Now that Obama's Killed Osama

Can someone explain to me why is it the SEAL Team was under orders to execute the unarmed highest value source of Terrorist information on the planet? If, in fact UBL was unarmed as one of he several different version of the raid suggest, why kill him?

Also, would be at all appropriate for Obama to use footage from his Ground Zero "I Killed Osama" Victory Tour for his reelection campaign, (assuming he in fact does get the nomination)?

And finally, UBL is dead, now what? Is the GWOT, er I mean the Overseas Contingency Plan to attack people who perpetrate Manmade Disasters now over?

That Osama got his head blown off was a given. I dont honestly believe that any plans were made to take him alive. As for his value, he was reduced to living in two rooms at his little compound there. Sure, he knew some things but for the most part I think he was nothing more then a motivator. As for him being unarmed, who cares, he had it coming. in some way he will use it in his campaign. I dont think it will work for him because the only thing he did was say "get him" and with his economy still a mess, unemployment at 9% and habit of going back on his word could cure cancer and still have a tough time getting reelected.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me why is it the SEAL Team was under orders to execute the unarmed highest value source of Terrorist information on the planet? If, in fact UBL was unarmed as one of he several different version of the raid suggest, why kill him?

Also, would be at all appropriate for Obama to use footage from his Ground Zero "I Killed Osama" Victory Tour for his reelection campaign, (assuming he in fact does get the nomination)?

And finally, UBL is dead, now what? Is the GWOT, er I mean the Overseas Contingency Plan to attack people who perpetrate Manmade Disasters now over?

That Osama got his head blown off was a given. I dont honestly believe that any plans were made to take him alive. As for his value, he was reduced to living in two rooms at his little compound there. Sure, he knew some things but for the most part I think he was nothing more then a motivator. As for him being unarmed, who cares, he had it coming. in some way he will use it in his campaign. I dont think it will work for him because the only thing he did was say "get him" and with his economy still a mess, unemployment at 9% and habit of going back on his word could cure cancer and still have a tough time getting reelected.

it's pretty obvious osama was a has been. he wasn't even the man in control anymore. hadn't been for a long time

You got a copy of those orders, Frank? Seems you're talking out your ass again about stuff of which you have no knowledge. Par for the course though. We see it all the time in the AGW debate.

One of the accounts said Osama was unarmed. If so, why shoot an unarmed man, especially a man who should have been captured alive at all costs?

Second, the day you find one single repeatable laboratory experiment showing how a 200PPM increase in CO2 raises temperature, melts ice caps and spawn will be the last day I ever talk about AGW. Don't derail the thread.

There was no reason to take him alive. Or, at least, certainly not to let the world know that we'd taken him alive. The last thing we want is for this administration to try this guy in court. Best thing, send him to Allah... there is no intel value to someone like Osama. But there is intel to be had, and we have that.

Dead was the best option.

Considering KSM turned out to be a "treasure trove" of information for future attacks, I think OBL would of been usefull. The problem is Obama put an end to the harshest tactics used to interrogate. And also because Obama did away with tribunals yes he would have to try OBL in a civilian court, which is of course a disasterous policy. Obama knows his own policies regarding captured terrorists is a joke and there would be no chance in hell Obama could of ever gotten re-elected had he been the President that "captured Bin Laden and gave him an ACLU lawyer".

Now were going to have security posted on the rail system? check points every 50 feet? I also noticed how it was convienatly thrown in aout the twin towers.from the translator, that is.

my personal freedoms and liberties are being eroded by the democrats

Dude wake the fuck up, your freedoms is being eroded by the government period, it just happens to be the current flavor of democrat thats doing it right now. In 2012 if the reublicans gain control it will be the republicans.

One of the accounts said Osama was unarmed. If so, why shoot an unarmed man, especially a man who should have been captured alive at all costs?

Second, the day you find one single repeatable laboratory experiment showing how a 200PPM increase in CO2 raises temperature, melts ice caps and spawn will be the last day I ever talk about AGW. Don't derail the thread.

There was no reason to take him alive. Or, at least, certainly not to let the world know that we'd taken him alive. The last thing we want is for this administration to try this guy in court. Best thing, send him to Allah... there is no intel value to someone like Osama. But there is intel to be had, and we have that.

Dead was the best option.

Considering KSM turned out to be a "treasure trove" of information for future attacks, I think OBL would of been usefull. The problem is Obama put an end to the harshest tactics used to interrogate. And also because Obama did away with tribunals yes he would have to try OBL in a civilian court, which is of course a disasterous policy. Obama knows his own policies regarding captured terrorists is a joke and there would be no chance in hell Obama could of ever gotten re-elected had he been the President that "captured Bin Laden and gave him an ACLU lawyer".

i think it was about to be exposed that bin laden was no longer the man in control. #2 had taken the top spot from an impotent bin laden and was planning a move that would make this known publicly. They've know where bin laden was since last august and it came down to take him out now while there was still some bang for the buck.

Of course they had a choice! But they first priority should have been to bring him in alive especially since he was unarmed

Now we are getting into the mushy center of your topic.

Either Obama gave the order to only kill OBL or you point has no point.

All I know is that if I were in charge, first priority would be to bring him in alive.

