Now that Obama's Killed Osama

Discussion in 'Military' started by CrusaderFrank, May 4, 2011.

1. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,919
    Can someone explain to me why is it the SEAL Team was under orders to execute the unarmed highest value source of Terrorist information on the planet? If, in fact UBL was unarmed as one of he several different version of the raid suggest, why kill him?

Also, would be at all appropriate for Obama to use footage from his Ground Zero "I Killed Osama" Victory Tour for his reelection campaign, (assuming he in fact does get the nomination)?

And finally, UBL is dead, now what? Is the GWOT, er I mean the Overseas Contingency Plan to attack people who perpetrate Manmade Disasters now over?

2. Spoonman

Spoonman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,748
    if this give him a bump in his approval ratings I'm guessing obama will personally be waterbording gitmo inmates looking for intel

3. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    You got a copy of those orders, Frank? Seems you're talking out your ass again about stuff of which you have no knowledge. Par for the course though. We see it all the time in the AGW debate.

4. CrusaderFrank

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,919
    One of the accounts said Osama was unarmed. If so, why shoot an unarmed man, especially a man who should have been captured alive at all costs?

Second, the day you find one single repeatable laboratory experiment showing how a 200PPM increase in CO2 raises temperature, melts ice caps and spawn will be the last day I ever talk about AGW. Don't derail the thread.

5. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    There was no reason to take him alive. Or, at least, certainly not to let the world know that we'd taken him alive. The last thing we want is for this administration to try this guy in court. Best thing, send him to Allah... there is no intel value to someone like Osama. But there is intel to be had, and we have that.

Dead was the best option.

6. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,938
    The White House has changed their story. But that doesn't surprise me one damn bit. I don't believe hardly a word obama says. He's a consummate liar, and so are those he has surrounded himself with.

Personally, I'm glad Osama did get a bullet in the head, or where ever it was. That story has changed as well. But I do see people's point. How is it obama is going to spin shooting an unarmed man?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  7. CrusaderFrank

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,919
    How do you know ANY of that? How? Do you think he was tending his vegetable garden the past 10 years?

He should have been taken ALIVE.

8. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I tend to go by what people who know far more about this shit than any of us do tell me. It is they who say it was better to send him to Allah.... he would not have significant intel on operations. He was nothing more than a figurehead since around 2004/05... that's because the US had kept him on the run for so long, and made it next to impossible for him to communicate with his people.... hence the use of couriers.

You honestly think our security services are stupid enough to not have thought this operation through?

9. Spoonman

Spoonman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,748
    he'll blame and courtmarshall the seal

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Flagwavrusa

Flagwavrusa "Stop complainin!"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Incarcerating bin Laden would have just lionized his image in they eyes of the Muslim world and turned him into more of a celebrity. It would have taken years and teams of lawyers to get bin Laden executed, and in the meantime young radicals would have had their resolve reinvigorated by the thought that their hero was being held in prison by the enemy. How many bombs would have gone off inspired by people who wanted to show bin Laden they honored him. Instead, already the media hype surrounding him is starting to die down. If he was being held somewhere right now it would still be at a fever pitch. I think the order to Shoot him and dump the body sends the most straightforward message to would be terrorists what we think of them. I think it was a brilliant move and good for the USA.