Number 1 in Golf?

I don't think I'd ever heard of that Jones guy before but this win was one for the ages. The long putt on 18 for birdie, then the chip in...what are the chances?

Still Kucher didn't deserve to win. Fucked up the two most important approach shots in the tournament.

The Masters is a beautiful tournament this year. No asshole this year. And Adam Scott looks like he will take the #1 spot from him this week.

Bubba won his second green jacket. The super human is still #1, but hasn't even had a top ten finish this year. The PGA sure loves a cheater.

I don't agree with all your assertions on Tiger, but I do agree that the PGA rankings system seem to focus more on who brings in the larger crowds than it does on who is playing the best golf. I must say I don't understand it. But of course, its understanding is near the bottom of my priorities list. In other words, I don't really care.

The longer the PGA continues their very skewed ranking system, the more credibility the game of golf loses.

I don't agree with all your assertions on Tiger, but I do agree that the PGA rankings system seem to focus more on who brings in the larger crowds than it does on who is playing the best golf. I must say I don't understand it. But of course, its understanding is near the bottom of my priorities list. In other words, I don't really care.

The longer the PGA continues their very skewed ranking system, the more credibility the game of golf loses.

They don't care about the crowds, they care about corporate sponsor dollars.

The PGA Tour NEEDS Tiger to be playing. Viewership during the Masters was down 40% with no Woods and no Mickelson. To the generic sports public, the possibilities in any tournament are, (a) Tiger wins, and (b) somebody else wins. That is as closely as they are willing to look. And if it's Option (b) they won't tune in.

I like to watch Tiger in the thick of it so that I can root against him, but that still counts. I'm watching the tube.

Congratulations to Bubba. When the pressure increased he kept his cool and played well.

Tiger did this to himself.

After his sex scandal, he decided he no longer deserved to win. Shame is a powerful motivator.

If he ever changes his mind about his own worthiness, he'll have an amazing comeback.....

Tiger's ex wife probably still has her hooks in him what with the custody/visitation issues and all. She could be making vicious statements to him all the time just to screw with his head. Who knows..but a woman scorned is a mofo.

The PGA Tour NEEDS Tiger to be playing. Viewership during the Masters was down 40% with no Woods and no Mickelson. To the generic sports public, the possibilities in any tournament are, (a) Tiger wins, and (b) somebody else wins. That is as closely as they are willing to look. And if it's Option (b) they won't tune in.

I like to watch Tiger in the thick of it so that I can root against him, but that still counts. I'm watching the tube.

Congratulations to Bubba. When the pressure increased he kept his cool and played well.

Ha ha! That's like saying the WWE needs Hulk Hogan and the Nature Boy back. But they went to the "has been" TNA.
Tiger hasn't been in the thick of it for a long time. His last three tournaments, he came in last or didn't finish. I love to watch him throw a fit.

Last edited:
Alls I'm saying is that when Tiger is in the hunt on Saturday and Sunday, no matter what tournament you are talking about, the TV audience and even the number of people gawking on the course increase dramatically. Viewers = ad revenue. Ad revenue filters down to the players eventually.

Even if you watch to see him fail, you are watching.

All of the players are keenly aware of this phenomenon and they want him back.

FINALLY! Kucher gagged on the 17th yesterday, missing two three foot putts to bogey the hole and to fallback into a tie for first. But then on eighteen, he knocked it in the hole from the bunker for a birdie, and finally won after coming in second for the past three tournaments. Three seconds and a win in one month, while the "super human" sits out with a bad back. The asshole is still #1 without doing anything all year. That's bullshit.

FINALLY! Kucher gagged on the 17th yesterday, missing two three foot putts to bogey the hole and to fallback into a tie for first. But then on eighteen, he knocked it in the hole from the bunker for a birdie, and finally won after coming in second for the past three tournaments. Three seconds and a win in one month, while the "super human" sits out with a bad back. The asshole is still #1 without doing anything all year. That's bullshit.

You keep insisting that Woods is an asshole. It seems to me that there are plenty of athletes over the past few decades and even now that are far more deserving of the "asshole" moniker. I could come up with a list rather quickly as could you. Is there something in particular that inspired your wrath?

You keep insisting that Woods is an asshole. It seems to me that there are plenty of athletes over the past few decades and even now that are far more deserving of the "asshole" moniker. I could come up with a list rather quickly as could you. Is there something in particular that inspired your wrath?

Yeah, lots of athletes think they're special, and can fuck hordes of ***** behind their wives backs. But maybe I'm just envious of him having been given a million dollars worth of clubs, lessons and season passes to all the best golf courses all his life, from the time he was two years old, and never having to work a day in his life. Maybe I don't like the fact that NIKE paid him $200 million to wear a swish on his hat before he ever even won a tournament, and the workers that make the products get paid 50 cents an hour. And I definitely resent the fact that he hasn't even been in the top twenty-five for six months, and hasn't played in a month, and came in last the three times before that, and is still ranked #1 in the world. I can't decide who is less honorable, Tigger or the PGA.

Goodness gracious, Mr. Hangover person, you have issues with envy! Mr. Woods didn't start getting the freebies you mentioned until he started to exhibit extraordinary talent. And to say that he never had to "work" is just silly. The number of hours he spent honing his skills when his contemporary students were playing video games is uncountable.

Do you fault him for exploiting his talent and notoriety?

And he has nothing to do with the USGA's system for rating golfers. HE KNOWS he is not the golfer he once was, and ANYONE WHO FOLLOWS GOLF KNOWS that if it were not for his nagging knee and back injuries he would still be winning about half the tournaments he enters, year round.

Is he likable? Maybe not. But if you are going to scorn every "superstar" who is a jerk (or has committed adultery) that's a lot of scorn there.

But back to golf, you gotta feel good about Kuchar finally winning one, and about how he did it. Putting up that great number on Sunday was a huge accomplishment.

The players starts tomorrow, and still no "super human". The PGA treats all the other pros like they should have to drink out of a different drinking fountain, ...second class. The best the "super human" has done in the last six months is 25th, missed cuts, dropped out of tournaments, and hasn't even played in over a month, and still all other players are....second class. At least the FED EX has him where he belongs...off the chart.

The players starts tomorrow, and still no "super human". The PGA treats all the other pros like they should have to drink out of a different drinking fountain, ...second class. The best the "super human" has done in the last six months is 25th, missed cuts, dropped out of tournaments, and hasn't even played in over a month, and still all other players are....second class. At least the FED EX has him where he belongs...off the chart.

Well... Tiger's absense from actively leading the pack has certainly left a gaping hole for some other talented player/s to step up and step in and that has not happened.

I see it as a glaring lack of production by the top dozen or so golfers that have been given opportunity on a silver platter, by Tiger's injuries, and don't have the skill to capture the golfing worlds imagination or even interest. It's not like it is his responsibility to teach them how to be more like a healthy Tiger and fill the void.

Being lower than 270th on the FED EX CUP leader board, and still being ranked #1 by the PGA reveals how rigged the PGA is.

FINALLY! Adam Scott is #1. Stenson and Kucher are there if Scott doesn't handle the pressure. They should both push Tigger farther down this week. Hopefully by the U.S. open the "so called" super human won't be in the top ten. He shouldn't be now.

Forum List

Back