'Now, which guy is a hero again?’ Wife of soldier left paralyzed and unable to speak

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
I can't imagine the rage this woman feels knowing that this administration tried to pass off Bergdahl as a hero.

I just don't have the words. So here are hers.

'Now, which guy is a hero again?’ Wife of soldier left paralyzed and unable to speak after risking his life to save ‘deserter’ Bowe Bergdahl vents her fury on social media

Shannon Allen, husband of injured Afghanistan war vet Mark Allen, referred to Bergdahl as a 'traitor', while questioning 'which guy is a "hero" again?'

Mark Allen was rendered paralyzed after a sniper bullet passed through his armored helmet and through the frontal lobe of his brain

Allen had been in Afghanistan for only one month before being shot

article-2651223-1E8ADCE600000578-948_634x1194.jpg

Wife of disabled soldier paralyzed and unable to speak after risking his life to save Bowe Bergdahl vents fury in message | Mail Online

I can't imagine the rage this woman feels knowing that this administration tried to pass off Bergdahl as a hero.

'Now, which guy is a hero again?’ Wife of soldier left paralyzed and unable to speak after risking his life to save ‘deserter’ Bowe Bergdahl vents her fury on social media

Shannon Allen, husband of injured Afghanistan war vet Mark Allen, referred to Bergdahl as a 'traitor', while questioning 'which guy is a "hero" again?'

Mark Allen was rendered paralyzed after a sniper bullet passed through his armored helmet and through the frontal lobe of his brain

Wife of disabled soldier paralyzed and unable to speak after risking his life to save Bowe Bergdahl vents fury in message | Mail Online
So...if Bergdahl hadn't been grabbed, this man would not have had to go out on dangerous patrols at all...this is what you are telling us?

Yes this man is a hero...but unless his wife...or YOU for this matter...are prepared to testify at Bergdahl's GCM....you've got nothing.

So...if Bergdahl hadn't been grabbed, this man would not have had to go out on dangerous patrols at all...this is what you are telling us?

Yes this man is a hero...but unless his wife...or YOU for this matter...are prepared to testify at Bergdahl's GCM....you've got nothing.

Wondering, have you read the Wikileaks documents after Bowe was captured? Did you read the Taliban radio transmissions which said they were actively setting ambushes for those looking for Bowe? Did you read they set a ton of IED's out because they knew where our soldiers were headed? The radio transmissions show them "LOLing" and saying the US was looking in the wrong area?

Secondly, did you read the 2010 AR 15-6 referencing Bowe where the military confirmed Bown walked away and there would be NO more extraordinary efforts to find him because he walked away?

And finally, did you read that he stated he would go AWOL BEFORE arriving in Afghanistan? This was premeditated on Bowe's part. All this has been known since the first report findings starting in 2010.

Bowe Bergdahl: America's Last Prisoner of War by Michael Hastings | Politics News | Rolling Stone

What was the heroic act the administration claimed Bergdahl was responsible for while a soldier? I await your response.

By the way, I've never considered serving one's country a heroic act. In fact, I've often been dismayed when people refer to anyone and everyone who serves as heroes simply because not everyone who serves IS a hero. Doing your duty does NOT make you a hero. Doing something heroic makes one a hero.

Last edited:
AWOL is not necessarily desertion.

It would be nice if folks would allow the military to get the facts out rather than assassinating this man's character and attacking his family ahead of any actual evidence.

It might be true. It might not be. Or it might be something in the middle.

But regardless - we have a duty to our military to leave no one behind.

CaféAuLait;9222347 said:

Wondering, have you read the Wikileaks documents after Bowe was captured? Did you read the Taliban radio transmissions which said they were actively setting ambushes for those looking for Bowe? Did you read they set a ton of IED's out because they knew where our soldiers were headed? The radio transmissions show them "LOLing" and saying the US was looking in the wrong area?

Secondly, did you read the 2010 AR 15-6 referencing Bowe where the military confirmed Bown walked away and there would be NO more extraordinary efforts to find him because he walked away?

And finally, did you read that he stated he would go AWOL BEFORE arriving in Afghanistan? This was premeditated on Bowe's part. All this has been known since the first report findings starting in 2010.

Bowe Bergdahl: America's Last Prisoner of War by Michael Hastings | Politics News | Rolling Stone
Wikileaks.......oooookaaaay.....:cuckoo:

It would be nice if folks would allow the military to get the facts out rather than assassinating this man's character and attacking his family ahead of any actual evidence.

When one leaves their post in a war situation and goes "AWOL" that is Desertion.

CaféAuLait;9222347 said:

Wikileaks.......oooookaaaay.....:cuckoo:

Yes, the stuff Manning released contained the transmissions. And Hastings verified these were the transmissions from the Taliban by the Army. Its in the link I provided above. What about the second and third points above. You don't trust Hastings but how about his parents and the Military reports?

Last edited:
ugly thread based on politics....Sad you use these soldiers as footballs TD. You should be ashamed.

When one leaves their post in a war situation and goes "AWOL" that is Desertion.

AWOL and Desertion in the US Military

Nobody questions our duty to our military Coyote. Bergdahl's own platoon members are speaking out about him. They are calling him a deserter. And it's not just one or two guys either.....

I certainly believe that the families of the soldiers who died or got injured while searching for Bowe deserve more than Susan Rice on a Sunday talk show claiming Bergdahl served with honor and distinction.

These families are angry. His fellow soldiers are livid. An investigation into his disappearance has to be thorough and most importantly very public.

Oh and last but not least, when the Adminstration comes out swinging and insulting these people it really is over the top. Calling his fellow soldiers psychopaths was way way way out of line.

Administration official: Calls troops who served with Bergdahl ‘psychopaths’

Administration official: Calls troops who served with Bergdahl 'psychopaths' | Human Events

Last edited:
ugly thread based on politics....Sad you use these soldiers as footballs TD. You should be ashamed.

Yeah, it's pretty sad.

War sucks. Soldiers get killed. They get maimed. They come back as shadows of their former selves. To use them as props for a specific narrow political agenda is generally ill-advised.

I feel bad for MSG Allen as well as for his wife and his young daughter when I think of the years of their lives that have been unalterably changed.

I also feel bad for all the wounded Veterans I've seen in Veterans homes who have been essentially warehoused and mostly forgotten, and even, I'm also sorry to say, abandoned by family and friends. It's not right, and it breaks my heart to see these guys. But maybe if their stories were told more prominently in peace time, our leaders couldn't so easily convince us to support yet another war that will invariably lead to additional stories like this.

Yet another namby pamby reaction without knowing all the facts.

Forum List

Back