-mindedness.

Hey Anal Opening Willow, show me where he said he would get rid of all earmarks, or quit posting your lies like usual.

he ain't gonna do it,, he's got payback he owes all those assholes who put him in office.. he's spending like a hooker in Nieman Marcus.

Sound more like Sarah Palin.

My goal is to out lie you DUMBazz it's a challenge!

Please show me a video via Youtube that has Obama saying "I vow to veto all bills that have any earmarks on them."

Thank you.

Oh and how's privatizing social security going for Bush? Wait, that never happened.

And how's the funding for No Child Left Behind going? Oh wait, he forgot to fund that too.

And the 1300 rural health centers to be opened up with public taxpayer money? Never happened.

What about nation building? No, that never happened eite... oh wait, yes it did. I'm sure if I even put an ounce of effort into it, I could come up with at least two dozen campaign promises that Bush broke.

Oh, but that doesn't matter, does it? Because Bush has an R next to his name. You are quickly becoming one of the less interesting members of this forum - you can't even think beyond the scope of your narrow-mindedness.

you got more twists than yer average snake,, so if he didn't say All nine thousand is okay???? :cuckoo:

idiot

Forum List

Back