more change we can believe in

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
What happened to the vetters?

"President Obama's newly named Economic Recovery Advisory Board, the real-world Americans being asked to help solve the nation's financial crisis, includes a union executive who took the Fifth in a federal probe, a billionaire whose failed bank pioneered the subprime mortgage market, and deep-pocket donors who gave or gathered nearly $1.2 million for the president's campaign."

hope springs eternal. :rofl:

Howard Kurtz - No Man of Steele - washingtonpost.com

"President Obama's newly named Economic Recovery Advisory Board, the real-world Americans being asked to help solve the nation's financial crisis, includes a union executive who took the Fifth in a federal probe, a billionaire whose failed bank pioneered the subprime mortgage market, and deep-pocket donors who gave or gathered nearly $1.2 million for the president's campaign."

I'm losing hope for Obama but when I start to feel really bad about it I imagine what it would have been like if Hillary had won. :eek:

I'm losing hope for Obama but when I start to feel really bad about it I imagine what it would have been like if Hillary had won. :eek:

Don't let this get out, but I'm starting to look favorably on Hil.

The President is actually embarassing the nation: Gordon Brown, the leader of a country with which we have a 200 year alliance, brought President Obama "Mr Brown's gifts included an ornamental desk pen holder made from the oak timbers of Victorian anti-slaver HMS Gannet, once named HMS President.

Mr Obama was so delighted he has already put it in pride of place in the Oval Office on the Resolute desk which was carved from timbers of Gannet's sister ship, HMS Resolute. "

Before you read this story, see if you can guess what our President gave Mr. Brown:

Just what he always wanted, Barack: Obama's blockbuster gift of 25 DVDs for Brown to reaffirm the 'special relationship' | Mail Online

I would have taken Hillary over Obama any day.

Don't let this get out, but I'm starting to look favorably on Hil.

The President is actually embarassing the nation: Gordon Brown, the leader of a country with which we have a 200 year alliance, brought President Obama "Mr Brown's gifts included an ornamental desk pen holder made from the oak timbers of Victorian anti-slaver HMS Gannet, once named HMS President.

Mr Obama was so delighted he has already put it in pride of place in the Oval Office on the Resolute desk which was carved from timbers of Gannet's sister ship, HMS Resolute. "

Before you read this story, see if you can guess what our President gave Mr. Brown:

Just what he always wanted, Barack: Obama's blockbuster gift of 25 DVDs for Brown to reaffirm the 'special relationship' | Mail Online

gordon was hoping for an itunes gift card.

Me two.

I don't know, I would have to flip a coin.

Well ... Hillary mentioned a lot of policies that were neither left nor right (probably why she lost ultimately) and a few that were even conservative. At least there would have been a balance of some sort in policy. Obama is just mimicking Jr..

I'm starting to lean your way on the fence

Although if it had been McCain versus Hillary and McCain chose a better VP, I would have had a hard time choosing. Since it was McCain with a bad VP pick versus Obama (who did not impress me at all) I just chose not to vote.

I don't understand why you make a distinction. Obama was trained by disciples of Saul Alinsky and Hillary actually worked for Saul Alinsky. They both did the same thing and they both believe the same way. I think Hillary might be a bit more criminally minded than Obama but only marginally.

By the way, before people start throwing me under the bus for such a scurrilous accusation, this has been proven again and again. For the sake of this post let's just start at the beginning and we can work our way through if I get a challenge. Alinsky used his influence with Burke Marshall to land Hillary her first plum assignment as a lawyer on the committee looking into Watergate.

Jerry Zeifman, a lifelong Democrat, supervised the work of 27-year-old Hillary Rodham on the committee. Hillary got a job working on the investigation at the behest of her former law professor, Burke Marshall, who was also Sen. Ted Kennedy’s chief counsel in the Chappaquiddick affair. When the investigation was over, Zeifman fired Hillary from the committee staff and refused to give her a letter of recommendation – one of only three people who earned that dubious distinction in Zeifman’s 17-year career.

“Because she was a liar,” Zeifman said in an interview last week. “She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality.”

It really just goes down hill from here. This is cited any number of places on the Internet, just Google Hillary Clinton and Watergate. My source was here but the original is on Zeifman's own site.

I don't understand why you make a distinction. Obama was trained by disciples of Saul Alinsky and Hillary actually worked for Saul Alinsky. They both did the same thing and they both believe the same way. I think Hillary might be a bit more criminally minded than Obama but only marginally.

By the way, before people start throwing me under the bus for such a scurrilous accusation, this has been proven again and again. For the sake of this post let's just start at the beginning and we can work our way through if I get a challenge. Alinsky used his influence with Burke Marshall to land Hillary her first plum assignment as a lawyer on the committee looking into Watergate.

Jerry Zeifman, a lifelong Democrat, supervised the work of 27-year-old Hillary Rodham on the committee. Hillary got a job working on the investigation at the behest of her former law professor, Burke Marshall, who was also Sen. Ted Kennedy’s chief counsel in the Chappaquiddick affair. When the investigation was over, Zeifman fired Hillary from the committee staff and refused to give her a letter of recommendation – one of only three people who earned that dubious distinction in Zeifman’s 17-year career.

“Because she was a liar,” Zeifman said in an interview last week. “She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality.”

It really just goes down hill from here. This is cited any number of places on the Internet, just Google Hillary Clinton and Watergate. My source was here but the original is on Zeifman's own site.

The original, if you want to call it that, is on Zeifman's website...along with his meandering regarding his dream sequence conversations with Eleanor Roosevelt in which he imbues her words with his political imaginations!:cuckoo:

His claims beg the question. Why haven’t his accusations been picked up by the mainstream media, or, at least, by the right wing talking heads like ole Rash Limburger…even after he has published them in two books that he’s pushing a bargain basement prices?

The original, if you want to call it that, is on Zeifman's website...along with his meandering regarding his dream sequence conversations with Eleanor Roosevelt in which he imbues her words with his political imaginations!:cuckoo:

His claims beg the question. Why haven’t his accusations been picked up by the mainstream media, or, at least, by the right wing talking heads like ole Rash Limburger…even after he has published them in two books that he’s pushing a bargain basement prices?

Eleanor Roosevelt must be a weird Dem thing to try to channel. I remember when Hillary was in the White House she had a seance or some crap and tried to talk to Eleanor. :cuckoo:

I think all you dems are nuts so don't ask me to discriminate about which is nuttier than the other. I'm just saying Hillary is a little more criminally minded than Obama. Do you say no?

Forum List

Back