CDZ NSA, CIA, FBI Spying on American Citizens

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Boss, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,761
    He did not resign over "what he did" with regard to his communications with Russians. He didn't tell Pence about the details of his conversation and it put Pence in a bad situation. THAT is why he was asked to resign. There was no evidence of a crime or unethical behavior whatsoever... and you even admitted that earlier.

I am going to add, we are in the CDZ where strict rules apply to your posting. You need to back WAY off on the inflammatory and incendiary posting here. This thread is for a serious intellectual discussion and if you're not capable of that, you need to leave.

2. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,350
    Why not? It worked for you with Benghazi.

As opposed to Trump, who is tweeting they need to get rid of Paul Ryan for not being able to get his awful plan passed?

3. mudwhistle

mudwhistle Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,160
    When did this happen?

BTW, Benghazi was a case of criminal negligence. The only reason it became an issue was because of the creation of a false narrative to cover it up. Benghazi is nothing like this.

4. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,350
    Come on, guy. It was the contact with the Russians that was the problem. Not what he did or didn't tell Pence. He doesn't answer to Pence, he answers to Trump. So either he talked to the Russian Ambassador without authorization, which is illegal, or he did it with authorization and then fell on his sword.

I'd kind of like to know which one it is.

Guy, I'm playing by the rules. I'm not calling you any names, and I'm not flaming anyone. I am merely stating the point that even Republicans want this Russia thing investigated. Flynn had to resign because of his activities, some of which came to light after he left, like his lobbying for Turkey trying to get a cleric extradited.

Final thought before I'm done here. I seem to remember a 70 million dollar investigation into a former president's sex life, that involved threatening witnesses with prosecution. It seems that you had no problem with that kind of abuse of state authority for political purposes.

I think any reasonable person would say that conspiring with a hostile foreign power is a much more serious thing than a private affair by an official.

Unsubscribe.

5. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,350
    Yes, this is considerably worse. Benghazi was a series of bad judgment calls by a lot of people (including Mrs. Clinton, but also Ambassador Stevens and his staff). This is colluding with a hostile foreign power.

6. mudwhistle

mudwhistle Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,160
    It is also a lie.
    Again and again they have said there is no evidence of collusion, and yet you dicks think it happened.
    Now the investigation has revealed that the Obama Administration has been spying on all of us, and because this has been discovered the Democrats want anyone conducting the investigation and follows the evidence replaced with someone who looks the other way.

7. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,761
    It is not illegal for the incoming National Security Adviser to talk to the Russian Ambassador or ANY Ambassador. Having contact with a Russian is not a crime.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. oldsoul

oldsoul Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,095
    And the truth finaly comes out. You must feel so much freer now. Remeber, the truth shall set you free!!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. oldsoul

oldsoul Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,095
    I fear both of you (Boss an Mudwhistle) are missing the point here. I'll even use his own words:
    You see, the ends ALWAYS justify the means to these people. Anyone caught in the crossfire is an "acceptable loss" to them. It does not matter that these very same tactics could be used against them in the future, simply because then, and only then, will they see them as a problem. Further, most of them are not forward thinking enough to realise that they can and, eventually, will be used against them.

To me the bigger issue is, as expressed in another thread, there is a signifigant portion of our population that has the mindset that, "I have nothing to hide, so I'm okay with it." The Tories thought the same way some 200+ years ago. They, also, were fearful, and thus loyal, to a tyrannt. Today the tyrannt is not one person, but an entire ideology. No, that's not really accurate either, it's more a "subset" of our Political/Business "Ruling Class".

Fear not my fellow patriots, just as the last tyrannt was cast off, so too will this one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Picaro

Picaro Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,948
    This is exactly why discussing anything to do with principles or morals seriously with these neo-fascists is a giant waste of time and pointless; they're just astro-turfing trolls. People like joe and the rest don't even know or care they're establishment shills, they're bigots and sociopaths.