Now with the Colorado ruling saying that religion can override public accommodation laws

They might, but Christian nurses are unlikely to demand Sundays off because they're doing healing work. You really need to know a little about people you're going to complain about, you know.

The point is they can now do so and the hospital cannot say no. The Govt will force them to do it, something I think is wrong.

Think about this, the baker that can no longer be forced to bake a cake they do not want to can now be forced to give time off to an employee they do not wish to give.

Why is one ok to force if the other one is not?

Your unfounded opinion.

the baker that can no longer be forced to bake a cake they do not want to can now be forced to give time off to an employee they do not wish to give.

The point is they can now do so and the hospital cannot say no. The Govt will force them to do it, something I think is wrong.

Think about this, the baker that can no longer be forced to bake a cake they do not want to can now be forced to give time off to an employee they do not wish to give.

How do you know that the baker doesn't want to give the employee Sunday off? Maybe the shop is closed on Sunday.

How do you know that the baker doesn't want to give the employee Sunday off? Maybe the shop is closed on Sunday.

The point is if they do not want to the Govt will force them to.

Why is this ok?

Hmm…

357488991_10105690286137966_481253868085918657_n.jpg

One hysterical postulation after another. The ruling is that a company cannot be compelled to create speech that violates the owner's religious beliefs. From that, hysteria multiplies.

The ruling is that a company cannot be compelled to create speech that violates the owner's religious beliefs.

And that is a good ruling that I agree with.

What I do not agree with is that same company being forced to accommodate an employees religious beliefs if they do not wish to.

You didn't. What you wrote, however, was. Not too surprising, however because some people do tend to go off the rails and hysterically bleat about things that aren't happening. Just lie down and you'll feel better soon.
Oh, I see. You were trying to be insulting. Fun!

Fuck you too! :)

And that is a good ruling that I agree with.

What I do not agree with is that same company being forced to accommodate an employees religious beliefs if they do not wish to.

First Amendment​

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

First Amendment​

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

And?

Is a private business Congress? Is a private business mentioned in the 1st amendment?

Why should a private employer be forced by the Fed Govt to give a fuck about your religion?

And?

Is a private business Congress? Is a private business mentioned in the 1st amendment?

Why should a private employer be forced by the Fed Govt to give a fuck about your religion?
They simply need to allow their employees to attend worship on Sundays. Not a big deal. Doesn't affect the employer

Forum List

Back