Nucular or Nuculer?

nucular said:
I have received a private message from a moderator or someone purporting to be a moderater suggesting that I desist from discussing why the "Prez' does not know how to pronounce "nuclear". Why do they have a problem with this question?

I don't have a problem with it. The South accent in America is a very unique, and quite endearing form of English. In fact, English speakers all around the world recognize a deep Southern American accent, while they can't understand a lick of a Welsh or Scottish English accent. Southern women are sexy sounding, and Southern men are quant yet real direct like with their accent. In fact, a Southern speaking President is just fine with me.

Either "nucular" is acceptable English or it is not.

You say tomatoe, I say tomato, who cares? I love Brit accents too.

If it is not that makes it impossible to accept the person who says "nucular" as the leader of the free world.[/QUOTE]

Of course it's acceptible. In fact, it's the unique way of speaking which often makes a man political career.

Or if it doesn't, then just make a statement from the moderators that total illiteracy is an acceptable attribute of the self-proclaimed leader of the free world.

See now your going on about some vauge sort of reasoning to link an accent to being 'illeterate'. I suppose you didn't graduate from an ivy league school yet, with grades better than John Kerry?

Personally I agree. Democracy gives people the government they deserve. I'm on your side. If people want an illiterate as the President I think that's OK.

:clap: :mm:

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
nucular said:
I have received a private message from a moderator or someone purporting to be a moderator suggesting that I desist from discussing why the "Prez' does not know how to pronounce "nuclear".

I asked you to keep it contained within this thread!! Not desist!!

Dude, The President has an accent. There's nothing wrong with that. Even if there was pronouncing a word incorrectly doesn't make someone illiterate.

He is the President. Please tell me whether or not he should be able to speak English. If not, cool, that's democracy. I am not disagreeing with anyone on this list.

But then the Republicans should drop all of their "English Only" initiatives. Right?

nucular said:
He is the President. Please tell me whether or not he should be able to speak English. If not, cool, that's democracy. I am not disagreeing with anyone on this list.

But then the Republicans should drop all of their "English Only" initiatives. Right?

You know the definition of neither "troll" nor "tard" (ironically enough). Bill Clinton doesn't know the definition of "is". Ruth Bader Ginsburg could no more explain the constitutional devolution of power than could a four-year-old - the concept being equally foreign to both of them. Ted Kennedy never passed a bar in his life. And, Hillary Clinton wouldn't know the truth if it knocked her down and drove a stake through her hideous heart.

Why don't we ALL go on a self-improvement kick?

You know what.....if this is the only thing you find wrong about our President - the only thing you are obviously passionate about; the fact that he says a word "funny"...

Then I'll give it to you.

He says nuclear funny.

Dan Quayle couldn't spell potato. People speak with all kinds of accents. I go to Boston and still have a hard time understanding people. But you know what...it happens all over the world. It's called Dialect. It is what makes everyone unique. How you can tell talking to someone what part of the country they are from. The United States, Italy, England, etc.

So the President says nuclear funny.

And?

nucular said:
Mountain Biker,

Please forgive me. I am also a serious biker, abeit urban and fixed gear. Biking unites us. If everyone rode a bike we would not have to be involved in this silly "war".
Yeah right... it's all about oil... we went in to get $6 a barrell oil but now it is $60... Makes sense. Is that ALL you've got? I bet your either still in high school or just out (and I am being overly generous here).

I am watching the Prez on CNN right now (OK I know I should be watching Fox, the remote must have slipped).

He was talking about hundreds of terrorists, but he said "hunderds". That is breathtaking.

nucular said:
I am watching the Prez on CNN right now (OK I know I should be watching Fox, the remote must have slipped).

He was talking about hundreds of terrorists, but he said "hunderds". That is breathtaking.

Is that *still* the worst you've got after 2 days?

Shattered said:
Is that *still* the worst you've got after 2 days?
Grasping... Kerry said GEENGISH Khan. So what is his point?? I would love to hear him get up in front of a group and speak. I would bet he would have just as many slips.

appears to be a mental midget with a fixation on .50 cent words...I sure hope he/she(?) can come up with a little more depth on discussion of why he/she hates GW? :lalala: :blah2: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Grasping... Kerry said GEENGISH Khan. So what is his point?? I would love to hear him get up in front of a group and speak. I would bet he would have just as many slips.
I was just about to post that. Lots of people say nucular. Who cares?

nucular said:

It's not how he says "nuclear" that matters but how he uses them that counts!

Me, I like my nuclear devices used on Cubans, Middle Eastern Terrorists (especially Mecca!), Hollywood Morons, Park Avenue Elites, Bootlicking Liberals who would sell out their country ....

And the best way to serve 'em up? Like we did on Hiroshima, first thing in the morning. Yes sir.... the early bomb get the worm!

OK, everyone, all together now!

(to the tune of "row, row, row your boat")

Glow, glow, glow you Japs
Gently turn to steam!
Merrily merrily merrily
Your city's just been creamed!

KarlMarx said:
It's not how he says "nuclear" that matters but how he uses them that counts!

Me, I like my nuclear devices used on Cubans, Middle Eastern Terrorists (especially Mecca!), Hollywood Morons, Park Avenue Elites, Bootlicking Liberals who would sell out their country ....

And the best way to serve 'em up? Like we did on Hiroshima, first thing in the morning. Yes sir.... the early bomb get the worm!

OK, everyone, all together now!

(to the tune of "row, row, row your boat")

Glow, glow, glow you Japs
Gently turn to steam!
Merrily merrily merrily
Your city's just been creamed!

I must admitt it I feel the same way....Mecca should become a glass factory...the old Ottoman Empire must be put in proper perspective...if ya play....ya must pay! :dance:

archangel said:
I must admitt it I feel the same way....Mecca should become a glass factory...the old Ottoman Empire must be put in proper perspective...if ya play....ya must pay! :dance:
That reminds me!

Fidel under Glass... my favorite!

Give that bearded weasel a nuclear tipped exploding cigar (Cuban, of course!)

KarlMarx said:
That reminds me!

Fidel under Glass... my favorite!

Give that bearded weasel a nuclear tipped exploding cigar (Cuban, of course!)

Way too close to Florida to bomb into real oblivion. Just take a team of SEALs in to end his "reign".

no1tovote4 said:
Way too close to Florida to bomb into real oblivion. Just take a team of SEALs in to end his "reign".

Just completed reading "Fidel - Hollywood's Favorite Tyrant" --- the way the author descibed them, I got the impression that the Cuban military could be easily dispatched by troop of Boy Scouts with pea shooters and that "Maximum Leader" Fidel could be easily taken out by an old lady swinging her handbag.

Which begs the question.... why don't we?

no1tovote4 said:

I take notice to that....why not Army Rangers included...geez...after all they...both the Seals and Army Rangers... got their start in WWII...The Seals were called "Frogmen" and Rangers were Rangers....now called Green Berret's....by the way I like the song "Ballad of the Green Berret's" by Barry Sadler....at any rate all special op's rock! :blowup:

I met Barry Sadler, in Nashville, in 1984. I just looked up his bio on Yahoo; "an interesting character who led an interesting life" would be putting it mildly!

archangel said:
I take notice to that....why not Army Rangers included...geez...after all they...both the Seals and Army Rangers... got their start in WWII...The Seals were called "Frogmen" and Rangers were Rangers....now called Green Berret's....by the way I like the song "Ballad of the Green Berret's" by Barry Sadler....at any rate all special op's rock! :blowup:

Because I am a Navy guy. Geesh!

Forum List

Back