Now this is friggin" gross!!!

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Body unseen in Massachusetts swimming pool for days

Authorities in the US state of Massachusetts are trying to find out how a body lay unnoticed in a swimming pool for more than two days as the public continued to use the facility.

Marie Joseph, 36, had used a slide at the Veterans Memorial Pool in Fall River on Sunday but failed to return to the surface.

The body was found on Tuesday when teenagers broke in for a night swim.

The permit for the pool, described as "cloudy", had expired six months ago.

The woman's body went unnoticed when a city health inspector examined the pool earlier on Tuesday, Fall River mayor William Flanagan told the BBC.

BBC News - Body unseen in Massachusetts swimming pool for days

i am just not sure i believe this story....come on now...were people just walking over the body.....no one said...hey look that person hasnt moved in a while.....its just too weird.....but truth is always stranger than fiction or so i am told

I own a pool and no its no deeper than 6.5 feet BUT there is no reason to swim in a cloudy pool to begin with OR pass it as clean not knowing whats making it murky. over chlorination will give it a milky cloudy look, but even then its over chlorinated so swimming in it can be harmful.....so?

and, just a Q had the 'victim' Marie Joseph, been reported missing?

Edward Lambert Jr., DCR commissioner and former Fall River mayor, said he also put the “pool’s entire staff” on administrative leave, the same step Flanagan took for his health inspectors.

Administrative leave? Not fired? Interesting.

How do you not notice a body in the pool when you close it down for the night?

eh, i am so thinking of the worst lovers in all the world are the ones not capable of dealing with 'dead bodies' even though they be the atrocity they are

How do you not notice a body in the pool when you close it down for the night?

FALL RIVER (CBS) – New water clarity tests and autopsy results are backing up the belief that a Fall River woman who drowned in a public pool, was in fact there for more than two days before anyone noticed.

The Bristol County DA said Friday that visibility in the pool was extremely poor. “Visibility tests conducted with a police diver on Wednesday, June 29th, revealed that a submerged diver could not be seen at a depth of three-and-a-half to four feet below the surface of the water at the pool’s deep end,” the DA’s office said in a statement.

DA: Fall River Pool So Murky, Couldn’t See Diver 4′ Underwater « CBS Boston

the pool is 12 feet deep.

Now this is friggin" gross!!!

My wife said this happened at a community pool she frequented when she was growing up in Denver. The water was cloudy and nobody noticed a kid had drowned in the deep end for a couple days. People kept swimming, but nobody noticed. She still has nightmares about it.

Forum List

Back