I don't know if was Obama's Blood Lust to bust a cap in Osama's ass caused him to give the "Shoot first, dump the body in the ocean" orders, or if it was Biden or Panetta...makes no difference, but whoever was giving the orders fucked up and fucked up really, REALLY BIG

Exactly. You don't know. You are speculating. I can speculate that the President wouldn't give those orders and that if he did, it would be pointed out that they were improper by Secretary Gates. I take it that the mission was, as articulated in his speech, to "kill or capture". That's it. Once those guys are on the ground, they make the call based on their assessment of the situation. That's how it works.

I also disagree that anyone "fucked up". Now Bin Laden's daughter, Al Queda, and everyone else has confirmed that we killed him. The motherfucker is dead and allegedly at the bottom of the ocean. Fuck him.

This is just like the birth certificate. Some people will never believe. We don't have to stick his head on a pike. We are better than that.

it's pretty obvious osama was a has been. he wasn't even the man in control anymore. hadn't been for a long time

You guys just stick to that talking point. This is about justice. Not ending the war on terror.

That fucker Zawahiri is next on the list. Until we bring everyone responsible to justice, be it in a court or with a bullet, we aren't stopping.

That's the important message that was muddied by the Bush Administration.

Now we are getting into the mushy center of your topic.

Either Obama gave the order to only kill OBL or you point has no point.

All I know is that if I were in charge, first priority would be to bring him in alive.

I don't know if was Obama's Blood Lust to bust a cap in Osama's ass caused him to give the "Shoot first, dump the body in the ocean" orders, or if it was Biden or Panetta...makes no difference, but whoever was giving the orders fucked up and fucked up really, REALLY BIG

Exactly. You don't know. You are speculating. I can speculate that the President wouldn't give those orders and that if he did, it would be pointed out that they were improper by Secretary Gates. I take it that the mission was, as articulated in his speech, to "kill or capture". That's it. Once those guys are on the ground, they make the call based on their assessment of the situation. That's how it works.

I also disagree that anyone "fucked up". Now Bin Laden's daughter, Al Queda, and everyone else has confirmed that we killed him. The motherfucker is dead and allegedly at the bottom of the ocean. Fuck him.

This is just like the birth certificate. Some people will never believe. We don't have to stick his head on a pike. We are better than that.

the cia had been monitoring this house since last august. they knew exactly what they were going to be up against

the cia had been monitoring this house since last august. they knew exactly what they were going to be up against

No they didn't. They knew more than going in blind, but they had no idea what the disposition of the forces were going to be in the compound.

It's reasonable to think that Bin Laden couldn't quarter a large force there based on the traffic and logistics, but it would be reasonable to expect a well armed contingent of 10 men. Who knows what the briefing was, however, you never brief "the best possible situation" in an OPORDER. You brief "the most dangerous course of action" and prepare for that.

Monday Morning quarterbacking the situation is fucking stupid.

No they didn't. They knew more than going in blind, but they had no idea what the disposition of the forces were going to be in the compound.

It's reasonable to think that Bin Laden couldn't quarter a large force there based on the traffic and logistics, but it would be reasonable to expect a well armed contingent of 10 men. Who knows what the briefing was, however, you never brief "the best possible situation" in an OPORDER. You brief "the most dangerous course of action" and prepare for that.

lmao, they'd been watching the place for 10 months, they knew who was going in and out. how many residence lived there, how well armed it was. they knew exactly what was going on.

lmao, they'd been watching the place for 10 months, they knew who was going in and out. how many residence lived there, how well armed it was. they knew exactly what was going on.

They never even had eyes on OBL. So, keep trying to shoot me full of shit. It's not terribly impressive.

They never even had eyes on OBL. So, keep trying to shoot me full of shit. It's not terribly impressive.

dream on. they were monitoring every conversation. they knew the routines. yes. you were there, you knew exactly what they saw and knew. stop shooting your own shit for a change. lmao!

dream on. they were monitoring every conversation. they knew the routines. yes. you were there, you knew exactly what they saw and knew. stop shooting your own shit for a change. lmao!

I was not there. Do you mean to imply that you were and know more about what happened then I do?

Your security clearance is in danger.

I was not there. Do you mean to imply that you were and know more about what happened then I do?

Your security clearance is in danger.

mmmm the cia is monitoring for 10 months and they have no clue what to expect. yea, i'm buying that. this wasn't stake out with emilio estavez :lol:

How could you possibly know "they never even had eyes on OBL"?

I highly doubt the President would of authorized a mini invasion of Pakistan to raid this house if they never had eyes on OBL.

I highly doubt the President would of authorized a mini invasion of Pakistan to raid this house if they never had eyes on OBL.

Because up until the raid, they still only suspected that this was a compound that housed OBL. The best evidence they had was that their courier made a stop there.

And the President indeed authorized the invasion. It was ballsy call.

Because up until the raid, they still only suspected that this was a compound that housed OBL. The best evidence they had was that their courier made a stop there.

again you were there? They knew. I mean really, what do you think they were doing over there. they had that place mapped out completely

again you were there? They knew. I mean really, what do you think they were doing over there. they had that place mapped out completely

Again, no. And neither were you.

Again, no. And neither were you.

you must take our cia for a bunch of amateurs. they use infared and ultra sound. they had their every movement mapped. they can tell if they are carrying guns.

Forum List

Back