Nuclear Nonproliferation treay

Semper Fi

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2003
Wisconsin
Did North Korea ever sign the nuclear nonproliferation treaty? If they did, then they cannot transport nuclear technology to non-nuclear nations, and if they did, that would be a good basis for which the UN to react.

well what ever happened over there? didnt they kind of back away because the world was busy with iraq and U.S. over seas.

and how did the develop the technology of gather the resources to buy weapons like that withotu us knowing? hmmm.

the man with a gun may be more peaceful than the man with a knife

Originally posted by rangers ride
well what ever happened over there? didnt they kind of back away because the world was busy with iraq and U.S. over seas.

and how did the develop the technology of gather the resources to buy weapons like that withotu us knowing? hmmm.

the man with a gun may be more peaceful than the man with a knife
Wow, where to start.....

In 1994 the illustrious Bill Clinton offered to build NK nuclear reactors if they would stop developing their own and the accepted the offer. However, while they gleefully were allowing the USA and South Korea to build peaceful reactors in North Korea (all free of charge to the North keep in mind) they continued, in secret, developing their own reactors for enriching uranium.

When Bush was elected, he stopped the construction of the reactors once it was known that the North had NEVER kept up their end up the agreement.

Since then, it has come out that NK traded missile technology to Pakistan in return for nuclear technology. It is also now known that NK provided enough enriched uranium to Libya for them to build one nuke (STORY HERE).

Of course, the left wants to blame Bush for NK's continued persuit of nuclear technolgy, but I am not sure how they can do that.

Here is an article that will "enlighten" you on the subject

ahhh...

thanks man, but does anyone sense another small conflict? and since north Korea is a small contry im afraid they might want to make a bigger name for themselves. oh and bomb shelters are half off tommorow. (Joke)

They only want the means to deter attack.

I doubt very seriously they would initiate an attack. A blatant act of aggression would free us from even having to bother with the UN. We would respond instantly, and it wouldn't be pretty for the North Koreans. I would have to think they understand that.

That is of course while President Bush remains in office.

Thats very true, NK to attack would mean the fall of their capital, probably withen days, if not hours. I almost think the North Korean army spends more time learning how to march rather than how to fight (joke).:D

Forum List

Back